Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Weiand Street Warrior at SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also seen today FAST has a 92mm intake and TB..... 2 more mm...!!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like a nice product, ready to buy
Old 10-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedo
Ahh, will this one stick like my 90mm?

Thanks for the pics and news guys.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

I wasn't too impressed with the guys supporting Fast at the show. Didn't seem to know a thing about their own product. Now that I think of it most of the sales guys that were there to support their product were lost on simple questions we fired at them! One company or product that stood out was the ERL booth. They do custom sleeving on all the LS series motors and were very impressive! I think they really have their ducks in a row. If anyone is looking to sleeving an aluminum block I strongly suggest looking these guys up. Thanks Sean for taking the time out to answer all our questions and concerns!Traver
Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, im excited to see some people on this board start posting up numbers with it.

Chris
Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Dynojet Fan

Originally Posted by ramairws6
I wasn't too impressed with the guys supporting Fast at the show. Didn't seem to know a thing about their own product. Now that I think of it most of the sales guys that were there to support their product were lost on simple questions we fired at them! One company or product that stood out was the ERL booth. They do custom sleeving on all the LS series motors and were very impressive! I think they really have their ducks in a row. If anyone is looking to sleeving an aluminum block I strongly suggest looking these guys up. Thanks Sean for taking the time out to answer all our questions and concerns!Traver
IF im not mistaken, ERL did the resleeve on turley's camaro..... They are the ****.....
Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
Looks ten times better than a Fast.

Ill have to hold my opinions for the dyno numbers, but if it holds the price mentioned before, with those gains, Ill probably sign up
Old 10-31-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow.. Looks like I found something to buy over the FAST...

I almost bought a FAST a couple days ago, glad I didn't..
Old 11-01-2007, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedo
Mabye a lil different inside? I'll put my money on the weiand
Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

i had their first intake, which ppl said there would be a heat soak issue and i never had that issue wiht it and i could definatly feel a difference between the aluminum and regular ls1 intake, so im sure this one will be even better
Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant wait for this intake to hit the market, I can see the used section flooded with use Fast intakes. Cant wait to see Fast 90 intakes selling for 300-500 dollars all day long !
Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It will be interesting to see how well it performs compared to a FAST 90/90, or even a ported FAST.

Time will tell.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
It will be interesting to see how well it performs compared to a FAST 90/90, or even a ported FAST.

Time will tell.
I also think there will be a large crowd waiting to see how this intake matches up against the stock L76 intake. For the price mentioned, Ill take one and test it out. It cant take much to improve upon the L76 intake.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by regorih383
I cant wait for this intake to hit the market, I can see the used section flooded with use Fast intakes. Cant wait to see Fast 90 intakes selling for 300-500 dollars all day long !
Yeh, that is true.. Might be a good time to pick up a used FAST..
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramairws6
No, the Aussie actually told us the LS7 version is in development right now and should be finished by spring. The LS1/LS2 L92 version is all ready and will be going into production January. Nevermind Speedo's time frame on this, after all the 40 ounce Smirnoffs he wouldn't remember!Traver
As much info as possible on the LS7 version. WE need it....
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
Looks ten times better than a Fast.
I've been playing with a FAST for over a year now. I've gotten nice gains with it, but it's been a real PITA to work with. Dumb things like no clip for the MAP sensor, vacuum port for heater ports just a little to far away, EVAP port at a stupid angle so you can't route that with the injector harness, lousy seal at the throttle body, poor fit and finish, lousy color, way overpriced, and can somebody explain to me why the hell do they charge $100 more for a 90mm shell than a 78mm shell? Actually there is LESS material... So is the new 92mm gonna be $120 more than the 78mm. Marketers, sheesh.
---
As far as this manifold. All the above issues have been addressed AND you don't pay a penalty if you want to run a 90mm TB. I can't wait untill it's available. Even if it's dead even with the FAST it's going on my car. As stated above the quality is much better.
---
Isn't Starr the company that is distributing or doing something with the Harrop line?
---
One other thing. About 3 years ago J-Rod went to Austraila and did a nice report of what he saw there. He also told of a whole wave of great new LS1 products that might come from there...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

The 92mm Fast version has nothing else changed other then the snout to the bigger opening. To me it's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy it because "bigger is better" type of deal. Then you have to go out and buy a new throttlebody, also everything in front of it is still 90mm or smaller.....yada,yada,yada! Guys, think what 2 more mm's is!? Nothing in my book. Also they told me and Speedo that they didn't have any results for real world comparison.................come on!! What it tells me there it's little or now gain which goes back to my marketing ploy.Traver
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The only thing I can say is, we hear claims and numbers this time of year during SEMA, but then things have a tendency to just fade over time and noone hears from these products again after a few people get their hands on them. We've heard the same thing about the professional producst Typhoon for over a year now and how many people have them and are making considerably more power over an ls6? It's an honest question because I haven't read or heard of too many succesful stories or else they'd be selling them like crazy considering they are a good amount cheaper than the FAST.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even if that intake is no better than a fast 90, its effect on the market will be substantial. Forcing fast to lower their price, to a more realistic figure will be a good thing. Its hard to believe they've been the only game in town for this long.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I loved my FAST,I ported it myself but there are things wrong with it..
It works but again its $$$$

WEIAND is working with Starr and IMO it would be waste for a big company like WEIAND to bring this new intake out if they werent sure it worked...If its a flop they would loose $$$$$$ just in development and sales....

Honestly do I think it'll be better,I think it'll be as good but without having to port it which makes it a viable option when u take the cost of a ported fast ($950)...

If this is the case the FAST is doomed..
If it doesnt work out then WEIAND will have a pile of plasic intakes sitting on there shelves to the cow jumps over the moon

Again I honestly believe it will compete with a PORTED FAST,It they come in at 600 to 650 they will go off the shelves like PB&J......

JMHO....

Quick Reply: New Weiand Street Warrior at SEMA