Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with LS2 (GTO) connections

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 06:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with LS2 (GTO) connections

I tried hooking up all the wires and hoses to my LS2 (GTO) dropout, and found that I have no idea what I'm doing, and there are no obvious places to make most of the connections. This is a complete LS2/4L60E dropout package that I'm putting in a Nova. I need help identifying the pieces below and where they go.

In these first 3 photos, there are 4 connectors that are all part of one big leg of the wiring harness. They lead to a big round rubber thing that I think is a firewall gasket, and so I'm thinking they should be routed inside and probably connected to the computer. However, it's hard to imagine the computer needin 4 separate connectors...

This next connector is on the driver's side near the power steering pump...

And here's a few shots of a weird little guy that I can't tell if it's electrical, fluid, or air related.

The connector above is at the end of about an 18 inch hard plastic line, and it leads back to a funky looking apparatus that's wired into the harness on the passenger side...

This thing is plumbed into a hard line that is connected to the passenger head...

On the back side of the intake, there are a couple of hoses that I can't find a place for, and that I don't know what they do. This first one comes out of the intake on the passenger side, but stretches across to the driver's side. It is threaded on the end...

Last, this one seems like a vacuum connector of some sort, but I don't know where it's supposed to plug in. It's on the passenger side...

Old 06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Connections

There are three connections to the computer as in the pic. The connection on the other side of the donut should be the T42 transmission controller. The plug in pic#4 should be the cam position sensor that plugs into the front cam cover plate. The funny looking solenoid is part of the evap system. I have a Maggie so the hookup is different. Where is your intake? The bigger gray and black plug should be the line to the brake booster.
Attached Thumbnails Help with LS2 (GTO) connections-dsc00750.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dw456post
There are three connections to the computer as in the pic. The connection on the other side of the donut should be the T42 transmission controller. The plug in pic#4 should be the cam position sensor that plugs into the front cam cover plate. The funny looking solenoid is part of the evap system. I have a Maggie so the hookup is different. Where is your intake? The bigger gray and black plug should be the line to the brake booster.
Very helpful - thanks. Where would the T42 plug in - is there a separate computer for the tranny?

I snapped these photos just before installing the intake.

I'll look for where the cam sensor goes, and maybe post more photos with the intake in place.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Connections

On the 2005/06 GTO's there is a separate trans controller. Look on Amazon for T42 trans controller or PCM Performance. The latter can send you one with a stock trans program in it.
That #5 and 6 pic (fitting} should attach to the front drivers side of the intake manifold. Pic is attached. When you get it mocked up, things will make more sense.
Attached Thumbnails Help with LS2 (GTO) connections-dsc00751.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Teching In

i have a 06 gto engine 6.0 and the wire harness is still hooked uo if u need pics i also have the computer and wire harness that i dont need buying a new 1 from psi and all of the computer hook up let me know if u need them and thanks dw456post on the help u guys can hit me up if u need the parts ill let them go for a small price 954-332-8455
Old 06-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Default Some progress, still need help

OK, here's what's been positively identified so far...

Pictures #1 and #2: 3 of 4 connectors go to computer and tranny controller.
Picture #4: purple connector is for the MAF sensor
Pictures #5 and #6: "early fuel" evaporative system. However, where does it plug in?
Picture #7: "early fuel" purge valve with broken connector on left side
Picture #9: power brake booster

Still a mystery...

Picture #2: the White connector
Picture #3: blue/green/black connector. Possibly for the brakes/ABS?
Picture #4: the pure black connector - maybe for the electric fans?
Picture #8: black hose that goes to a hard line in the passenger head
Picture #10: hose that comes out of rear of manifold. Goes to???

Here's a new one. I can't find anything that plugs into the electronic gas pedal. And if I have to buy a cable for the gas pedal, I can't figure out where it would go. Does this have anything to do with the white mystery connector from Picture #2?

I'll refer to the above photo as #11.

Also, there are three connectors on the computer board. I have wires that go to two of them, but nothing fits the third (J1). Is it possible the leftmost connector is where OBD diagnostics and handheld tuners plug in...?

BTW, I do have the computer and tranny controller - I just wasn't sure what plugged into where until I started researching, asking questions, and mocking stuff up.

Thanks for all the help. Progress is slow, but I'm moving forward.

To sapp27 - yes, please post up any pictures you can get of the engine and where all the hoses and connectors go. Let me know if we need to PM or talk offline. Double thx.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

This doesn't answer all the questions, but it answers some of them. The link below has some amazingly useful info and pictures related to LS2 connections...

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/PDFFILES/ls...nessSquire.pdf
Old 06-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Yes quad hit me up ill send u pics
Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Found a couple of helpful links:

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...ng-Information

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn...spx?ItemId=848

For $145 you get most of the connectors needed to make the LS2 harness into a standalone harness. The first link provides the pinout info. I'm still unsure about the fan connections and some other things.

I don't know if I'll attempt this conversion myself, or eventually pay someone. Since the cash isn't on hand this month, I have time to think about it.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Rquad call me 954-332-8455
Old 07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you get everything sorted out?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nexvctm2001ss
Did you get everything sorted out?
Not everything. I've learned quite a bit, and I could maybe do this on my own, but I'm finding my cost to get all the parts and buy the shop manuals is really close to what it would cost to pay someone to do it. I'm leaning toward paying someone, but the jury is still out. All my budget for this month is going to non-car stuff, so I've got a few weeks to make a decision.

Quick Reply: Help with LS2 (GTO) connections