Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 with M6 3.42's

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been said time and TIME AGAIN....the MS4 WILL NOT CLEAR the stage 2.5 heads...
hell it probably will not clear the stage 1's either, well safely that is...

I run one of the biggest cams you can squeeze under those heads, the MS3 on a 113...its close but it just clears...hell I figured out that if I was to advance my cam just 2*, it would not clear, that gives youa good idea...

The MS4 has a slightly larger duration than the MS3, which hurts PTV to no end..

As far as gears go, I ran my m6 with 4.10s with my heads and cam, and freakin LOVED it...on the street and the highway..

The draw back are the obvious higher rpms on long trips, more shifting, and generally a weaker ring and pinion...I know cause i SNAPPED 3 teeth off the ring gear on a 1-2 shift at the track..surprised it wasn't more (I was shifting like a girl)

I would highly recomend 4.10s in an M6, and so will others...I am back to 3.42's now...BORING

E
Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Why do you want the biggest cam possible?

Just felt the need to throw this in here. Kind of tired of seeing all the MS4 threads all the time.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/683617-do-any-shops-market-small-cams-anymore-why-not.html

Glad someone else sees the light.

You could also read this thread. It's about designing cams a little differently than seeing what the biggest that'll fit is.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/652563-reverse-torquer-cam-other-side-coin.html

I am going to have to second this to the fullest...the Guru's will also tell you, biggest isnt always the best...

Quick Reply: MS4 with M6 3.42's