Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

schwanke engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by noyz1
i have a friend that shipped his car for a stroker build w/procharger to a sponser on this board. after 3000 miles engine had to be rebuilt because of shitty job done by this shop. engine had cold knock ever since it was new. builder said it was normal. when engine was torn down & mic'ed spec's were way out. the owner will not post up what happen because members on this board think that shop is "GOD". He spent over $10k with them & 3000 miles later had to have it redone by someone else. Everone makes mistakes, but good people make it right in the end.
Well, he should post up any information he can about his experience, whether its a sponsor or not. Then the shop can come in and talk about it. Its the best way to get things settled. If a shop tells a customer "too bad, you're on your own" and nobody here's about the FACTS...what good does that do for the next customer? Nothing.

Any shop/builder that tells you they "never" mess up or have never messed up...they're full of **** and you should run like the wind and never use them.

Like I posted above...LPE, Katech...alot of people think they're the best. They're not...they're just another builder. I have seen their engine/heads take ***** just months into running them. It happens to everyone. The shop you want to use is the one that doesn't blow you off when you do have a problem early on and then they try to tell you its your fault. Sometimes its tough to tell what "exactly" happened to an engine...but its not hard to tell if something just failed prematurely or if it was a bad assembly. I mean, if an engine is torn down and they find a burnt main bearing....typically a shop will say, "you caused it by running low on oil." Yeah right.....like we're gonna run our brand new engines low on oil. If you spray an engine and it melts a piston and you cry to the builder....typically they will say, "well, we don't warranty nitrous and you sprayed it and it wasn't tuned right". The shop would be correct and in the right to not do anything for you.

There was a good thread here last year about a guy that used a shop in NJ (forgot which) and was crying about it failing. Turned out to NOT be the build. But it went round and round here till the facts were laid out.

It works both ways to tell a story of an experience with a shop. I think it makes shops/builders better, especially on the customer service end.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS6.... this is what I was saying. These forums should be used to get things out in the open. Not to sweep them under the rug because they are a site sponsor. I actually was siding with Schwanke on this because too many times people come on these type boards and tell about "friends" who have had issues. If you have specific issues, let's discuss them.... I'm sure Schwanke would like to be able to defend themselves or at leat tell their side.

I understand (as a business owner), you can't make everyone happy. I can also tell you that most of the time (not ALL the time) it has to do with the tune. But a crappy engine builder will not stay in business long at all.

I do agree even the best shops out there make mistakes, but it is how they handle it is what makes them great and keeps customers coming back.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
LS6.... this is what I was saying. These forums should be used to get things out in the open. Not to sweep them under the rug because they are a site sponsor. I actually was siding with Schwanke on this because too many times people come on these type boards and tell about "friends" who have had issues. If you have specific issues, let's discuss them.... I'm sure Schwanke would like to be able to defend themselves or at leat tell their side.
Oh yeah, I got ya! I agree.

I understand (as a business owner), you can't make everyone happy. I can also tell you that most of the time (not ALL the time) it has to do with the tune. But a crappy engine builder will not stay in business long at all.
Yup, I've told that to a bunch of people. The most perfectly built engine may not even make it off the dyno or last 5 miles if the tune is shitty.

Thats why Mark (Schwanke) said it best and its what all engine builders should do or they'll be fixing things that they did not cause: If a builder builds it and tunes it...then they'll stand behind it if it fails and most likely be able to work out some kind of warranty. (depending on the build) I wouldn't expect a warranty on a race gas 13.5:1 solid roller all out drag motor. But any normal street stroker engine..should get something. And again...the builder needs to look at it and determine what happened. The honor system I guess.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned

This will probably turn out to be a great thread for Schwanke....nobody has any negative stories.

If a builder in California does it all right....it makes builders in Florida better...then those builders make the builders in Indiana better...and so on.....

Competition weeds out the slackers. Customers win and the good builders make all the money.

The American Way.....

Hopefully we never have anyone that tries to kill that great concept in this country......

Old 10-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS6427
Well, he should post up any information he can about his experience, whether its a sponsor or not. Then the shop can come in and talk about it. Its the best way to get things settled. If a shop tells a customer "too bad, you're on your own" and nobody here's about the FACTS...what good does that do for the next customer? Nothing.

Any shop/builder that tells you they "never" mess up or have never messed up...they're full of **** and you should run like the wind and never use them.

Like I posted above...LPE, Katech...alot of people think they're the best. They're not...they're just another builder. I have seen their engine/heads take ***** just months into running them. It happens to everyone. The shop you want to use is the one that doesn't blow you off when you do have a problem early on and then they try to tell you its your fault. Sometimes its tough to tell what "exactly" happened to an engine...but its not hard to tell if something just failed prematurely or if it was a bad assembly. I mean, if an engine is torn down and they find a burnt main bearing....typically a shop will say, "you caused it by running low on oil." Yeah right.....like we're gonna run our brand new engines low on oil. If you spray an engine and it melts a piston and you cry to the builder....typically they will say, "well, we don't warranty nitrous and you sprayed it and it wasn't tuned right". The shop would be correct and in the right to not do anything for you.

