Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

my ls3 h/c combo added twin turbo on my ls2 c6 z51 vette build list

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh ok I thought you said it was an 05 my bad.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why you guys hating on the OP? Geesh, tough crowd in here
Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Burrhos
Why you guys hating on the OP? Geesh, tough crowd in here
Because I think he's a nimrod.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Justin... Awhile ago I joined an local forum rwhp.us.. I posted my build and rank in the military and then they started ranting on me. First stating daddy bought it, I had to go into detail of everything with this car. After about 260 posts of ranting from all those guys on the fourms. cookiemonster is one of the top dogs of that site made a deal with me... If there was anything he could find me lieing about he would perm ban me but first let me have a chance to explain it.. Well he couldn't find anything so another top member perm ban me.. This was about 6-7months ago.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

I don't understand I guess. We're all enthusiasts of the same thing--why such hostility?
Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

No hate from me, I just dont see the point in doing the of the thing the OP did. The biggest one is buying a totalled car. Even if it is fine to drive and looks good you still have a worthless car if you try to sell it someday and most people dont even want to look at a salvage car.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Ya, that's understandable and I agree. I would personally never buy a salvaged car but thankfully the OP fights for our freedoms which include the opportunity to make decisions like that.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I originally bought the car from the dealership with 17k miles.. Within 2 weeks of buying it I managed to wreck it.. Yes I know...I was young and dumb and only been home for 3weeks from a tour to Afghanistan.. After I "totaled it" they paid of my loan and gap took care of the rest..Well for giggles I asked the insurance company how much I can purchase the car back from them and they told me a mere 6,600$... I was like hmm why not because at the time the car was only 3 years old and I could part it out and make some cash out of the ordeal.. Well they dropped it off at my dadds friends shop.. After the ol man tore into it he gave me a call.. Told me everything that will need to be replaced and his buddy can hook me up.. His buddy off the bat he wanted to buy my car for 13k. I told him no and he still hooked me up with parts.. so we did... Truth is I'm glad everything went the way it did.. I wouldn't had this car longer then 8 months because car +insurance was about 900$/month for a 20yold.. Even with the 13.5k$ down payment.. Car been payed for before I could make my first payment and I am far pleased with it.. I have seen salvage cars sell quite often. I would part it out and make more cash that way.. But I have no need to because once again.. It's been paid for and every 1$ I put in it is a upgrade.. I love seeing clueless faces of higher ranking people in the military.. How did you afford that thing? Well sir, smart investing. No need to brag about a salvage car but it's a great car regardless of title
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

So if it was wrecked so bad they totalled it, what all need fixed? Was the frame fucked?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

No here's a list all the parts they claimed, FR, head lamp, inner fender,outer fender,front bumper, A-arm, wheel/tire, suspension, brake set up,Door shell,wiring harness, hood, And a lot of little things..The brake set up was fine but they wanted a new just because the wheel knuckle broke.. Parts came up to about 13g labor was about 9g For brand new items.. Oem brand new parts aren't cheap at all for this car..The impact of the car was so weak the air bags didn't deploy.. The way it clipped the guardrail edge it snapped the a-arm and that broke off doing heavy damage to my inner fender and then wedge between the door and guardrail.. I watched it and it seemed like slow motion. The computer was ripped out damaging 2 plug lockers but it still works fine.. My dad rewired a lot of broken wires.. Other then that.. A lot of hours logged in on reconstruction and here she is today. Silly insurance company.. You don't need to drop the entire drive train and replace the entire wiring harness for 3 plugs..If you do a little research.. It don't take much to total the c6 vette
Old 04-12-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Imstock2
No here's a list all the parts they claimed, FR, head lamp, inner fender,outer fender,front bumper, A-arm, wheel/tire, suspension, brake set up,Door shell,wiring harness, hood, And a lot of little things..The brake set up was fine but they wanted a new just because the wheel knuckle broke.. Parts came up to about 13g labor was about 9g For brand new items.. Oem brand new parts aren't cheap at all for this car..The impact of the car was so weak the air bags didn't deploy.. The way it clipped the guardrail edge it snapped the a-arm and that broke off doing heavy damage to my inner fender and then wedge between the door and guardrail.. I watched it and it seemed like slow motion. The computer was ripped out damaging 2 plug lockers but it still works fine.. My dad rewired a lot of broken wires.. Other then that.. A lot of hours logged in on reconstruction and here she is today. Silly insurance company.. You don't need to drop the entire drive train and replace the entire wiring harness for 3 plugs..If you do a little research.. It don't take much to total the c6 vette
I suppose that is why you see so many drivetrains on ebay. Shoulda bought a mustang if you cant handle it.

