Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Adjustable Stud mount rocker arms for the Ls7.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adjustable Stud mount rocker arms for the Ls7.

I always liked the Ls7 head but hated the fact that if you were to wanna go solid you would have to purchase a expensive shaft mounted rocker system...Well guy's here you go.

Price: $761.95

Manufacturer: Harland Sharp
Part Number: SLS78A
SDPC Part Number: HSRSLS78A

Aluminum Roller Rocker Arm GM LS7 1.8 Ratio Shaft Mount Set - 16/pkg Harland Sharp SLS78A

NEW from Harland Sharp: LS7 aluminum roller rocker system. This rocker system installs like the stock rockers by bolting them to the aluminum cradle stand. This means you don’t have to remove your heads for machine work. It’s a fully adjustable rocker that will require shorter length pushrods and a valve cover spacer for proper installation
Old 02-03-2015, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad better valvetrain options are starting to come out for these heads...
Old 02-03-2015, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

I just used the comp pro magnum ls3 rocker arms on my ls7 heads.... but I had to machine the heads.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:13 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by lil john
I always liked the Ls7 head but hated the fact that if you were to wanna go solid you would have to purchase a expensive shaft mounted rocker system...Well guy's here you go.

Aluminum Roller Rocker Arm GM LS7 1.8 Ratio Shaft Mount Set - 16/pkg Harland Sharp SLS78A

NEW from Harland Sharp: LS7 aluminum roller rocker system. This rocker system installs like the stock rockers by bolting them to the aluminum cradle stand. This means you don’t have to remove your heads for machine work. It’s a fully adjustable rocker that will require shorter length pushrods and a valve cover spacer for proper installation
Oh yeah, I'd love to see the valvetrain geometry with those and a cam with over .700" of valve lift, LMFAO.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

I think SAM used these same ones on there LS build for EMC. I'll check.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Banned

They did KCS with .850 lift but they can make anything work.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:21 PM
KCS

They did KCS with .850 lift but they can make anything work.
They didn't bolt them to the cast pedestal, I know that much. Last I saw, they were CNC machining their own pedestals and trunions.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Banned

Correct.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:44 PM
KCS

Correct.
Exactly, so they were able to adjust the rocker height whereas if you try to do that on the cast pedestals of the LS7 head, you're gonna get some funky geometry.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Banned

I've never seen the stock rocker used or the pedestals(only in photo's) only shaft mounted rockers on Ls7 heads so what could be done to keep cost down and not have to buy shaft mounted rockers. I read the post above that he used the Comp Cams ultra pro magnum Ls3 stud mounted rockers(I use them my self). I'm not going to buy a Ls7 head but inquiring minds wanna know what to do and do it cheaply to be able to run a solid roller.

Last edited by lil john; 02-04-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:30 PM
KCS

I've never seen the stock rocker used or the pedestals(only in photo's) only shaft mounted rockers on Ls7 heads so what could be done to keep cost down and not have to buy shaft mounted rockers. I read the post above that he used the Comp Cams ultra pro magnum Ls3 stud mounted rockers(I use them my self). I'm not going to buy a Ls7 head but inquiring minds wanna know what to do and do it cheaply to be able to run a solid roller.
That's fine, but there's a reason most people run the shaft rockers and that's because of the cast in pedestals. When you run a large amount of valve lift, like with a solid roller application, those pedestals need to be milled off and shaft rockers need to be used or you're going to end up with serious valvetrain issues. You can't just bolt these rockers on and run a .450" lobe camshaft.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a set of HS aluminum adjustable roller rockers 1.8 ratio that mont just like stocks...didn't end up using them but Chris Frank sent them with my heads...If anyone would like to scoop them up let me know...I'd cut ya a solid deal on them....
Old 02-05-2015, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not all about how cheaply you can throw some crap together
Old 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
But sometimes it is
Old 02-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Banned

Sometimes that's not true because we Ls3 head owner's can run a solid roller pretty cheap and I would like for everyone to be able to choose what ever they want without being rich or having to spend over a grand to run a solid roller setup. Because I am Mr Scrooge when buying parts and I as a person try to get my money's worth for any part. How about your self compare what ever engine you have to mine and see.
Cost vs HP I'm pretty sure that I got you hands down. Cheap:-)

Nothing personal but some people believe that you have to throw a lot of money to go fast or get a high level of HP. If this rocker arm system could work it would benefit all those who have Ls7 heads and would like to get crazy with there cam choice and not have to by T&D, Jesel, Comp cams ...etc rocker arm system that retail starting @ $1200 throw in tax. If you get bushed lifters as I did you would have $2400 in lifters and rocker arms. But Ls3 adjustable rockers are $400. So does spending $1600 sound better than spending $2400? And you still get a quality part. This part as KCS said would be kind of crazy with higher lift cams but the aftermarket got ta start some where.

Last edited by lil john; 02-05-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Briou
I have a set of HS aluminum adjustable roller rockers 1.8 ratio that mont just like stocks...didn't end up using them but Chris Frank sent them with my heads...If anyone would like to scoop them up let me know...I'd cut ya a solid deal on them....
Are these for LS7 heads, if so how much?
Old 02-08-2015, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

in first port
Old 02-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Violence.z06
in first port
Read Briou's post
Old 02-09-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sometimes that's not true because we Ls3 head owner's can run a solid roller pretty cheap and I would like for everyone to be able to choose what ever they want without being rich or having to spend over a grand to run a solid roller setup. Because I am Mr Scrooge when buying parts and I as a person try to get my money's worth for any part. How about your self compare what ever engine you have to mine and see.
Cost vs HP I'm pretty sure that I got you hands down. Cheap:-)

Nothing personal but some people believe that you have to throw a lot of money to go fast or get a high level of HP. If this rocker arm system could work it would benefit all those who have Ls7 heads and would like to get crazy with there cam choice and not have to by T&D, Jesel, Comp cams ...etc rocker arm system that retail starting @ $1200 throw in tax. If you get bushed lifters as I did you would have $2400 in lifters and rocker arms. But Ls3 adjustable rockers are $400. So does spending $1600 sound better than spending $2400? And you still get a quality part. This part as KCS said would be kind of crazy with higher lift cams but the aftermarket got ta start some where.

You can have that title.

I'm not one to brag about how cheap I am or how little I spent when I build something.

Do it right the first time and be done with it.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
You can have that title.

I'm not one to brag about how cheap I am or how little I spent when I build something.

Do it right the first time and be done with it.
Not everyone has your budget. For us that don't, we make things work.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Stud mount rocker arms for the Ls7.