Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bonz
I guess it's OK on here to talk about peoples family but how DARE you talk about there precious CARS
It just shows how offended people were by the comments, and how passionate they are about their cars. It never would have reached that point if you had immediately backed-off and stopped the "lsturd" comments. You brought it on yourself.

And what's sad is that the guys here love to talk cars and answer questions. All you needed to do was show a little respect and have a sliver of common sense.

It's never too late though, live and learn. Use your brain and commonsense in the future. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Teching In

I read this whole thread and I can't believe ya'll are letting a little word like lsturd **** you off, who cares.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 PM
HPC

Originally Posted by Predator
Humor is allowed of course, but no one seems to find "lsturd" funny except you. We don't think of our cars as turds for one thing. There's a difference between being funny and offending people. In order to be funny, you need to find people who find you funny. Try the Mustang Ranch.

Um....excuse me, but I don't ever get my panties this bunched up when people call my car a "rustang". I just laugh it up and keep moving. They're just jealous anyway.
Y'all sound like my children...."MOM....he's calling me names again". Sticks and stones people! That's a 1st grade principle.
Stress, and McDonalds french fries are the #1 cause of stroke and heart attack. Keep your priorities straight, laugh a little, and eat an apple every now and again and you might be able to reverse the effects

Now the man's trying to ruin a perfectly good "rustang" by adding parts out of an "lsturd", in turn, making it a hybrid piece of junk.
WHEN this hybrid piece of junk starts outrunning your "lsturds", then the hostility might be understandable due to all the ego busting.

But until then, show some love for the newbies. We might be saving your arteries and you don't even know it. No need for thanks.....you are very welcome.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HPC
Um....excuse me, but I don't ever get my panties this bunched up when people call my car a "rustang". I just laugh it up and keep moving. They're just jealous anyway.
Y'all sound like my children...."MOM....he's calling me names again". Sticks and stones people! That's a 1st grade principle.
Stress, and McDonalds french fries are the #1 cause of stroke and heart attack. Keep your priorities straight, laugh a little, and eat an apple every now and again and you might be able to reverse the effects

Now the man's trying to ruin a perfectly good "rustang" by adding parts out of an "lsturd", in turn, making it a hybrid piece of junk.
WHEN this hybrid piece of junk starts outrunning your "lsturds", then the hostility might be understandable due to all the ego busting.

But until then, show some love for the newbies. We might be saving your arteries and you don't even know it. No need for thanks.....you are very welcome.
Where's your common sense dude. It's not just forums but life in general. You don't walk up to a total stranger and start insulting him. What do you think would happen? You'd probably get punched in the nose. Same with forums. No one has seen you here before, and you only have 5 posts. The people here are strangers to you, just like that stranger in the street who punched you in the nose for insulting him. Get it?

I mean if you've been here for a few years, made some good posts, and became familiar to the members here, that would be different. People would probably laugh their *** off at lsturd. See the difference? It's just common sense. Where's yours?
Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
HPC

Where's your common sense dude. It's not just forums but life in general. You don't walk up to a total stranger and start insulting him. What do you think would happen? You'd probably get punched in the nose. Same with forums. No one has seen you here before, and you only have 5 posts. The people here are strangers to you, just like that stranger in the street who punched you in the nose for insulting him. Get it?

I mean if you've been here for a few years, made some good posts, and became familiar to the members here, that would be different. People would probably laugh their *** off at lsturd. See the difference? It's just common sense. Where's yours?

Dude? Seriously.....LOL

I assure you.....You are marking your territory with a few mis-conceptions. I have been nothing but polite to you and you accuse me of having no common sense. All the while proving my point.
The vote of banishment was called upon based solely on assumption. To my knowledge, I have broken no rules.
My common sense tells me that if I were to get punched in the nose under any circumstance, odds are it wouldn't turn out well for the other party involved. (I reserve the right to be special like that)
Generally speaking. Mustang owners are not bound by envy to sit upon their high horses and speak down to others. We're too busy having fun outrunning you.
Now I ask you my new cynical friend....
High horse, or fast horse?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by HPC
Dude? Seriously.....LOL

I assure you.....You are marking your territory with a few mis-conceptions. I have been nothing but polite to you and you accuse me of having no common sense. All the while proving my point.
The vote of banishment was called upon based solely on assumption. To my knowledge, I have broken no rules.
My common sense tells me that if I were to get punched in the nose under any circumstance, odds are it wouldn't turn out well for the other party involved. (I reserve the right to be special like that)
Generally speaking. Mustang owners are not bound by envy to sit upon their high horses and speak down to others. We're too busy having fun outrunning you.
Now I ask you my new cynical friend....
High horse, or fast horse?
Listen dude, this my last attempt to talk sense to you. I can see that it doesn't matter what I say, you're just too immature.

I've been just trying to explain to you why people have gotten bent out of shape by your posts. Whether you want to accept it or not is your choice, I don't really care either way. I thought the whole point of coming to a forum, like LS1 Tech, was to talk cars, but you just want to talk ****. I know you understand what I'm saying, who wouldn't, it's something we should have learned in elementary school, but I can see I'm wasting my time with you because you just want to play games.

I hope Camaroholic ends this nonsense. I give up. Out.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Teching In

So, on to the technical stuff...

Oh, and by the way, when I say LSturd...don't take offense, that just what I call them. When one gets around this junk Ford motor, I won't call them that anymore.

Anyway, I've found a junk yard that will sell me a complete LS1 out of a wrecked Camaro for $2000, to include computer, accessories, and auto tranny. Does this look like a good deal or no? How about the tranny...would it be faster if I sold it and found a 6-speed? I'm interested in this swap, but I just don't want to waste my time if I'm not going to go any faster. I've been faster than 7.80's on the spray, but I don't know if the LSturd can handle as much spray as the Ford junk can handle. How much can you spray to a stock LS1turd and get away with it?

