Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TR224 -114 initial impressions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TR224 -114 initial impressions!

Finally, will this work for a C5? My car does this at 2K, but funny thing is it only does it when the A/C is on.

TIA
Greg
Old 07-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throttle comes down even better now, but there is still a delay before it starts to come down. What we need is an "In Gear" delay parameter in LS1edit like there is for P/N.
Well as a follow-up for those that have been following my "cruise control effect" problem, it's finally totally solved! The final element was to unhook the battery for a while; this seems to have forced the PCM to do a relearn and fully recognize the the changes I made to the follower tables. Apparently you have to do that after making engine tuning changes to get the full benefit.
I have the same problem with my 224/224. But I grenaded the rear end and haven't driven it since (the cruise control effect didn't cause the grenade). Good to hear you got it all working Cal. I'm having mine tuned by SLP in Aug... I should have the rear end by then.

I agree with you on then accel. past 3K RPM... it flies!
Old 07-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally, will this work for a C5? My car does this at 2K, but funny thing is it only does it when the A/C is on.

TIA
Greg
To be honest, I don't know, but seems like it should. Easy enough to try it and see; you can always back it out if not. It sure took care of my 2K cruise problem, hasn't been back; put 31 in all cells of the follower tables. Seems like everything but WOT AFR you can experiment with without really hurting anything.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:30 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem with my 224/224. But I grenaded the rear end and haven't driven it since (the cruise control effect didn't cause the grenade). Good to hear you got it all working Cal. I'm having mine tuned by SLP in Aug... I should have the rear end by then.

I agree with you on then accel. past 3K RPM... it flies!
Yep, just glad to finally have the cam in there; seems like it took a full year to decide on which one and get the money set aside for it. There's still some minor tuning issues; cold starts aren't what they should be, but everything else is good.

Quick Reply: TR224 -114 initial impressions!