Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 T/A daily driver - Actual cost for 6.2 vs LS7 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by black00TA
Gotcha, I suspected that was the reasoning.

I quit using reman/rebuild engines in my shop because the quality control is terrible in more cases than not. And since I don't really like swapping engines, this was how I reduced the amount of comebacks from mechanical problems that were out of our control to begin with. I have less problems with factory assembled engines.

In theory new is new, but all of the sudden we have introduced new variables. I think if reliability is what you want, Less is more.
If I don't rebuild, would you advise changing any bearings while I have the crank and cam out, or just leave them alone (provided nothing obviously worn down/discolored)?
Old 09-19-2020, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1BadElky
If I don't rebuild, would you advise changing any bearings while I have the crank and cam out, or just leave them alone (provided nothing obviously worn down/discolored)?
I am not an engine builder so won't speculate on procedure with the crank, use the lingenfelter box like others have suggested.

The point in trying to drive home is, don't just "rebuild it" beyond what is necessary, because you'll end up with another engine that eats itself in a few years.

Quick Reply: 2002 T/A daily driver - Actual cost for 6.2 vs LS7 swap?