Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Why so much timing with my Blown LS3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
GT9 cam works great. Given the number of profiles available for the LS platform, all profiles can be considered "off the shelf".

But it would take an incredibly bad profile to no produce results in an LS. The GT9 is a good camshaft and has been proven in different engines. I'm certainly very pleased with it in mine.
It idles super smooth, it revs and makes good power.

Maybe try a different tuner, and as said, verify 100% the timing you think you have, you are actually seeing at the plug.
the GT9 is no doubt a great cam and i didnt mean it any other way than that its not the right cam for my setup. I have an LPE built engine and its no doubt quality built.
Ive made a lot of changes and now i feel this cam isnt the correct one for my goals. I dont know if the cam is part of the reason for the engine taking so much timing, but its worth a try to put a specific built one in it along with heads.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by se7en82
the GT9 is no doubt a great cam and i didnt mean it any other way than that its not the right cam for my setup. I have an LPE built engine and its no doubt quality built.
Ive made a lot of changes and now i feel this cam isnt the correct one for my goals. I dont know if the cam is part of the reason for the engine taking so much timing, but its worth a try to put a specific built one in it along with heads.
I would verify what you are seeing is correct before making any major changes.

Of course you have mentioned timing. But havent stated engine size, boost, compression ratio etc etc.
So I guess to suggest timing is too high without any actual facts, is meaningless at this time
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I believe this car runs the GT9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGTysM8-Nm4

I really doubt the camshaft is a problem unless it has not been installed correctly.
I would not run that LSA on a blown deal like his.

Quick Reply: Why so much timing with my Blown LS3?