Last edited by 1badeagle; 04-13-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
I originally bought the car from the dealership with 17k miles.. Within 2 weeks of buying it I managed to wreck it.. Yes I know...I was young and dumb and only been home for 3weeks from a tour to Afghanistan.. After I "totaled it" they paid of my loan and gap took care of the rest..Well for giggles I asked the insurance company how much I can purchase the car back from them and they told me a mere 6,600$... I was like hmm why not because at the time the car was only 3 years old and I could part it out and make some cash out of the ordeal.. Well they dropped it off at my dadds friends shop.. After the ol man tore into it he gave me a call.. Told me everything that will need to be replaced and his buddy can hook me up.. His buddy off the bat he wanted to buy my car for 13k. I told him no and he still hooked me up with parts.. so we did... Truth is I'm glad everything went the way it did.. I wouldn't had this car longer then 8 months because car +insurance was about 900$/month for a 20yold.. Even with the 13.5k$ down payment.. Car been payed for before I could make my first payment and I am far pleased with it.. I have seen salvage cars sell quite often. I would part it out and make more cash that way.. But I have no need to because once again.. It's been paid for and every 1$ I put in it is a upgrade.. I love seeing clueless faces of higher ranking people in the military.. How did you afford that thing? Well sir, smart investing. No need to brag about a salvage car but it's a great car regardless of title
Or stupid driving?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Everyone makes mistakes. At least the OP is honest enough to admit it, learn from them, and continue to enjoy the car.

Hell, if I had a Corvette when I was 20 years old, I'd probably be stupid and wreck it too. Even at the ripe old age of 29, I'm still maturing and find myself doing 'not-so-smart' things.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
Or stupid driving?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I could of never told anything about the car and they would never known.. I'm an honest man though. If you have time for the story I would tell you about it.. Some guys think it's issuance fraud.. Funny thing is, my year,model had a recall on them. Justin you should know about that from cf. I could of easily used that to my advantange anyhow. Sure glad I didn't because that means I wouldn't have near the stuff I have now.. Yea before I bought this car I was in a debate between 08 cobra or the 10 camaro ss.. This was when there was only 3 of them and you had to special order m6's.. I drove the cobra and seen about 30+ mustangs just from driving around. Was a great car but it would get old explaining how mine is not just a mustang.. The camaro was auto so off the bat I didn't care for it.. I gave thought about ordering the stick but good thing I didn't.. I would of been one of the first m6 ss in Jacksonville but within 4 months they spreaded and got riced about the same level of a lot stangs here.. When I drove the vette that was it. That short time on base I was the only c6 and it felt great.. Even now it's a rare car to see on base. There's maybe 2 or 3 others in this area that has more then bolt on's and I'm sure I'm the only one that's paid off.. And no mine isn't the only salvage. There was an atomic orange one that sold for 22K$ a few months ago. I haven't seen it in a while though
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Ya man, tell me the story. I'd love to hear it. I love the new camaros but can't get over how heavy they are. I actually had a 2012 Mustang GT on order before I found my vette. It was a 1 owner with 14k miles and I actually got it for about 2k less than the mustang so it made the decision a no-brainer.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Already told you about this vette history with me lol.. I was referring anybody in general. Mustangs in a military town overwhelm every car.. There's about 3 stangs to every avererage Eco car
Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Oh I thought there was more to the story that I hadn't already heard
Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's about it bub.. back from a deployment young and dumb.. bought a vette,wrecked it, fixed it, and now own it... O cajun said I will have my diff within 2.5 weeks... all my other parts should have before next weekend. I'm buying a B&m short shifter from a local tommorow for 125$. Still looking for tires but not to worried about them yet since I have a little wait. I also found a new clutch that needs rebuilt in my price range.. >800$ after it get's rebuilt.. after a clutch then meth... and finally nitrous
Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Very nice. Mine is supposed to ship today. That reminds me, I need to email him to confirm

Quick Reply: my ls3 h/c combo added twin turbo on my ls2 c6 z51 vette build list