Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^Damn thats the bitter truth...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This can stay open. It will be good for future questions.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
you do realize who you just quoted and wrote a nasty little response to dont you??

Do you think your car is running to its potential with that cam and stock converter?? I think not...

and a little word of advice, dont try and help your buddies with their setups if yours is all jacked up to begin with.... if you want to go to a track and see a 4500# truck with far less cubes come around you... let me know, it can happen
Easy, he responded to a mod, not to God. Get over it. I mod on many boards and don't think that makes me special.

And he never said he wants the car to run to its potential. Just to run "okay". So first gear will suck... that's acceptable since he's knowingly willing to lose the down low *****. You have to be willing to lose ***** down low when buying an MS4. So no big deal. Everyone is answering like he asked if it would run record times. He didn't. Let's all re-read and leave the wannabe tough guy attitudes with the people who care. If you're not local enough to come do something about it, don't act tough. Just be a decent human being and answer another decent human being in your best possible way.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Guys, maybe I was a bit touchy (not my usual), but that phrase "that is what I wanted to hear' is a box in itself.
Running that big overlap on a stock stall is doing things backwards and by no means is it time to do so.
It is a really bad idea because the idle will pull on your brakes very hard and you could endenger yourself as well.
That is beside the fact it will act and run like crap.

I know I sounded a bit rough, it happens sometimes, but in general I see myself as having a wise and safe approach to my advices.
Dream of fantasy but live in reality is usualy what I say.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I see myself as having a wise and safe approach to my advices.
Dream of fantasy but live in reality is usualy what I say.
I can vouch for you Mark. Your track record in the internal section alone proves it.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, Predator, you told him the same thing I was telling him on another board. Unfortunately his buddy has already decided that he wants a big cam before a big stall.

I know after I've gone from my M6 to my 4L80e, I don't know why anyone wouldn't go stall first.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazyjoe
Listen genious, if you paid attention to the original thread, you'll find that this isnt even for my car. I own an '02 WS6 in my sig, this is for a friends car, '00 WS6. I'm just trying to do some research for him to make sure the car will be DRIVEABLE since he is dead set on camming it before the stall. And just an fyi, my car is cammed, and it's running on the stock stall perfectly fine. I posted this thread to find out about driveability of such a large cam since mine is only a 224/224. My car went 8.30 @ 89.3mph, I havent updated my sig because I dont post here much (mainly because of members like you). So as far as I'm concerned, I've received more than enough information to consider this thread closed.
Wow, 8.30s with a cam. I'd be embarrassed. If you had a stall like a smart person you should run in the 7.60ish range.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

A stock car with stall runs 7.6's? With a normal, everyday guy driving? That's impressive. Best I got on street tires with heads/cam was 7.9 in my M6. You sure you're talking REAL numbers and not internet numbers?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Back on topic...

Its quite possibly the dumbet things someone can do. Why someone would spend money for their car to go slower defeats the purpose of having a car like this.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

It would only be slower from a dig, wouldn't it? I'm thinking it'll roll race nicely. but I still say veto him on the cam.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would imagine it would push through the brakes hard at stop signs. i can tell mine pushes and i only run a TR224 cam with the stock stall.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

you do realize who you just quoted and wrote a nasty little response to dont you??

Do you think your car is running to its potential with that cam and stock converter?? I think not...

and a little word of advice, dont try and help your buddies with their setups if yours is all jacked up to begin with....
So my bolt on car with a small cam is "jacked up" for simply lacking a stall??? Money doesnt grow on trees where I'm from, so if you want to help me "un-jack" my set-up why dont you give me $700 bucks and I'll go buy a Yank, or you can pick one out for me if that wouldnt be up to your standards. And did I say that my car was running at it's peak potential, no, do I think it will pull better times with a stall, hell yes it would.

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Guys, maybe I was a bit touchy (not my usual), but that phrase "that is what I wanted to hear' is a box in itself.
Running that big overlap on a stock stall is doing things backwards and by no means is it time to do so.
It is a really bad idea because the idle will pull on your brakes very hard and you could endenger yourself as well.
That is also exactly the they type of answer I like to read, something with an explanation, not just a no or a hell no. I appreciate the insight, I'll definitely tell him about pushing through the brakes, thanks.

Joe.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Question was : will the car run with a stock stall and an MS4

and the answer is : yes...that should be the end of the thread.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by GT Griller
Question was : will the car run with a stock stall and an MS4

and the answer is : yes...that should be the end of the thread.
Of course it will "run". Will it drive? Sure. Would you really want to? No.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Would you really want to? No.
That wasnt the question, but to answer that then..obviously yes, some people do want to...I personally think its a waste of a badass cam but if thats what u want then go for it i guess. Like i said i have 1 buddy that had his tuned by TSP on the stock stall and another that ran his MS4 on the stock stall untill the 3800 stall arrived.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Default anythings possibble

it can be done here is an exampleclick here

I personaly wouldnt advise this ...ive got a buddie thatjust done the same thing in a sbc setup it was a baby 224 cam...he lost .6 at the track were the truck was so sluggish off the line.....
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I apoligize for being a little shitty in the previous posts... I just get tons of guys wanting to put parts in their car thats not going to improve a thing... the vast majority will make it even slower as stated before... I didnt mean to call you out or anything like that, but making an MS4 run/drive/act properly in an auto car you HAVE to have a stall converter... thats just a fact. My setup isnt perfected yet either so I shouldnt have opened my mouth I guess.... but I do believe its getting pretty nailed down bit by bit. Dont let the user title fool you LOL... thats not what she runs again, sorry for the 'tude before... I like to come here to help and I wasnt being helpful at all...

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 07-30-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

I apoligize for being a little shitty in the previous posts... I just get tons of guys wanting to put parts in their car thats not going to improve a thing... the vast majority will make it even slower as stated before... I didnt mean to call you out or anything like that, but making an MS4 run/drive/act properly in an auto car you HAVE to have a stall converter... thats just a fact. My setup isnt perfected yet either so I shouldnt have opened my mouth I guess.... but I do believe its getting pretty nailed down bit by bit. Dont let the user title fool you LOL... thats not what she runs again, sorry for the 'tude before... I like to come here to help myself and I wasnt being helpful at all...
It's cool, apology accepted. It's obvious that this big of a cam is not going to perform like he thinks it will, but if it runs like crap, maybe that will be his motivation to buy a nice stall for it.

Joe.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by N4cer
A stock car with stall runs 7.6's? With a normal, everyday guy driving? That's impressive. Best I got on street tires with heads/cam was 7.9 in my M6. You sure you're talking REAL numbers and not internet numbers?
What melchoir meant was with the appropriate stall the car could run 7.6's cam included..not that a stock car would run it with a stall.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will prob gain more from just running a good sized stall than jumping into an MS4 unstalled