Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(cam only) Texas Speed Torquer v.2 come in

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1TORQ
im starting to really consider this cam, it will be going into my DD. Im just worried that it is too big for a DD. Can some one chime in on its idle and drivability, I know TSP claims a like stock idle quality. Also what rpm are you guys shifting at?
Ok, I'll "chime in". I've had the torquer v2 in a 98 M6 with stock heads(all bolt ons and 4.10 gears) for about a month now. mine is on a 112lsa so the idle is a bt choppy, but its not bad.(sounds good) I drive the car back and forth to work about 3 times a week and the driveability of the cam does not bother me. I've had to mess around with the throttle body and tune to get enough air flow at idle or it would want to die/surge when first started (you can expect to do this with most cams this large or larger)

It wouldn't bother me to use this cam in a DD, but we all have our own opinions on what is driveable and what is not.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
If you're cammed you need a lid even mroe than a stock car. If it = 10-15hp on a stock car, you REALLY need one being cammed. you're demand for air is much greater than stock
No doubt. It's all about eliminating the bottlenecks for more airflow to make more power. The airbox is the cheapest and easiest place to start. It makes no sense to add any other intake mods like a cam until you've done a lid first. If you've already added a cam, then changing to a new lid will definitely be felt.

Back to the original topic, I think some of you are being a little less than honest if you say "it drives like stock till 4K rpm...." No way does a cam with a 230 duration drive like stock at low rpms, regardless of how great of a tune, you're going to lose low end power with higher durations.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ive had good luck with my t2. i wouldnt put it in again but i dont totally regret it. i made decent power and driveability is great imo once u mess with the lidle a bit. i just wish it made more power below 3k. my g/f's stock c6 will pull away from my car like a frieght train in a top gear roll on. (from cruising rpms) but get it up in the rev's and it will pull all the way to 6800 no problem

Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
ive had good luck with my t2. i wouldnt put it in again but i dont totally regret it. i made decent power and driveability is great imo once u mess with the lidle a bit. i just wish it made more power below 3k. my g/f's stock c6 will pull away from my car like a frieght train in a top gear roll on. (from cruising rpms) but get it up in the rev's and it will pull all the way to 6800 no problem

why would you do a high gear roll on though. if you put it in the right gear woudnt you leave her in the dust?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudog
Back to the original topic, I think some of you are being a little less than honest if you say "it drives like stock till 4K rpm...." No way does a cam with a 230 duration drive like stock at low rpms, regardless of how great of a tune, you're going to lose low end power with higher durations.
XE-R lobes contest what you are saying They really help you keep from losing your low end, and defintly the midrange. The Torquer V2 says so lol.
If I drive an auto on the street with the T2, there is no way it would be undesirable in an M6 car on the street.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Darracq
why would you do a high gear roll on though. if you put it in the right gear woudnt you leave her in the dust?
yes if we are in the right gear i will pull away but i dont drive around town with it above 4k ready to race someone. we did that to see how well the car responds to a load in the lower rpms. (like u do when u r passing someone in traffic) i can leave her car in gear where as i will need to downshift mine.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my new 7.425 push rods and cam gasket kit from Thunder Racing yesterday. It might be time to take my Torquer 2 off my work beach and install the little sucker
Old 05-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

99 FRC Torquer V2 Kooks 1 3/4 & x-pipe & Blackwing intake. 425hp/415tq on dynojet.

Idle
Old 05-05-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what push rod length should I run with stock heads
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

measure
Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 AM
TECH Resident

what push rod length should I run with stock heads
7.4's should be suffice......TSP has that length for there cam packages....

Quick Reply: (cam only) Texas Speed Torquer v.2 come in