Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 Pontiac Solstice bolt on questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Headers may be a problem in an engine bay that tight, but not a problem that couldn't be gotten around. I'd start with an x-pipe(offroad or catted depending on emissions laws in your state) and a tune. It looks like your intake set-up aside from the manifold is already pretty much optimized for the power you want to make. An UDP kit wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was tune by g-force in houston, actaully pearland. I went with them because they were highly recommended.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

very nice build. funny, i like the line of the solstice, and thought it would be fun to put an ls3 in there! well done! enjoy and congrats!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Headers may be a problem in an engine bay that tight, but not a problem that couldn't be gotten around. I'd start with an x-pipe(offroad or catted depending on emissions laws in your state) and a tune. It looks like your intake set-up aside from the manifold is already pretty much optimized for the power you want to make. An UDP kit wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Werks has done headers on these before, its an all custom job and Im not sure what diameter they recommend. Im sure it just depends on what your eventual plans for HP are.

I dont think I have the ground clearance for an x pipe. The exhaust is tucked up as much as possible and I still have to be carefull going over speed bumps and such. Its a 2.5in true dual exhaust with high flow cats. Other than going larger in diameter I dont think there is much room for improvement there.

Quick Reply: LS3 Pontiac Solstice bolt on questions