Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried these headers?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried these headers?????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...spagenameZWDVW

Just wondering because that is retarded cheap, and I cant see them being any worse that Pacesetters... Im just wondering about ground clearance and all...... Any info?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

they are knock offs of a knock off of a good header so they might be ok
Old 04-25-2008, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Hmmm.... Im thinkin about tryin them.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know how they do
Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Launching!

matty they are junk man, angle of the collector is gonna smack your y pipe off the floor. stick with the tuned length slp's.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Launching!

I personally would not use them. If you're on a budget it is better to go with some pacesetters LTs. They're priced great and show some decent numbers.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kistlerjm9
matty they are junk man, angle of the collector is gonna smack your y pipe off the floor. stick with the tuned length slp's.
SLP's are garbage because of the HORRIBLE ground clearance. They fit and work awesome but end up a few fingers off the dam ground on the drivers side which will get destroyed the minute it encounters any winn dixie parking lot speed bump. Someone tried those ebay headers due to the price as well and replied that they werent that bad at all, that they were the same quality as some headers and for the price you couldnt pass it up. ONly thing i might be worried about is the flange being warped already as is or getting warped over time due to "cheapy" material (flange where the gasket seals against the head itself). But anyways its probably the best bang for the buck anywhere. Other than the ebay stuff, the best name brand nice quality bang for the buck header out are pacesetter long tubes, ive personally used them and they fit great, semi easy to install (even though all LT's are a PITA), they worked/sounded great, and clearance was awesome. Another option would be hooker, they seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper over time too....So its up to you really. If it were me i'd give those ebay ones a try and use the rest of the money for a cam or something
Old 04-26-2008, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kistlerjm9
i was going to say take this opinion with a grain of salt, they are the same design as the xs headers, just the welds look a little different. good luck with them
Old 04-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Teching In

At that price it cant really hurt to at least give them a try... and it could be a service to many if you feel up to being a guinea pig. I believe thats the cheapest Ive seen for stainless LTs.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

My younger brother bought these a few weeks ago. We haven't gotten around to installing them yet, but they look really good in person.

There's several threads about these in the external engine section...just do a search in there for ebay headers. Several people have them with good results.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Nice! Im tryin them! I'll get pics of them after the install also.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy got a pair of the cheapie stainless headers, but im not sure if theyre the same ones or not. There was some welding slag in the bolt holes and the holes were drilled just a tad bit too close one one of the flanges. After a couple minutes with a dremel, they fit on no problem. No nothing the K member and no cutting the casting tab off the block. One other issue was that the drivers side collector was angled upwards and will require some creative Y pipe modification to get it to not hit the cross support.

If you dont mind a little extra work, these seem to be well worth the price savings. When my jethots finally crumble apart, ill probably get a pair myself.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Try the BBK's... they are great headers without fitment issues and are a great price...

e-mail Brian @ BBK and tell him I sent ya if your interested in them...

tech@bbkperformance.com

see PICS here...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/886511-new-bbk-lt-s-ory-lot-s-pics-inside.html
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Those look like nice headers, but Im definitely not tryin to drop a bunch of money on a pair of headers....