22.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LSX 454 Buildup???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer7088
Ron, I want to see that big 495 Warhawk you guys are almost through getting in a car! That's the crazy stuff I like! Thanks for the nice words as well.

454 is not so big after seeing that one!
Customer bought a new car for us to install the engine in since he couldnt make up his mind which one of his personal cars he wanted to use

Car arrived last Monday... 22 original mile Camaro SS... Engine should be going in sometime in February

Ill let ya know how she turns out. Should be fun
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erik @ HKE is building my 454, and like he said, cubic inches are one thing, but you need to have a goal for the car itself and build the engine accordingly. LME and Vengeance would be my next choices after HKE

Threads like this remind me of how fortunate we are as a community to have such great vendors sponsor this forum. You really can't go wrong with any of them, and the ones that ARE bad usually don't last very long.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
Erik @ HKE is building my 454, and like he said, cubic inches are one thing, but you need to have a goal for the car itself and build the engine accordingly. LME and Vengeance would be my next choices after HKE

Threads like this remind me of how fortunate we are as a community to have such great vendors sponsor this forum. You really can't go wrong with any of them, and the ones that ARE bad usually don't last very long.
Don't fall off your chair but it's coming soon. We just ordered the PR's last night
Ben has been extremely patient on this build I'm looking forward to delivering it and seeing the results. With TFS 245's on top we should see some good power.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Don't fall off your chair but it's coming soon. We just ordered the PR's last night
Ben has been extremely patient on this build I'm looking forward to delivering it and seeing the results. With TFS 245's on top we should see some good power.

we better see north of 599.9rwhp

....if not, i know who to send it back to

And to the OP, talk to Chris (99blancoSS) about a motor. he'll hook you up
Old 01-24-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
You really can't go wrong with any of them, and the ones that ARE bad usually don't last very long.
Ummm, have you been around the LS stuff for a while. There are so many bad engine shops its rediculous. And they usually last for a few years at the rate they get people for their money, THEN the ship sinks. Just because they pay monthly sponsor fee doesnt mean they know a damn about building engines. They might be able to get the bolts in the correct holes and it starts, but in my experience since '99 most cant make a hole either straight or the right depth.

Im surprised some shops make it as long as they do honestly.

That said, Erik is definitely not a sponsor that needs worried about. Teh tortoise and the hare applies to engine building apparently as well, and Erik... hes not a hare

6 speed 454 should be able to go north of 600 rwhp. Id bet money on that if Eriks putting it all together. The difference is between engine builders and people who bolt motors together.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

we're hoping for north of the 599.9 but with gears and a heavy rear no promises....LOL
Yep... this is a long block so you now it's being done right.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
The difference is between engine builders and people who bolt motors together.

i'll admit i'm a pup, but i know more than more give me credit for. i try to keep my mouth shut most of the time to keep expectations low

...and in the above quote, those are some real words of wisdom there. that's why i went with Erik. There's usually, almost always, a HUGE difference between "done right" and "done right now."
Old 01-25-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all of the input so far.

The reason I like to build up a nice engine is for longevity. Since I won't be using all of the power all of the time, it's just nice to have it there when needed for my application.

See I have always ran in the desert and now I'm switching from Drag racing and dirt bikes to off road buggies. But after living all of my life in the desert, I know what I'm looking for in an engine, it's just finding the right person who knows these inside and out.

Quick Reply: LSX 454 Buildup???????