Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(cam only) Texas Speed Torquer v.2 come in

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt2105
Lol thats the most retarded thing Ive ever heard. If you spend 700 bucks for a cam swap to gain 40 hp but wont spend 100 to gain 10 then I just dont know what to say.
I don't know how thats retarded when you can put a cam in a car and feel a huge difference in the car, and have a much lower e.t. or I can put a lid on my car, and probably not gain enough to feel a difference and maybe if I lucky gain .10 at the strip. I'm sorry if I think different, but I'm not trying to squeeze every bit out of my car to gain at the strip

P.S. sorry to the OP for
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Summit2345
Yea but I can feel 40hp and I cant feel 10-15hp. If you can hats off cause I cant
You can find used lids for cheap.

Jason
Old 04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

I don't know how thats retarded when you can put a cam in a car and feel a huge difference in the car, and have a much lower e.t. or I can put a lid on my car, and probably not gain enough to feel a difference and maybe if I lucky gain .10 at the strip. I'm sorry if I think different, but I'm not trying to squeeze every bit out of my car to gain at the strip

P.S. sorry to the OP for
The fact is that its only 100 bucks...I mean hell, you can cut your neighbors grass twice for 100 bucks. Its like cheaping out. Its like buying new shoes, but not buying laces for them.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt2105
The fact is that its only 100 bucks...I mean hell, you can cut your neighbors grass twice for 100 bucks. Its like cheaping out. Its like buying new shoes, but not buying laces for them.
I like to know who's grass your cutting for that kind of money lol!, but back on subject a lid in my book is not worth it. Unless I just had money to throw around and if I did I would probably have one on the car. I have better things that I could do with a $100
Old 04-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Launching!

read the last post on this thread and then tell me that a lid is worth a $100 when I can take that same money and get a tune, and make more HP.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...no+results+lid
Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

read the last post on this thread and then tell me that a lid is worth a $100 when I can take that same money and get a tune, and make more HP.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...no+results+lid
If you're cammed you need a lid even mroe than a stock car. If it = 10-15hp on a stock car, you REALLY need one being cammed. you're demand for air is much greater than stock
Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
If you're cammed you need a lid even mroe than a stock car. If it = 10-15hp on a stock car, you REALLY need one being cammed. you're demand for air is much greater than stock
You must have not read the post by Ed Wright the car only made 1hp on a bolt on car I'm assuming by the horsepower he listed. So I would say on a CAM only car it would at best only make 3-5 hp. When I go and get my car dynoed here soon I will Switch lids just to see what kind of difference it will make, and I will post results.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

You must have not read the post by Ed Wright the car only made 1hp on a bolt on car I'm assuming by the horsepower he listed. So I would say on a CAM only car it would at best only make 3-5 hp. When I go and get my car dynoed here soon I will Switch lids just to see what kind of difference it will make, and I will post results.

The problem is that you cant really measure what a lid does on a dyno because the cars stationary. The faster the car moves, the more air will be forced down its throat. Dyno numbers arent everything...
Old 04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You must not have read the posts that explain to you what the one right after your last post did. A lid will produce nothing on a dyno, there is no positive air pressure put on the lid on a dyno. There is a reason everyone on the planet get s lid first. You're not the genius that figured out that it is a fable, you are a fool who is choking his cammed LS1. Don't go to the dyno to test it. Go to the track and make a few passes, then change the lid and make a few more. You'll steal whoever's lid you just borrowed when you see what you've been doing to your cammed car
Old 04-26-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, why such controversy over a lid? If the guy wants to get another lid he will. It's not like he sold his LS1, got a Mustang and is now a troll making fun of us. He actually posted something useful in this thread. For all we know, he may be living in his car and posting on here from a public library.

Now, back to stuff on the Torquer 2. I'd like to see more videos or numbers from the dyno or track as there are a number of those out there about to buy a cam such as myself.

Jason

Last edited by Camaro99SS; 04-26-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
You must not have read the posts that explain to you what the one right after your last post did. A lid will produce nothing on a dyno, there is no positive air pressure put on the lid on a dyno. There is a reason everyone on the planet get s lid first. You're not the genius that figured out that it is a fable, you are a fool who is choking his cammed LS1. Don't go to the dyno to test it. Go to the track and make a few passes, then change the lid and make a few more. You'll steal whoever's lid you just borrowed when you see what you've been doing to your cammed car
Buddy I don't care what a lid does I had one on the car when I bought it and drove the car with it for months and then found that it was not sealing completely and I took it off and never have noticed a difference in the car at the strip or on street so seeing how it has not made the car drive different I'm not going to spend the money on a lid when I have better things to spend money on. So I'm not saying don't go buy a lid I'm just saying that I don't think that its worth it when I'm not trying to get every bit out of my car I don't think that my car is going to change enough for me to tell, and yes I would probably go buy a new one if I had a big bigger motor, but until then its not worth it to me
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he wants to leave power on the table its his own business. Let him be lol
Old 04-26-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just hate to see it
Originally Posted by Red 01SS
If he wants to leave power on the table its his own business. Let him be lol
Old 04-26-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

for a while there, I thought this thread was about the TQR 2
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Question

ne 1 have track times with the torquer v2 cam only??
Old 04-26-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

im starting to really consider this cam, it will be going into my DD. Im just worried that it is too big for a DD. Can some one chime in on its idle and drivability, I know TSP claims a like stock idle quality. Also what rpm are you guys shifting at?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's nowhere near too big for a DD, especially with an M6 like yours.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

currently i'm shifting my car at 6500...with a 6600 rpm redline...a little on the conservative side...but i can't afford to blow the motor...yet
Old 05-03-2007, 12:28 AM
12 Second Club

ok i just got this cam installed guys with tsp 7.4 pr ,dual springs.and comp cam lifters ..i seem to have a loud knock at idle more so than the sewing machine noise.im stock heads and gaskets .so i think my pushrods are fine.but it sounds like a lifter is bottoming out and can not figure out what the deal i s.oil presure is 40+ psi at idle .any idea what it may be also started the car with the valve covers off and notice very little oil coming threw the pushrods and dribbling onto the rockers .
Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

don't you know all the ballers have lids. How does the V3 compare to the ms4 just curious?

Quick Reply: (cam only) Texas Speed Torquer v.2 come in