Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

schwanke engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noyz1
I'm trying to find the right short block for under $4500.
I may be able to get you hooked up. PM me your number and I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Jeremy
Old 09-29-2009, 11:49 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
Are these people on the board? Let's hear it directly from them and their experience, good or bad. These boards are suppossed to help each other out, and by saying "I got a friend" who had a bad experience, but no details is pretty weak. If you are going to make statements, then please provide details, names, photos, etc.

There is no one business who will ever make 100% of their customers happy, no matter what they do. And yes, sometimes shops screw up, it is how they handle their mistakes that "make or break" them in terms of a good shop. If they have been in business 20 something years, they must make MOST people happy, right?

Please note, that I am very interested to hear more, as I am a potential customer.
That kind of thing would be better discussed through pm's or on hardcorels1.com, because this board is notorius for "censoring" anyone who "bashes" the sponsors, whether there is truth to it or it's just blatant libel. They just protect their interests here, that's all.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

KCS I think you'd find that that is not as much the case.

Anyone have any real life experience running one of their shorty's? Preferably someone who's put 5,000 miles on one?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
KCS I think you'd find that that is not as much the case.
I'm just going by what I've seen.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm just going by what I've seen.
I would have to agree with this and that is why I won't say anymore then I said. Just trying to save some fellow hobbiest's some hard earned cash...................I know I would like to be warned!? Just take it for what its worth and if you feel like going against my help I don't mind, just remember all this when your having issues down the road. I do know the said shop has what you call a tailight waranty...............once he can't see your tailights anymore they're in the clear.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by KCS
That kind of thing would be better discussed through pm's or on hardcorels1.com, because this board is notorius for "censoring" anyone who "bashes" the sponsors, whether there is truth to it or it's just blatant libel. They just protect their interests here, that's all.

That is the truth...

I had MAJOR issues with my 9" (along with well over a dozen other people) from a sponsor on here and got screwed over by him, basically no help from anyone. All my threads got deleted on the subject as well so people couldn't find/search anything "bad" about a paying sponsor. Some sponsors on here do no wrong...

I had to pay a local guy $600 to redo my 9" so it didn't make anymore loud noises.

I probably said too much and will probably get in trouble for posting this BUT I didn't name any names so I should be OK...
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Well, I just wanted to be able to make my own decisions on who I used.... but I wanted to be able to do that based off of good AND bad reviews.

So like ProStock John asked.... does anyone have any real experience with these shortblocks with say over 5k miles or even anything close to that?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 stage- 100 shot out the hole- progressive 200 down track
Why limit it? If your going to start with that you will want more.

The 20 cubes your going to give up can be made up with more jet easily and then some .... and it wont blow up with some little bullsht N20 shot.

Just some advice from someone who has a few bottles thru an LS motor.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Why limit it? If your going to start with that you will want more.

The 20 cubes your going to give up can be made up with more jet easily and then some .... and it wont blow up with some little bullsht N20 shot.

Just some advice from someone who has a few bottles thru an LS motor.
not limiting it- just a realist. 4000lb car, very limited tire room( 275 max). I have both a nitrous outlet plate & port to port fogger w/stand alone fuel system- could put out 700hp of nitrous alone- but abosutely not hope at traction- so why do it?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Your in the carolinas's there has to hundreds of machine shops near you. at least to the north. Any machine shop could put together a short block for you i would say. price out the parts you want and just call someone local. the difference in price would make up for the shipping. I have never used them but there is no rocket science behind the iron block.

the price is right that is for sure. I had AES do my 408 with l92's and i was in the neighborhood of 9k.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

As far as a warranty.... is there such a thing on a performance engine... establish a good relationship with them so when you blow it up they wont ding you so bad....
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not limiting it- just a realist. 4000lb car, very limited tire room( 275 max). I have both a nitrous outlet plate & port to port fogger w/stand alone fuel system- could put out 700hp of nitrous alone- but abosutely not hope at traction- so why do it?
You would be limiting it by building a 427 with a OEM block.

With a progressor, a 275 DR and 2 stages we could have 400 in by 1 second or less.

