Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

418/427 ls3 Build Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marksboy7
Thats one of the reasons I was asking about oil pans. I read somewhere that with the ls1 pan you didn't need a high volume oil pump. I'm guessing the volume of the oil pan must not be too significant since I haven't heard much discussion on them.
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. Also, I asked my engine builder about it (Erik Koenig) and he didn't indicate the bigger pan was necessary - but to stick with the low volume spring on the Melling.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by General Jack
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. Also, I asked my engine builder about it (Erik Koenig) and he didn't indicate the bigger pan was necessary - but to stick with the low volume spring on the Melling.
That sounds good enough for me. Thanks General Jack, seems like your about the only one helping on this thing lol. How's yours running now?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marksboy7
That sounds good enough for me. Thanks General Jack, seems like your about the only one helping on this thing lol. How's yours running now?
Mine currently is not running. During the dyno tuning, the car died and wouldn't restart. I haven't had a chance to fully diagnose the problem, but I believe its a ground / melted crank sensor wire - if so, it won't be hard to fix.

Car was running good though. Put down 528 rwhp on mail order tune at a pig rich 10:1 AFR, so I think my goal of 575 rwhp is within reach.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

OP-i have been reading your thread. good luck with everything. sorry i have not been able to contribute, but i am rooting for you. lol

i just finished my ls3 418, one of the reasons i have been following your thread, and other similar ones. install is not going to happen until mid september. what cam size are you leaning towards lately?

General-congrats on the power so far, and sorry you have a small glitch. keep us posted
Old 08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jegten
OP-i have been reading your thread. good luck with everything. sorry i have not been able to contribute, but i am rooting for you. lol

i just finished my ls3 418, one of the reasons i have been following your thread, and other similar ones. install is not going to happen until mid september. what cam size are you leaning towards lately?

General-congrats on the power so far, and sorry you have a small glitch. keep us posted
Thats a good question. I'm wanting to go pretty big for the cam. I couldn't even come close to guessing around the size that would suit me. Thats why I'm going to get Patrick G to spec one for sooner or later.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Ordered the morel lifters with link bars today. It's been awhile since I've gotten to buy anything for this build because I've been being cautious with the spending. Things at work haven't been good and we've recently had budget cuts that meant the letting go of all the contractors (which includes me) in our design dept. But thankfully they asked around to other depts to see if they could use any of us and found us jobs. So the project doesn't have to go on hold like I was thinking it was fixin to have to.

Quick Reply: 418/427 ls3 Build Help