There was a good thread here last year about a guy that used a shop in NJ (forgot which) and was crying about it failing. Turned out to NOT be the build. But it went round and round here till the facts were laid out.

It works both ways to tell a story of an experience with a shop. I think it makes shops/builders better, especially on the customer service end.

I agree & have tried to convince him to post it up, but he refuses to. the said shop did the entire build & tune. the only thing they offered was to sell him parts at a discount. they took no responsibility.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Well, when people refuse to give details, it usually means they have some sort of fault in the deal and it also reduces the credibility of the complaint. But that's cool, this is America and he has the right to say or NOT say whatever he wants.

Yeah this will be a good thread for Schwanke for sure.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
That kind of thing would be better discussed through pm's or on hardcorels1.com, because this board is notorius for "censoring" anyone who "bashes" the sponsors, whether there is truth to it or it's just blatant libel. They just protect their interests here, that's all.
Hardcore isnt a safe haven of information so dont get carried away with that. You have a few parties over there who promote their own self interests just like here... so facts are not all that gets tossed around over there
Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by noyz1
I agree & have tried to convince him to post it up, but he refuses to. the said shop did the entire build & tune. the only thing they offered was to sell him parts at a discount. they took no responsibility.
Ya it was pretty sad how the well respected shop did him.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Hardcore isnt a safe haven of information so dont get carried away with that. You have a few parties over there who promote their own self interests just like here... so facts are not all that gets tossed around over there
Yeah, no joke. Everyone is out to make a buck. I don't get on hardcore often, because it's almost always the same guys battling it out, and I know you know who I'm talking about, but it doesn't seem like anything gets swept under the rug, whether it's the good, bad, or ugly. It's all out in the open there for who to decide who's full of ****, and who isn't.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Ya, I can see where your all coming from other then the fact that one of the deals I am speaking of the engine hadn't even been run yet! This person doesn't even post on this board and has no user name but we'll have to change that since everyone is calling bullshit!? That's ok, at least when he gets on here he can take care of this in the sponsor feedback section also.............this should stir the pot I'm sure??
Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Ya, I can see where your all coming from other then the fact that one of the deals I am speaking of the engine hadn't even been run yet! This person doesn't even post on this and has no user name but we'll have to change that since everyone is calling bullshit!? That's ok, at least when he gets on here he can take care of this in the sponsor feedback section.............this should stir the pot I'm sure??
Hey, if you could pm me, I'd love to hear all about it.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Ya, I can see where your all coming from other then the fact that one of the deals I am speaking of the engine hadn't even been run yet! This person doesn't even post on this board and has no user name but we'll have to change that since everyone is calling bullshit!? That's ok, at least when he gets on here he can take care of this in the sponsor feedback section also.............this should stir the pot I'm sure??
Me Too
Old 10-01-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
Me Too
your telling me you don't remember this guy's uncle's brother's cousin's nephew's niece lol

Sorry had to do it
Old 10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
KCS I think you'd find that that is not as much the case.

Anyone have any real life experience running one of their shorty's? Preferably someone who's put 5,000 miles on one?
You know I'd really love to hear from someone who's run a shortblock of theirs past 5,000 miles also. It'd be very interesting to see how it runs. Does it have oil consumtion issues? Good oil pressure? How's the power output and such and overall are you happy with the product. I would be open about it but with all the negativity that surrounds that place I highly doubt we'll be hearing from anyone like that. I run with a circle of guys that run 8's, 9's, and 10 second cars in the 1/4 and go racing every other weekend..................and they've known for years to stay away from the said shop. Just the nature of the beast in this area because of the history. Like the saying goes, you'll only bend over once!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls 2 goat
Ya it was pretty sad how the well respected shop did him.
yes it is & I know that you know the whole story- It's pretty sad
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
9 Second Club

"Quote" yeah you can get some sweet -8 pistons and a messed up motor..I had a friend get a shortblock thru you guys and he had to take it to Rippie and had to fix a bunch of **** you guys messed up on..Schwanke, you guys know Chuck Hauser? Yeah thought so..Anyone thinking about buying a motor from these guys call 507-766-1984, he can fill you in on what kind of parts and service these guys offer..Again the guys name is Chuck Hauser and he bought a stroked LS7 for a Chevelle, big mistake.
OUCH...................................
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Launching!

I know Ramair, I rock!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...l#post12309883
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

ramairws6,

I would like to say thank you for bringing more people over to look through these posts. I appriciate all the hard work you are doing for us.

And 95Lwind05, how old are you? Telling us you "rock" really validates your opinions.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned

Like I said.......good thread for Schwanke..........

Old 10-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
ramairws6,

I would like to say thank you for bringing more people over to look through these posts. I appriciate all the hard work you are doing for us.

And 95Lwind05, how old are you? Telling us you "rock" really validates your opinions.
I wasnt telling you I rock, I was telling ramair.. You not having a solution and saying you guys couldnt have messed up chucks motor makes alot of sence too..I mean accidents happen, but a good business would make it right. Not say Im sorry you had a bad experiance.

Quick Reply: schwanke engines