Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Blended BR285s (12degree), Ported MSD, Stroked w/.720” lift cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mirek Again
That was so totally kick-***. Thank thanks for putting that up. God-Damn.

Oh, i got the first set of LGM’s with grease pencils still on them straight from Borla. Was there a non-US version of the Pro-tubes ?
Yeah, those are the ones you hear complaints about. The current SuperPros and the streets are now made in China as is most everything LG sales now. GT2 Coilovers are definitely Chinese
Old 08-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I don’t want to but I may take a hard look at a light tub if there is such a thing.
I may simply need the traction regardless of anything else but I hope this is not the case and that the car is actually manageable/fun. It is a lot of power.
With the 4:10. I will change the cam before I change that.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Launching!

I don’t want to but I may take a hard look at a light tub if there is such a thing.
I may simply need the traction regardless of anything else but I hope this is not the case and that the car is actually manageable/fun. It is a lot of power.
With the 4:10. I will change the cam before I change that.
I'm debating mini tubing tubbing mine, just dont want to buy 2 new CCWs
Old 08-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Yeah, those are the ones you hear complaints about. The current SuperPros and the streets are now made in China as is most everything LG sales now. GT2 Coilovers are definitely Chinese
No man, I have a set made for his GT World Challenge Car — prior to their original release.

I don’t know what you are talking about with the made in China stuff but my experience with LGM overall has been great and don’t have a bone to pick.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

I already put AP Racing Sprint Calipers up front and got 2002 OEM zo6 speedlines ft/rr specifically to fit them. I would rather TUB then go square on wheels since that coin has sailed and I want to keep a “stock” appearances.

​​​​​​​

Old 08-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Launching!

No man, I have a set made for his GT World Challenge Car — prior to their original release.

I don’t know what you are talking about with the made in China stuff but my experience with LGM overall has been great and don’t have a bone to pick.
Oh, gotcha.
I have his early SuperPros that Borla made, later they started having them made in china along with the Street Series. That's what the complaints you hear about LG headers now are referencing. People have had fitment and quality issues with the china stuff.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Launching!

I already put AP Racing Sprint Calipers up front and got 2002 OEM zo6 speedlines ft/rr specifically to fit them. I would rather TUB then go square on wheels since that coin has sailed and I want to keep a “stock” appearances.

About to put C6Z brakes on mine when the calipers get back from powder coating.
I bought CCWs with big brakes in mind so my wheels are already the correct size, stock speedlines will take a 315 but that's as big as you can get. Mini tubbing will let you go to a 345 rear which you'll need but you're not fitting that tire on a C5Z speedline
Old 08-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Yea, down the road I will swap out the rears to fit more tire, I will simply have to.
C5 Z06 rears in the oem size are VERY difficult to come by too which sucks.

I recently read that LG recently sold the biz to one of his employees.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I stand by the above. I have no doubt they continue to innovate and improve SOME things.
But other parts of their business stagnate.
Outdated cams proliferate their catalog, which is extremely difficult to navigate to find a lot of things.
I do agree that Comp simply has too many lobes listed but they have more lobes than all the other companies put together and then some so it's a unique problem to them!

Saying that though, Comp has been by leaps and bounds the best company we've had the pleasure of dealing with though in terms of matching lobe families with parts and intended usages.

Billy Godbold has gotten us lobe families that gained nearly 20 average RWHP with the same durations and lifts knowing exactly what parts we have and are running.

Valvetrain is a SYSTEM first and foremost and Billy will tell you that. If you know all your valve train specifics then someone like him can really help you!

A LOT of this also involves setting your valvetrain up correctly and spending money where you really need to and that's where no cam company can save you if you don't know what you're doing.

I also like Jason at TSP's LS7 lobes and I have had good luck with Cam Motion as well.

