Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 Guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you seriously rely upon a retailer for your source of information, you're exactly the kind of sucker they want. Get real! Refer to my post in this thread regarding humankind's inability to be unbiased when it concerns their livelihood, then try it again.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Launching!

theres so many people arguing that its not safe. How long as it been out? How many people on stock 241 heads with this cam have hit? Clearance #s don't matter if they never hit. Clarence #s are safety precautions, not guidelines, you can only argue its not safe if people are hitting, and only if its because of the cam and not something else failing, & being someone thats lifter jacked up with the ms4 in the car, nothing hit, just replaced with morel lifters. Also, when was the last time those #s were updated with the newer technology and strength as well as the efficiency of newer parts and lifters. Is it smart to flycut as a precaution, absolutely, with any cam even close to this big, but don't knock people for not doing it when theres no one screaming problems with its clearance.

Last edited by Phynix; 04-20-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Last time they were updated? You 100% missed what I said. That's the recommendations for a SOLID VALVETRAIN. Which is more stable than a hydraulic. So with hydraulic you want that and actually more, since the hydraulic valvetrain is less stable than a solid. And you're right, it might be fine. I hope it is.
Funny thing is the guys running it with stock heads have pathetic dynamic compression. They have nowhere near the ***** they should on their cars. That MS4 would be very impressive with properly milled heads. Which requires valve reliefs with stock casting heads after milling. But if they don't want the most out of their setups, it's their money, and their toilet it's going down.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Launching!

I see what your saying, but even the solid drive train parts are made stronger now then they were ten years ago, even solid drive train had movement, thats why there is a clearance on a solid drive train. I am just asking, not to prove a point, but for knowledge as to when that was. If those tolerances were set as a standard in the 80s, then they wouldn't mean a whole lot now, you see what I mean, there are more cars running closer tolerances than that, I know a lot of people running tight tolerances that are fine.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Until they pull the heads and find eyebrows and realize they were giving up power due to their valvetrain. No big deal man. It's working, somewhat, for the MS4 guys. Let 'em do it. As I said, if they want to get their money's worth, they'd have to mill the heads anyway. Otherwise they're asking for $0.80 for their dollar.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Launching!

thats very true, I saw a huge gain when I jumped to the better set of heads and had my pistons flycut, but what I liked about this bump stick is that it had a good amount of torque under the curve for a big cam, but it does beg for a good set of heads. This cam, as well as some other big ones are worth the money, if you have the gears for it, and I didn't mess up my pistons, I had the cam almost since it came out, and in my situation everything turned out fine, I just changed my heads recently
Old 04-22-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1rulz
If you seriously rely upon a retailer for your source of information, you're exactly the kind of sucker they want. Get real! Refer to my post in this thread regarding humankind's inability to be unbiased when it concerns their livelihood, then try it again.

A company like TSP putting their neck on the line to lie about if a product will clear????

Cmon now...

Thats like KFC having poison in their chicken and telling you its safe to sell a product..

It will fit.. It's close.. but it will fit.. eventually if you over rev etc... the valves will give the piston a nice kiss..