Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spotted: Holley prototype (I think?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't that tunnel ram similar to the one that Edelbrock has out? I wonder how it compares.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Isn't that tunnel ram similar to the one that Edelbrock has out? I wonder how it compares.
not really, this one looks taller just by the pic. but im not sure. this holley one also loks like its for serious street or track builds. looks very similar to a fabricated sheetmetal intake. even the sheet metal intakes are bottom and top design. i dont care that its cast aluminum. it would be nice to have a composite or cast version.
or combination of both like pictured. cast bottom composite top.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 question will it fit under our hoods? Dont look like it will.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Default Holley Development Update

To address some of the questions, concerns and suggestions above:
- The Street Warrior is dead for now. Our development partner in the project, Starr Technologies actually got the production tool completed, but could never get consistent, good quality parts out that we were comfortable selling. We were as disappointed as the LS community that this project never came to be. We are moving on and will have other new products that we are developing to light your fires.
- We considered making the EFI top out of composite, but wanted to ensure the forced induction crowd had the required strength. If there is enough interest, we may do a composite version as well for the N/A guys.
- A variety of tops are going to be available for the modular LS intake including: Dual 4150 (carb and EFI), Dual 4500 (carb and EFI), single front inlet EFI (up to 105mm), blank top (for downdraft dual 90mm DBW throttle bodies or custom multicarb setup (think streetrods)) and a top that will accept an Enderle Bugcatcher / Birdcatcher hat for the dragster / outlaw guys. We also have a billet flange and throttle body rings that can be used by the sheetmetal fabricators to build custom top plenums with dual throttle bodies, etc
- Casting tooling on the modular intake is complete (except for the EFI top), we are working on the CNC programming and plan to have intakes out prior to end of the year.
- Holley has a new commitment to the LS community and wants to deliver the parts you need. Feel free to PM me your product suggestions and comments.
- Thanks to everyone at LS1Tech that came out to the event! You guys made it a great show and we look forward to next year. It got everyone excited about the new events which means I've got a bunch of work this winter to get my 64 Chevelle ready to run in the Pro-Touring shootout...

Shane Weckerly
Director of Product Management and Engineering
Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by holley1
To address some of the questions, concerns and suggestions above:
- The Street Warrior is dead for now. Our development partner in the project, Starr Technologies actually got the production tool completed, but could never get consistent, good quality parts out that we were comfortable selling. We were as disappointed as the LS community that this project never came to be. We are moving on and will have other new products that we are developing to light your fires.
- We considered making the EFI top out of composite, but wanted to ensure the forced induction crowd had the required strength. If there is enough interest, we may do a composite version as well for the N/A guys.
- A variety of tops are going to be available for the modular LS intake including: Dual 4150 (carb and EFI), Dual 4500 (carb and EFI), single front inlet EFI (up to 105mm), blank top (for downdraft dual 90mm DBW throttle bodies or custom multicarb setup (think streetrods)) and a top that will accept an Enderle Bugcatcher / Birdcatcher hat for the dragster / outlaw guys. We also have a billet flange and throttle body rings that can be used by the sheetmetal fabricators to build custom top plenums with dual throttle bodies, etc
- Casting tooling on the modular intake is complete (except for the EFI top), we are working on the CNC programming and plan to have intakes out prior to end of the year.
- Holley has a new commitment to the LS community and wants to deliver the parts you need. Feel free to PM me your product suggestions and comments.
- Thanks to everyone at LS1Tech that came out to the event! You guys made it a great show and we look forward to next year. It got everyone excited about the new events which means I've got a bunch of work this winter to get my 64 Chevelle ready to run in the Pro-Touring shootout...

Shane Weckerly
Director of Product Management and Engineering
Can i buy one of the crappy non consistent street warriors if I dress up like a yeti and meet you at the back door at holley? I wonts tell nobodies
Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is that tunnel ram an ls7 port or cathedral?
What about a single 4150 top?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Qwiknotch
Is that tunnel ram an ls7 port or cathedral?
What about a single 4150 top?
The tunnel ram is for L92 ports. if we get enough demand, we will do a LS7 and cathedral port version.

Our new low rise dual quad intake is for the cathedral port heads.

Shane
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

The tunnel ram is for L92 ports. if we get enough demand, we will do a LS7 and cathedral port version.

Shane
Any idea on release date yet for the L92 tunnel ram??
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chriswtx
Any idea on release date yet for the L92 tunnel ram??
By end of the year. We are trying to get it done earlier, but December is the target.

Shane
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How much is enough demand? I would like to see a cathedral port tunnel ram made, but I'm guessing that's a long way out?

Shane
Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I would like the LSX7 setup with dual throttle bodies.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shane
so theres going to be a cathedral and square port tunnel ram versions? available soon?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NemeSS
so theres going to be a cathedral and square port tunnel ram versions? available soon?
Square port (L92) by year end, cathedral is possible in 2011 depending on how many guys PM me they want one!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Square port (L92) by year end, cathedral is possible in 2011 depending on how many guys PM me they want one!
it seems like the cathedral port based heads are currently the dominant version. it would be wise to have both versions imo.
ive built way more ls engines with cathedral port heads than rectangle port.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got my hat the other day, its pretty nice. My hats off to Holley and Blane for coming thru on it and being great sports and having a bit of a sense of humor about this post.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
Just got my hat the other day, its pretty nice. My hats off to Holley and Blane for coming thru on it and being great sports and having a bit of a sense of humor about this post.
Hey Mike,

Glad to hear you got your hat all the way up there in Canada!

Thanks for sharing in our sense of humor. We enjoy what we do at Holley and appreciate that you understood our original intention with the thread!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Are these intakes still on schedule to be in production relatively soon?
Old 10-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Banned

Bump for street date and MSRP!

DM
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Yeah, a ball park price estimate would be nice.

Quick Reply: Spotted: Holley prototype (I think?)