Guys like Ed Curtis will always be great because again he usually sells you a whole SYSTEM that he knows works from who ever grinds his actual cams.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

racer8088- You make a lot of sense. My main point about Comp is not about their technology, which they have plenty of, but their spotty quality control. Their cam and valve spring metallurgy has crapped the bed more than once, and they did not own up it either time.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by G Atsma
racer8088- You make a lot of sense. My main point about Comp is not about their technology, which they have plenty of, but their spotty quality control. Their cam and valve spring metallurgy has crapped the bed more than once, and they did not own up it either time.
I can't speak to that as I haven't really ever had cam issues with any of the cam companies but I always run smoother slower or more stable lobes and usually with a little overkill on the springs too!

I remember the bad batch of 918s I think it was which sucked but Comp didn't actually make those at the time. Luckily we didn't have any of those break on us thank God.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by racer8088
I can't speak to that as I haven't really ever had cam issues with any of the cam companies but I always run smoother slower or more stable lobes and usually with a little overkill on the springs too!

I remember the bad batch of 918s I think it was which sucked but Comp didn't actually make those at the time. Luckily we didn't have any of those break on us thank God.
Comp also sent everyone who had those a new set.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

Comp had some cams that weren't heat treated correctly. That was several years ago.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Rain delay.....
Right now the tuner is trying to dial in the hot start up, evidently the older PCMs do not have anywhere near as many fields to edit as the newer E38 PCMs and getting it to start up every time perfectly is tough.

My old PCM is wanting to use the old style TB (screw style) vs the newer LS2/3/7 style TB......

soon.....

Old 08-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Rain delay.....
Right now the tuner is trying to dial in the hot start up, evidently the older PCMs do not have anywhere near as many fields to edit as the newer E38 PCMs and getting it to start up every time perfectly is tough.

My old PCM is wanting to use the old style TB (screw style) vs the newer LS2/3/7 style TB......

soon.....

I didn't have this problem and I believe the same PCM, I did have some AC on during start issues where the TB didn't compensate for the extra load for a few seconds but the LS2 TB never gave me those issues.
What it did due was have the TPS die causing the car to go into reduced power mode. Ultimately went back to LS1/6 style TB and put a TPIS 92MM on so the TPS is replaceable now
Old 08-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
I didn't have this problem and I believe the same PCM, I did have some AC on during start issues where the TB didn't compensate for the extra load for a few seconds but the LS2 TB never gave me those issues.
What it did due was have the TPS die causing the car to go into reduced power mode. Ultimately went back to LS1/6 style TB and put a TPIS 92MM on so the TPS is replaceable now
I have a (ported) silver blade LS7 t-body. My M.O. has been for a fully street-able car great in traffic with full power blowing cold A/C under load The tune is crucial for this and as I interpret the situation there was a bigger RPM drop then commanded after clutch depression & full on braking right after a full out throttle runout. Sounds like they are sorting it soup to nuts for me as requested knowing I want that A/C going over time. Tuning is a large part of this as I have learned.

The following users liked this post:
AINT SKEERED (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I seen their Instagram post. He said it will spin freely in 3rd gear rolling on those tires 😁
Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 PM
Launching!

I have a (ported) silver blade LS7 t-body. My M.O. has been for a fully street-able car great in traffic with full power blowing cold A/C under load The tune is crucial for this and as I interpret the situation there was a bigger RPM drop then commanded after clutch depression & full on braking right after a full out throttle runout. Sounds like they are sorting it soup to nuts for me as requested knowing I want that A/C going over time. Tuning is a large part of this as I have learned.
LS2 or LS7? I was under the impression that LS3 7 and 9 throttle bodies don't work with the C5 PCM. My LS2 throttle body requires a wiring harness adapter.
You are are correct that this is in the tune. Mine ran fine, only problem I had was starting the engine with the AC on. AC turned on after the car was running and in traffic and on wide open throttle to closed throttle, no issue
Old 08-19-2019, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Ported LS7 silver blade. They are using a card style MAF sensor for tuning purposes.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Ported LS7 silver blade. They are using a card style MAF sensor for tuning purposes.
Yeah, that's what I'm using full time

Quick Reply: Blended BR285s (12degree), Ported MSD, Stroked w/.720” lift cam