Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Darton 4.125" vs 4.185" Sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G Atsma: Wrong thread, dude..
Yea didn't have the time to post on both...Had to go to my 5th funeral this Month and move moms stuff....Was up early moving around.

NAVYBLUE210:I did not think anyone else was as obsessed about maximizing Bore
As I LOL.
Yea I'm the guy that Who's trying to make something NEW not just a Copy of other guy's! Oh I destroked it or I put a 4.350 crank Cop Cat $h!+....If you like it I love it! Keep doing the same thing and you'll keep getting the same results. Funny thing is it was done on a Standard Dart Iron Eagle. Now ask yourself How many Different LSX Blocks DART sells to the public...Over 5 and counting! I don't just bandwagon. I'll try to see or find if we can get another wagon as the one most get onto is full. Some guy's get happy with what they see. If I know it can be better I'm asking or trying to get it made. Johnson made the 1st bushed hydraulic lifter....Who you think called it in! Now everyone can get a pair. A Closed mouth don't get feed around here. Just keep accepting what you see. I'm not that guy. LMAO with you Navy. I'm real funny.

Last edited by Patron; 12-31-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by navyblue210
i did not think anyone else was as obsessed about maximizing bore
as i lol.
right......4.200”x3.622. Ftw
Old 12-31-2017, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not hating or bashing anyone, just putting out what I've found out that few guys that know about race engines already know. If we accept stuff then they'll keep selling us things that we know could be better. Or it's just for the rich and I'm not rich so I'll put it out there to see what can be done for all users, price gotta come down. Think about canted valve heads cost vs a typical aftermarket ls head. Now if they place this set up in a standard ls head should be cheaper and still use factory stuff..besides custom shaft mounted rocker arms. We just gotta think outside the box ...better said ask for stuff that we're told that works and not just for high end 1 off stuff.

I've asked Steve about 4.250 bore Lsx block with plasma sprayed cylinder bores or the the other thing that starts with Naskil... or whatever. Most you could do is 4.210 - *4.220 maybe* as gasket gets thin between the bores. The one aluminum Dart block can take around 4.210 . Anyone can get wet sleeves or Lsx,Dart block for a 4.200 bore combination. Bigger is wanted and what I shown can or could be done with Normal stuff.

Last edited by Patron; 12-31-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Darton 4.125" vs 4.185" Sleeves