Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITS ALIVE!, ITS ALIIIIIIIIVEEEEE!!!!!!! (like frankenstein movie!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ITS ALIVE!, ITS ALIIIIIIIIVEEEEE!!!!!!! (like frankenstein movie!)

at last finally after almost two years I decided to put juice in the baby... fresh new bat, and.... WTF!.... no ECM, no gauges, no start.
I figured the ECM must went dead (lack of oxigen to the brain!), I removed and tested in my brothers camaro, started flawless... returned the ecm, this time all gages and signals iluminated..... GREaT SIGH!!!!, HOLD BREATH turned over to the fuel rail to purge the air (lots of air, surprissed that the pump still worked. about four months ago drained tank from old gas), HOLD BREATH AGAIN... STARTER.... COUPLE OF NON IMPORTANT PUFS AND EXPLOSIONS, started left half cyls, blink later other half, another blink: oil pressure needle jumps over 3/4 gauge on 30wt oil... BREATH AGAIN..... PUFFFFFFF!

iddle is stable, SOUND IS AWESOME!!!!, lopey, no explosion missed, RUMBAH,RUMBAH,RUMBAH,RAKATA,RAKATA.... the floor really rumbles and vibrates, my arm hairs are all exhaused from the constant rising....

started rissing temps, lotsa smoke, from the new headders I pressume, all the assembly grease from all the bolts...
check gages... the alternator is not working hmmm, Hyd pump not working, poured some more hyd fluid now I have steering, clutch hard as a truck, not disesgaging fully, (I hope is only air), the temps are rising FAST, close to 100ĒC (weird, no fan has come on still) all the sistem is hot (radiator and engine) weird iddle, oil temp also rising.
start accelerating.... stumbles a lot, hmmm (more dissapointing) the throttle pedal when pressed very slowly accelerates Ok (hard w/neigbors, only headders, no cats), when mashed stumbles and dies....

Im thinking, this will NOT be my (go-to-the-office-car) anymore....

now SES comes on, maybe a misfire code... later this week I`ll hace a snapon comp.

now an Hyd tube going to the rack breaks, drenching in oil all the front of the engine, oil pan, all K-menber, (It took me forever to clean this parts..... )
fun`s over, star cleaning up... HARRRRRGHHHH! put my garden sprinkler under the car.... all night!

WELL SO FAR, SO GOOD.....
Old 04-20-2006, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow....ummm sounds impressive?

So what did you do? Just not start the car for a couple years?

Or install new goodies?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Launching!

NO my engine blew on startup!, I turned the key one morning, and bang! track track track!!!!! al over, I imagine it was a electronig SNAFU... strted again... it started! 7 cyl, look under... and sure enough a pool of oil....
later on with the engine out performed the postmortem and traced to the asparragus made rod bolts... streched, loose cap, broke rod, pushed thru oil gallery and block both sides....
later after a river of money, ls6 block very carefully machined and blueprinted, ls6 pistons, cnc stage II heads, cam 228,237, 116lsa, all ARP (expensive as ouch) all new accsesories. lotsa sweat, all made in my garage!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Z28 got really hot, really quick after the cam install, and wouldn't run right (missed, no power). I just had air in the cooling system. The ecm will kill power if it thinks the car is actually that hot.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Launching!

actually when we where dissasembling the "old" engine, the temp sesn got smashed and the plastic part fly away leaving the three metalic thangs intact.... I conected the connector the wrong way, after that discovery the car ran much better still
DOHHHHH!,

STILL THE CLUCH IS STUCK!
I think the pilot bearing got crushed
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

" traced to the asparragus made rod bolts... "
Old 04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Your SES light is from running open headers and, most likely, only running your Front O2's. Even if you killed the rear's, the front O2's wont read properly since they are so close to the opening.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Launching!

up until this week I will connect the y pipe, althou I will make my own.
also I will connect it to the comp until I have everything finished, and the pcm reseted to see if it threw new codes
Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Launching!

all the codes where of
low activity (both sensors)
water temp sesns (probably because of disconnection)
check gages high water temp, (again water temp not properly connected)
fan circuit chk (they did NOT come on after the high temp registered)

still no y pipe.....