Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this new style Intake manafold!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJD49
Beautiful intake. Will this work on LS2 cars that live in a emmissions controled stated and do the sniffer test every few years
It has hook-ups for all the stock stuff (evap, MAP, and brake booster, PCV)
When I installed one on my GTO I got a lean bank 1&2 code after driving around for a few days. It will need the tune 'freshened-up' for sure. Fortunetly you live in CT and have access to good tuners, like Slowhawk.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

CT has no sniffer test it is a plug in only, and tuner with a clue can make anything pass that test.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
It has hook-ups for all the stock stuff (evap, MAP, and brake booster, PCV)
When I installed one on my GTO I got a lean bank 1&2 code after driving around for a few days. It will need the tune 'freshened-up' for sure. Fortunetly you live in CT and have access to good tuners, like Slowhawk.
This intake may be on my Christmas list.

Last edited by JJD49; 11-14-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Race your car!

Jesus next thing I'm gonna hear is J&M knows what they're doing.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I look forward to seeing more results out of this. With a lot of new products on the market now I'm trying to figure out what intake manifold to decide on.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

subscribing. Looking for some Fast comparos
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Race your car!

As soon as Vinny can get me one I'm gonna put it on, and get the results out.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
and right after that, I will likely be sending my deposit.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
You still running a 402-408 with cathedral ports? I'm interested in how much is lost down low, how much the peak HP & TQ moves, and how much higher it will allow the motor to rev.

It would be great to be able to switch runners to see the difference in power, the adjustments are great. It would have been sweeter if they had made the front TB with the ability to switch plates to adjust to different TB sizes, to test what is needed for different combos.

Either way, it looks promising, & I'm looking forward to results.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why are there no cathedral port numbers yet from Nitrous Outlet? It seems like a small expense to throw this thing on one of the 5,987,569 cars on the road running a FAST90 in order to get a comparison for advertising purposes if nothing else.

We have a fresh 427 LSX with 12:1 compression, solid roller, almost .700 lift cam, TFS 245's and a ported FAST 90 sitting on the engine dyno right now. Would make for a very nice test bed. I'm not a big fan of buy it and see. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

We should have more test results by the end of this week.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine/ 00SS
You still running a 402-408 with cathedral ports? I'm interested in how much is lost down low, how much the peak HP & TQ moves, and how much higher it will allow the motor to rev.

It would be great to be able to switch runners to see the difference in power, the adjustments are great. It would have been sweeter if they had made the front TB with the ability to switch plates to adjust to different TB sizes, to test what is needed for different combos.

Either way, it looks promising, & I'm looking forward to results.

Yes car still has a 402 13.5 to 1 compression cathedral setup. I'm not really concerned with low end, hell converter goes to 4200 on the brake and anything that happens below there I couldn't care less, that range is used for loading and unloading the car, driving in the staging lanes, etc.

As it is the car will carry the power pretty good to about 7500 rpm, I put a dyno sheet in my photo album, you can see the car climbs and holds steady all the way up, I'm expecting it to climb in power for a good bit longer before evening off like it does now.

As soon as I can get the intake I will order what I have to so it can get on the car, and I plan to do a before and after test on the dyno, get the car on, warm it up, make a pull with the fast, then pull it off and install the new one, transfer my NW 90mm TB on as well so the intake is the only change.

Just waiting to hear back from Vinny as to when he can send it.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

****Here is the update****
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has expressed intrest in our new product. To be 100% honest, the positive response has actually caught us off-gaurd. We expected these to sell like our other manifolds which are build to order. With that being said, when we started this we only purchased enough castings to be able to make 5 manifolds. 3 rectangle and 2 cathedral ports.

The good news and the bad news is we have made and sold off all the inital ones we built. (well technically the last one should be shipping out tomorrow) Because paying customers take priority over people who offer their own cars as test cars, we had to sell them. Now that they are gone, I wish we had made more so we could field a few on some high powered mills, but unfortunely I just don't have any for that right now. Hopefully the owners of some of the sold units will dyno and post up usefull results.

I understand everyones questions as to 'how will this work on ....' And over time this will be put on all types of differnt combinations, and we will see how well it shines. Also, in effort to get more real data on the manifold we already sent a rectangleport manifold to WCCH to have an idependant shop bench flow test them, and we will be sending a cathedral port to them ASAP for the same test. Thankfully Richard fit us into his busy schedule and will be posting the results shorty.

We are currently making a batch of 10 more manifolds and as soon as they are done I am willing to have one as a test manifold. (assuming they aren't all pre-purchased) We expect the next batch of 10 to all be ready 3 weeks from now. They are first-come-first-serve, and I know Dave already has some of these accounted for.

As far as test cars to demonstrate this manifold on, Noyzee's car would certainly be the best since he is local, but its apart and he is ordering new heads, so I'm not sure when it will be ready. The next canidate is JL WS6. I've been talking with JL WS6 which I think is a good fit because he is only a few hours from me, and I can deliver and be there for some dyno thrashing.

In the meantime, I'll get some updated pictures up. We have hired a new welder who is doing some amazing work.

Hopefully that helps everyone understand where we are at right now.
and please dont hesitate to contact Dave or myself with any questions.
Thanks,
Vinny
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it's going well then. I hope this pans out well.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

if my 454 EVER gets finished, i'll test one out for you. i already have my FAST sold in favor of a 100mm version of this new manifold. hopefully i'll be able to order one soon.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
I'll get some updated pictures up. We have hired a new welder who is doing some amazing work.
Good for you guys!!

I can't wait to see some welding to do these things justice
Old 11-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Race your car!

Just lemme know Vinny, when you are ready to test one get back with me, just let me know exactly what parts I need to get as far as the rails and whatnot and I will order them and we can set it up, car's ready to go.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Flow-test results

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-results.html
Old 11-19-2008, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Judging by the results and the testing done, Im going to take a guess that these intakes are more trying to go after the L92 crowd. To give them a performance option they have up til now not had, and possibly not so much after the cathedral port crowd who by now mostly all have taken up one of the several options available? Or are we still expecting this to perform over and above on an aftermarket cathedral head with aftermarket intake.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the guys expressing concerns on the welds. Thank you for your feed back. please understand the pictures posted were of first production run being welded in house. Vinny has hired someone to weld these things for a cleaner looking weld. So the look of the welds will not be an issue.
Dave

Quick Reply: Check out this new style Intake manafold!