Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG L92 Cam anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008 | 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

10.25 CR? What sheet metal intake? If you have a really oddball setup, it would be best to have your engine builder or head porter pick your cam.

We have honed the standard cube, L76 intake, 11:1 street cam. wild CR and unique Intake manifolds throw a monkey wrench into a fairly predictable combo.

Louis
Old 10-08-2008 | 07:47 PM
Needs to finish car

What type of power loss would we be talking about on the 91 oct crap we've got out here?

If this setup is anything like the G7X3 we've got in my Dad's LS7 '68 Camaro, I'm guessing it'll like octane, which we lack here in AZ. 100+ ambients don't help this situation either. Unfortunately, these cars generally love CR. The cam is great though, excellent driveability, and great power. I think we'll pick up a few horses with some cooler weather. On a side note, the car will be featured in Car Craft next month, so look for at least a little mention of your shop somewhere.

If I were to do this L92 setup on my LS2, what exactly would I want to do? Head gaskets, milling, etc.? My car has duals on it already, so I'd probably reuse them on the new heads.

How's the driveablity gain going a step smaller vs the loss up top?
Old 10-08-2008 | 09:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Louis
10.25 CR? What sheet metal intake? If you have a really oddball setup, it would be best to have your engine builder or head porter pick your cam.

We have honed the standard cube, L76 intake, 11:1 street cam. wild CR and unique Intake manifolds throw a monkey wrench into a fairly predictable combo.

Louis
The intake is mine. The runners are 5.25 inches long and the same area as the runner. Plenum is about 400 cubic inches. Here is a picture

I know you guys developed the cam around a stock LS3, I just wondered how you thought it would work with less compression and a better intake.

I have a custom cam now but I like to try things. LG cams are highly thought-of and I would like to try one
Old 10-08-2008 | 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice for even a dynojet. I have a 416 with L92s' milled and ported. a 232/246 cam and it made 465/440...id sure like to see this cam make 50 more with Ls2 cubes...what are they? 366?
Old 10-09-2008 | 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Hi Chris, how are you?! Mr. LS7 spy!! Its hard to say exactly how how much power you would lose from 91. I do a few 91 cals here, and they are down on average 12-16.

As for the LS2 in your car, you want a decent compression ratio- 11.2-11.6, and the gain in drivability increase would depend on the tune. What are your thoughts on what you want to do with it? Maybe send me a PM if you want to chat about your specific combo.

HotRod, looks nice! I will run some numbers, but it will definately be an experimental cam

V- LS2 is 364, Do you have any info on your current build?

Louis
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Louis

HotRod, looks nice! I will run some numbers, but it will definately be an experimental cam

Louis
Cool, I'd really appreciate it. I'm interested to see a different perspective.
Old 10-16-2008 | 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I currently own the ex-LG car that put 513 to the ground with the g6x3 cam. I will tell you, its not too much cam. Its not radical. It sounds gigantic at idle but thats all in the tune. It has amazing street characteristics and I wouldn't ever contemplate going smaller. The car is a 6 speed car too so I dont have the luxury of the stall taking up some of the cam, just a clutch. And this car H A U L S. Really friggen moves out.

To sum it up, great cam, great power, awesome driveability. I picked up the car in TX in the rain and drove it all the way to Chicago. I averaged 25 mpg at 90. I also daily drive it to work in Chicago traffic. I take a highway thats under construction and its often stop and go. I have ZERO complaints about this cam.

Quick Reply: LG L92 Cam anyone?