Good luck.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
Well, I just wanted to be able to make my own decisions on who I used.... but I wanted to be able to do that based off of good AND bad reviews.

So like ProStock John asked.... does anyone have any real experience with these shortblocks with say over 5k miles or even anything close to that?
Good luck finding a engine from them thats been together 5,000 miles...................seriously.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

great guys over at schwanke, i purchased all the parts for my stroker short block from them, 4000 miles and its running great,
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jay_lt4
great guys over at schwanke, i purchased all the parts for my stroker short block from them, 4000 miles and its running great,
There ya go! You just found your one happy customer.......................
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Going to chime in and say, where is Ramairws6 from, Mn. Where is schwanke located,Mn. Just because someone hasnt posted on LS1tech that they are good shop or not doesn't mean anything. If he knows people that had issues, I certainly would believe him because thats where is from. What I am saying is not everyone goes on the internet, not everyone knows about ls1tech, and not everyone runs a LSx block.

Like he said if you want to take his advice and stay away and save some hard earned cash then great, and if not then good luck.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I Guess I will step in and say when were all of these offenses and of what value are you adding to this conversation without details.
What is it that you do for a living? I would like to know if you may have ever made a mistake or had something fail?
Furthermore, we are very fair about replacing stuff if it is broken. Most times, there are two sides to a story and the only one that ever gets remembered is the bad side.
I know a few years ago, before we were tuning in house, there were a couple of guys that came through and though it was a joke.
Well, let me tell you, we are as far from that place now. What you have to remember is up until 3 years ago, there was no in house tuning. There were sealed engines going out that all had the same parts in them and needed 1 calibration.
Now, I am tuning anything from stock trucks to 1000 HP twin turbo 427's.

I really think it is hard for someone to judge whether they should buy something from a company based on 1 or two bad experiences.

I pride myself on my integrity and if you have an issue with me, by all means, I would like to know about it. But don't be coming on here telling customers stuff that isn't even relevant to the conversation.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^agree.

I have personally seen a LPE powered N/A car that had blown up and was getting warranty work done at a shop in Orlando, like a year old. Same shop had a N/A Katech stroker engine powered Camaro sitting there that also either came apart or a bearing or something went and it was a couple months old. As well as a car with head component trouble.

Never heard anything bad about Schwanke, just what the one poster here said. blah, blah.

That said, if I was buying an N/A engine from any shop....I wouldn't do it without at least a 2 yr/24,000 mile full warranty. As long as they build it and tune it, and I don't do any performance changes after that....no reason why that can't be offered. Or at the very least 18 mon/18,000 mile full warranty.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
^^^agree.

I have personally seen a LPE powered N/A car that had blown up and was getting warranty work done at a shop in Orlando, like a year old. Same shop had a N/A Katech stroker engine powered Camaro sitting there that also either came apart or a bearing or something went and it was a couple months old. As well as a car with head component trouble.

Never heard anything bad about Schwanke, just what the one poster here said. blah, blah.

That said, if I was buying an N/A engine from any shop....I wouldn't do it without at least a 2 yr/24,000 mile full warranty. As long as they build it and tune it, and I don't do any performance changes after that....no reason why that can't be offered. Or at the very least 18 mon/18,000 mile full warranty.

Thanks,
The only way a warranty could ever be established is a complete build, install and tune. And even then it is goin gto be up to the engine builder how it was damaged.
The only warranty I have found on shortblocks or components is the one offered by Eagle with the Armor coating. I recommend doing it just for that fact, let alone the fact that it could free up power.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

i have a friend that shipped his car for a stroker build w/procharger to a sponser on this board. after 3000 miles engine had to be rebuilt because of shitty job done by this shop. engine had cold knock ever since it was new. builder said it was normal. when engine was torn down & mic'ed spec's were way out. the owner will not post up what happen because members on this board think that shop is "GOD". He spent over $10k with them & 3000 miles later had to have it redone by someone else. Everone makes mistakes, but good people make it right in the end.

Quick Reply: schwanke engines