Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ignition problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition problems

I have a 95 Z 28 with an LT 1 motor I was driving and my RPM's started fluttering from 1 to 3 grand as my car started running really rough and backfiring I turn the car off and restarted it and it started find and made it home for the next day I started the car and went to leave my house and the car died and will not start it turns over fine and it has gas it is not getting any fire what could be the problem thank you for your consideration and helping me

Last edited by camarozssclone; 10-18-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 AM

somebody please help if you know anything that this might be my car is not running right now and it is due to go into the paint shop I need to get this problem fixed I would really appreciate any and all help thank you very much
Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,231 Likes on 663 Posts

You may want to ask a moderator to move your topic out of Gen IV since it refers to Gen IV engines and not F-Bodies. Down in to the LT1 section of forum for a little more exposure to members that will have more experience. That being said, the OptiSpark in LT1 cars are notorious for going bad. Your car's symptoms sound like this could be the problem and Summit offers several Optispark II Distributors for a 95 Carmaro Z28. The MSD units are a good solution to prevent future failures.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Summitracing
You may want to ask a moderator to move your topic out of Gen IV since it refers to Gen IV engines and not F-Bodies. Down in to the LT1 section of forum for a little more exposure to members that will have more experience. That being said, the OptiSpark in LT1 cars are notorious for going bad. Your car's symptoms sound like this could be the problem and Summit offers several Optispark II Distributors for a 95 Carmaro Z28. The MSD units are a good solution to prevent future failures.
Wow, are you a mod or a sponsor on here.....

Last edited by ramairws6; 10-23-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Wow, are you a mod or a sponser on here.....
We only mentioned the first part of that post so the LT-1 members would see his post and did not mean it in a scolding tone. That being said were you able to diagnose the ignition problem Camarozssclone?

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 AM

Default no fire

Originally Posted by Summitracing
We only mentioned the first part of that post so the LT-1 members would see his post and did not mean it in a scolding tone. That being said were you able to diagnose the ignition problem Camarozssclone?
I did not take it in a bad tone I appreciate any help you guys offer me no I have not got the problem fixed yet I did pull the coral and have the coil tested in the coil is good my car is turning over fine and it has feel pressure it just is not getting spark I was told by someone else that may be the office park as well I just hated getting into that because you have to pull the water pump but I guess I'm going to have to do it I say this car and rebuilt it from a wreck the guy I purchased it from use to put it in a lot of car shows as well as go to the hot rod Power course it's been in several I have the car completely redone and ready for paint all I have to fix this problem now so thanks for ur input!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM

Talking just an update

I want to thank everyone for all of your help I really appreciate it the issue on my car was the Icm shbox.com had great info on testing as well thanks again now I can put my sunset orange paint on yesssss!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by camarozssclone
I want to thank everyone for all of your help I really appreciate it the issue on my car was the Icm shbox.com had great info on testing as well thanks again now I can put my sunset orange paint on yesssss!
Glad to hear you got it figured out.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com

Quick Reply: ignition problems