Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Driftunit
individual throttle body manifold
Gotcha...thanks...
Old 08-14-2009, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

That Looks Soooooo Sick!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Looks pretty cool.........but $3,000...uh...not gonna sell unless you can pick up 30hp over a FAST. Throw a little extra money in and you can have an ITB intake to make 60hp over a FAST.

Originally Posted by gectek
why do you keep tryin to pimp the harrop stuff? what vested interest do you have in them? anytime someone asks about a manifold EVEN LS6 you say go with the harrop and how you have some avail. idk if you are a sponsor, but really...what is your angle. and dont just say that you are promoting them because they are a good idea. you are nutswinging EXTREMELY hard for just a person that likes them.
Hmmmm, where in that post did I say Harrop?????

I said ITB....that means any company like Kinsler...Harrop or Extrudabody as well as others.

I simply said its a nice looking intake...but isn't performance what 99.99999% of us want along with a HUGE price tag? YES...it is.

So I'm just saying why not have BOTH looks and performance.

Man, I thought that was so clear........

Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe if you scroll through your other posts about any intake on the gen III gen IV external sections you will see what i am talking about. how you say you have then available. how you always pimp them and fluff the price for people on normal intakes and deflate the price of those.

just sayin

FYI i have a full bottle of 24D and i still cannot weed through all of your posts to gather any info but buy these ITB setups please
Old 08-15-2009, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

maybe if you scroll through your other posts about any intake on the gen III gen IV external sections you will see what i am talking about. how you say you have then available. how you always pimp them and fluff the price for people on normal intakes and deflate the price of those.

just sayin

FYI i have a full bottle of 24D and i still cannot weed through all of your posts to gather any info but buy these ITB setups please
Old 08-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Here's a couple of pics lads.

Cheers,
Andy.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so just to get this straight. with the cam you have. it runs worse with the stock intake than the carbon fiber tuned intake?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nice intake !

Need more testing but looks great !

Lemme know when the final is available, as the FAST 102mm (LS7) there's really no comparisons here in the US......
Old 08-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Teching In

so just to get this straight. with the cam you have. it runs worse with the stock intake than the carbon fiber tuned intake?
Correct so far. We in process of testing and results will be posted when jamie decides that the world is ready. I was talking to him tonight and he really wants to make sure this is completely tested and reliable before he puts any real information up. Jamie has put a hell of a lot of time into designing and building this manifold and i know he wants things to be right before he puts too much out there.
I personally have great faith in this inlet as i have seen the change in character of my engine from this inlet alone.
Sorry lads for not giving too much away but that is def for jamie to do when he thinks the time is right.
Cheers,
Andy.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Launching!

Hey guys, I wasnt going to post anything, but it looks as though the thread has risen again. We were doing some testing on Andy's car to see the performance of an LS3 version with H/C mods. Unfortunately, there are some issues with the expansion rate of these engines compared to the carbon fiber. Basically the block expands and the intake doesnt. After thermal cycling, a hairline crack can occur in the bonded joints. Obviosly not ideal...

This means that the mounting bolts and connections to the intake flange are going to need modifying to allow the intake to "float"on the heads. GM have done this with the stocker by using oversize bolt holes, long bolts and thick o-rings.

Not my intention to do a "street warrior" to the forum.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by c5blkvette
Thats unlikely.. We all already know that you aren't some major company promising the world.
Its great that you are sharing with us what you are workin on... **** happens You'll work it out, you already have the answers by the sound of things.
The only way you could even be close to competing with the Street Warrior story is if you give up!
(If you do that, the_merv will send me down to kick you in the nuts!)
Keep up the great work &
cheers for the update.
I think I'd be speaking on behalf of every1 interested in your work.

BTW: what was the Shipping date for these things again?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys, I wasnt going to post anything, but it looks as though the thread has risen again. We were doing some testing on Andy's car to see the performance of an LS3 version with H/C mods. Unfortunately, there are some issues with the expansion rate of these engines compared to the carbon fiber. Basically the block expands and the intake doesnt. After thermal cycling, a hairline crack can occur in the bonded joints. Obviosly not ideal...

This means that the mounting bolts and connections to the intake flange are going to need modifying to allow the intake to "float"on the heads. GM have done this with the stocker by using oversize bolt holes, long bolts and thick o-rings.

I have a question pertaining to the thermal expansion. I plan on running a LQ4 block with L92 heads on it. Will the thermal expansion problem pertain to an all aluminum block and heads or are the heads expanding the real issue? Thanks for your post, as I do appreciate you doing the honorable thing as far as disclosing info.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Teching In

very interested in a LS3 version.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Originally Posted by rx7what
very interested in a LS3 version.

yeah! eff the ls7 theres enough manifolds for them already .. we need ls3/l92!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

whoops, old thread
Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
whoops, old thread
It has been around for a while but R&D work is time consuming to say the least...I hope that he gets it finished and on the market..it sure is a great looking intake.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That intake looks absolutely amazing!!! You seem to know exactly what to do when a problem arises also, I wish you nothing but the best in the quest for this awesome looking manifold!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Old 01-09-2010, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

I want one of these for my LS1 and would be mor then happy to pay for it and all. I think it looks pretty neat there.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Hi Jamie,

Great to read you're serious with R&D...meaning your product will be high quality!!!

Will follow updates on your progresses...

Christian

Quick Reply: LS7 Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold