Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ls9

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a short block is just the blcok with the internals. and long block is the block the internals and the heads. a complete motor is what it says a complete motor.

and this isnt my first rodeo. there is half a dozon sponsor to the right that will back up what i just said.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=27
EXAMPLE- if you read a short block has pistons, rods, crank, bearings,

so just shut your mouth.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

really, well hey that DOESNT look like an LS9 short block. the "short block" LS9 is exactly what i told you, so maybe you should go gain more internet cred before you try to tell me what to do.

Go build your badass "LS9" from parts you cant even get yet.

And on the rodeo, we dont want any goat ropers around here, and the billy badass dept is all full.

I know what a shortblock is, but didnt i say that GMs idea of a short block isnt what it used to be? HMM. Maybe you should read more before starting back into another rant where i prove you wrong.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Banned

One question. What parts can't I get? Evey thing from heads to pan I can buy from GM

So just wondering what you meant?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He means alot of the parts are not offered yet. Meaning they will show part number and price, but not be available. Kinda like the LSX tall deck, the LSX heads, the LSX Engines, the Weiand Street Warrior intake...you know parts like those
Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
No, it won't fit and it won't work on LS1 style heads. It's also going to be more expensive than a tried and true aftermarket system.
would be badass in my swapped 3rd gen
Old 03-12-2009, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gectek
really, well hey that DOESNT look like an LS9 short block. the "short block" LS9 is exactly what i told you, so maybe you should go gain more internet cred before you try to tell me what to do.

And on the rodeo, we dont want any goat ropers around here, and the billy badass dept is all full.

I know what a shortblock is, but didnt i say that GMs idea of a short block isnt what it used to be? HMM. Maybe you should read more before starting back into another rant where i prove you wrong.
If you'd drop the Billy Badass internet tough guy approach and maybe add a link or two, the rest of us might be more impressed.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gectek

also your right, that doesnt look like a ls9. but i said example. i never said it was a ls9.

and if i can get the parts right now or not. the internals add up to around 6K. and i can find **** tons of heads for 1500. go the tsp web site. ported and upgraded ls3 heads for 1500. and yes i did say ls3. but ls3 and ls9 heads are same thing.

but when you get part me a list of parts that i cant get. then ok. but till then lets get back to the subject at head.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa
If you'd drop the Billy Badass internet tough guy approach and maybe add a link or two, the rest of us might be more impressed.
Wow, that was extremely original. You do realize it is kinda hard to link a phone conversation right now, but ill make sure to phone up big brother and ask for a text version of my convo with my nearest GM dealer. I guess what im trying to say is, if you want a link, search the pn...comes up dry huh? Maybe because it still has not been released. So maybe then you can kiss my internet tough guy billy bad ***. Im not out to impress, im here to inform and call out people on the BS

The subject at hand was the LS9, not some short block you can build on a budget less than an LS9. Or a long block for that matter.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered some parts from Andy, he got me all the parts that i needed, at GREAT prices, and accommodated all the changes that I had to make for my order. Really nice guy to buy from, and got my stuff shipped QUICKLY at a FAIR price! He will also track down any replacement parts that you need if you can't find them!

Thanks Andy!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Adrian, I appreciate it man.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

dutchman. will the new tvs 2300 work on the l76 motor in the g8?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so back form the dead. did anyone find out the lsa on the ls9 CAM

Quick Reply: Ls9