Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

454 lsx with cnc l92 heads, intake options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1cdub
Finally fired it up yesterday and drove around a lil this morning....still waiting on my Percy's Speedglass so I had to use goggles..glad I live in the country. lol This winter I went a lil bigger with the cam...248/262 switched to a 255/271 on a 110 LSA and a 106 ICL. Also got rid of the heavy manley valves and put in some Ls3's. Also going to try the Crane adjustable rockers and a set of Morel link bar lifters this time around. I'm shooting for 9.6's. I plan to make some hits next weekend if the glass shows up. Thanks for all your great tech....good work.
AHHAHAHAHAH!!!! yes! that is bad ***. ahhaha.
Old 03-24-2009 | 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love all these combos guys! i've been dreaming of a 750ish hp 420+" motor for a while. im sure its doable.

oh yea, and 454's totally are usless without ITB's.
Old 03-24-2009 | 05:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kmracer
i love all these combos guys! i've been dreaming of a 750ish hp 420+" motor for a while. im sure its doable.

oh yea, and 454's totally are usless without ITB's.
I have done it more than once I know its doable, My last engine was a 440 lsx with PRC lsx heads and that made over 850hp but it was 14.5 compression and a solid roller....
Old 03-25-2009 | 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wanna do 750 - 780 on pump. heh. i think alot of people under estimate the capabilities of these motors.
Old 03-25-2009 | 07:34 AM
Launching!

i wanna do 750 - 780 on pump. heh. i think alot of people under estimate the capabilities of these motors.
What I see is alot of combos that are jusy mismatched, They have a 454 lsx with 1 3/4" **** headers or a cam thats not big enough for a 4.8. To make 700 it takes a good head and intake combo and just enough cam to spin 7000rpm

I have done it several times but all the big heads CNC ported LS7/L92 suffer under the curve on power and with an auto are not the greatest street drivers for most people I dont care so they work for me the more radical the more I like it.
Old 03-25-2009 | 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

On pump gas, and not corn, gonna need some cubes to make those levels. It is doable though
Old 03-25-2009 | 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup. this is down the road though. im gonna be attending SAM pretty soon.
Old 03-25-2009 | 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gen414
Cool, thanks. Funky looking thing. Supposed to make some power though, huh?

Yeah, right? When I bought my heads last year @ July or August, I knew there was not much to choose from intake wise. GMPP was teh only carb option. But, I thought...these heads are too good for companies not to make intake's rather quickly for 'em. Yeah, I was wrong

It had been so long, and since my motor was not together yet, I actually thought people knew something I did not, and the heads were actually junk or something. So, I posted a thread here on the site a couple months back asking, "Hey, why are no heavy hitters running the L92 head?" Again, thinking that someone ws gonna come on and say, "Well, the casting has a flaw" or something like that. When all I got from people was, "well, not really an intake option, or no rockers for it" I got even more confused, in that, OK this head can make some serious power, why is no one making an intake for it?

So, I thought about selling the heads there for awhile, but realized that for the money they are hard to touch, so I kept em. I do know when I build my other motor for drag radial classes, if no serious intake options are available by then, I will look into some catherdral ports. Just hoping that some stuff starts popping up
eventually more ls3/l92 rockers will become available. the super victor and vic jr. should make excellent power when they are released, the jr. is alredy becoming available.
Old 03-26-2009 | 08:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NemeSS
eventually more ls3/l92 rockers will become available. the super victor and vic jr. should make excellent power when they are released, the jr. is alredy becoming available.

Yeah, teh keyword: eventually. I would have never thought it would have taken this long for stuff to come out, ya know? I mean, I saw an ad in teh back of GMHTP, and a company advertising turn key motors for the 2010 Camaro already. Granted, I know teh motor is basically already out, bt you get my point right?
Most people (companies like Comp, Edelbrock, etc...) usually have aftermarket parts available so soon and sometimes BEFORE something is released, ya know? Either way, teh aftermarket has been SLOW in releasing stuff for the L92 heads.

Whats been going on NemeSS? Hows your ride coming? Ya ought to swing by sometime, check out my chassis I am building. I am getting ready to move the Mustang back to my shop in Alvin so I can finish it up, and move my '55 back home.

Quick Reply: 454 lsx with cnc l92 heads, intake options?