What is up with everybody getting so bent out of shape anyway? You call a hot girl ugly, and she'll just blow it off b/c she knows that she's hot...kinda like calling a Ford owner slow. On the other hand, you call an ugly chick ugly, and she'll get all pissed about it...kinda like calling an LSturd a turd...you know what I mean.

Oh, and what are a couple of good, cheap mods that can be done...cam? Intake? Headers?...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Teching In

you guys get bored with scf ?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMFAO I just wanna send ttt for some more I actually love seeing LSX fox bodys......... Just proves a point
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
HPC

Listen dude, this my last attempt to talk sense to you. I can see that it doesn't matter what I say, you're just too immature.

I've been just trying to explain to you why people have gotten bent out of shape by your posts. Whether you want to accept it or not is your choice, I don't really care either way. I thought the whole point of coming to a forum, like LS1 Tech, was to talk cars, but you just want to talk ****. I know you understand what I'm saying, who wouldn't, it's something we should have learned in elementary school, but I can see I'm wasting my time with you because you just want to play games.

I hope Camaroholic ends this nonsense. I give up. Out.

Immature? I'll take that as a compliment. 30 used to be so old...lol Still doing good though, no crows feet yet
I have yet to be mean or disrespectful to you, but you continue to throw out insults. I came here to read a few threads and learn a few things. I'm a car lover as a whole, Mustangs just happen to be my "cup of tea".
(On a side note....there are 2 members on here that I have no choice but to respect. One who's car should be totally illegal to put on the street. The video with the Cobra was INSANE....Props. And the other USED to have the most beautiful GM product I have ever seen in my life. I have no idea what possessed him to get rid of it for the purple "turd". He should be beat with a wet noodle....seriously )

I have kept all my comments within the confines of this thread, and they are kind of, in a round about way on topic.....so hopefully I'm good

P.S.
Being that I posted on the heels of Dr. 10.5.....Using the middle of his post as reference.....You're welcome to call me slow and ugly till your heart's content
Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Teching In

this is some really good reading.
randy if you are interested i can tell you my mistakes on my ls1 swap fox. shoot me a pm on here or scf and i can tell you my times on a 100 shot with small cam and some shitty ported heads.
josh
Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Junkie

"I've been faster than 7.80's on the spray"

in the 1/8th or 1/4?

figure a stock bottom end with an aggressive cam and GOOD heads cam make 450-475RWhp (thru fbody driveline), then add nitrous on top of that. i'd say its a good platform for power.

considering i've seen several guys BRAG about their supercharged stock engine pusstangs dyno tuning out at 350-375RWhp...i'll venture a guess and say the LS1 can be built faster and cheaper.

the stock lower end is pretty strong, but it isn't a bad idea to drop the oil pan and replace the rod bolts, as they are a known "weak" point (still handling 500+ fwhp regularly).

since the motor is out, i would go one step farther and install some good forged pistons.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by teke184
"I've been faster than 7.80's on the spray"

in the 1/8th or 1/4?

figure a stock bottom end with an aggressive cam and GOOD heads cam make 450-475RWhp (thru fbody driveline), then add nitrous on top of that. i'd say its a good platform for power.

considering i've seen several guys BRAG about their supercharged stock engine puss tangs dyno tuning out at 350-375RWhp...i'll venture a guess and say the LS1 can be built faster and cheaper.

the stock lower end is pretty strong, but it isn't a bad idea to drop the oil pan and replace the rod bolts, as they are a known "weak" point (still handling 500+ fwhp regularly).

since the motor is out, i would go one step farther and install some good forged pistons.
so basically what your saying is use the block ONLY and fill it full of race parts and a LS TURD will out run a [b]puss tangs[/b with a stock bottom end and a blower
Old 09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

so basically what your saying is use the block ONLY and fill it full of race parts and a LS TURD will out run a [b]puss tangs[/b with a stock bottom end and a blower
I still say the junkstang will go faster with Mopar power than either a Ferd or LSturd motor. I got no problems with running a glide though, thats something GM I like.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Teching In

guys its just a little **** talk, damn thats what makes these forums fun, hell I wish I could own a lsturd, hell all Ive got is a junky old ford fairmont, you know those things are pieces.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by a408swinger
I still say the junkstang will go faster with Mopar power than either a Ferd or LSturd motor. I got no problems with running a glide though, thats something GM I like.
you and your moparsj/k Its very weird combo to see but it is different and for that you get props.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 331coupe
you and your moparsj/k Its very weird combo to see but it is different and for that you get props.
You know how I am by now, I always have to go against the grain! lol
Old 09-12-2008, 02:10 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Oh no way. These turds are running 9's on a stock bottom end. A lil boat anchor 302 ain't got **** on a LSturd. I like what you're doing with the GM in a Ford, "Ford tough with Chevy stuff".

Good luck with it though, it'll be an awesome car with minimal work.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by a408swinger
You know how I am by now, I always have to go against the grain! lol
well you know I did pick a fairmont, some I'm right there with ya buddy lol
Old 09-12-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
Oh no way. These turds are running 9's on a stock bottom end. A lil boat anchor 302 ain't got **** on a LSturd. I like what you're doing with the GM in a Ford, "Ford tough with Chevy stuff".

Good luck with it though, it'll be an awesome car with minimal work.
I have a truly stock bottom end 302 that I challenge ANY truly stock bottom end ls1 on a 10.5" tire and stock suspension.