Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

8.9s NA or Bust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020 | 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

My god do you guys even read? That OP already stated he is using Frankenstein heads.
Old 04-06-2020 | 05:44 AM
11 Second Club

Sb2 heads are fairly badass, i seen some 400ci sbc/sb2 combos making over 800 flywheel HP on pump high octane unleaded. And still streetable, not some ridiculous 1" lift cams. And they also gone 8's in the 1/4 to back it up.
The following users liked this post:
TTur1996 (04-07-2020)
Old 04-06-2020 | 05:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bortous
It was a ticking time bomb really.
9000rpm on a stock block and internals?
On their Texas Speed instagram he replied to people asking what rpm he turned, and i remember him saying 8300rpm. So i don't know where the 9000rpm came from.
If they had just thrown a set of forged rods in it, it probably would have lived.
Old 04-06-2020 | 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Talk about a giant bassackwards step! LOL
Originally Posted by Che70velle
SB2 technology isn’t anywhere near as good as what’s available for the LS platform. Two completely different types of heads that won’t interchange.
You 2 Lerkers just don't have a clue do you? WoW
Old 04-06-2020 | 06:45 AM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by TTur1996
You 2 Lerkers just don't have a clue do you? WoW
I can’t speak for G, but no...I’m new at this stuff.
But seriously the SB2 stuff, when it came out in what...95?...was cutting edge. Nowadays the technology that’s in a performance INLINE LS casting blows the SB2 stuff away. Data doesn’t lie.
Have you never seen an in-line head LS engine make 800 hp? I bet you have. I like the “Lerker” name by the way.
Old 04-06-2020 | 06:56 AM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Launch
Sb2 heads are fairly badass, i seen some 400ci sbc/sb2 combos making over 800 flywheel HP on pump high octane unleaded. And still streetable, not some ridiculous 1" lift cams. And they also gone 8's in the 1/4 to back it up.
Im not trying to say the stuff is junk. I’m only saying that the performance LS stuff is better. Apparently I’ve hurt some feelings...
Old 04-06-2020 | 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xBoostx
Here’s a little inspiration from Texas...
NA stock block LS3 by the way enjoy...

Is the first time ever we get to save the planet by sitting around and doing nothing but messing with our car let’s not screw this up!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGOq42vXx0

They been tight leaps about how it was done except for what was shown under the hood which by the way was a lot no accessory belt so electric water pump no ac no ps no alternator which tells me they are using 16 bolts lithium battery Holley high ram and their small bore ls7 heads the big question is the cam probably a .050 duration of 258/268 if I had to guess.
Other than that they are using a turbo 400 the stall is IMO 6k rpms off the dig my ears ring at about 9k rpms out the back end so like 3.73 diff is my guess, it would be a fun build to replicate for real.
It's a TH200 trans with 4.30 gears which made peak power at 7700rpms and shifting at around 82-8300rpms on that motor. Looking forward how this SBE LS3 battle goes at GPI made 829HP N/A out of his SBE LS3 N/A setup this past weekend stretching it's legs out to 8800rpms
Old 04-06-2020 | 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

My god do you guys even read? That OP already stated he is using Frankenstein heads.
Yes, I am running the F710s, its the last thing LME is waiting on to put the motor together. Jr sent me these, its really cool to see the process of the heads, sad that they will be bolted to the motor by the time I get them.

Last edited by 95sscamaro; 04-13-2020 at 02:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 95sscamaro:
DualQuadDave (06-06-2020), JRFed (04-07-2020), TTur1996 (04-08-2020)
Old 04-06-2020 | 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 383z
Sad to see that good looking LT1 Camaro like that.
Hope everything works out with this new build.
It really is, I had never thought it would end like that but after a year i'm over the loss and on to the new car.
Old 04-06-2020 | 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

It didn't take long to start taring into the car, the 9" was pulled and sent back to the owner and the 8.8 went in. This car had a lot to hide, once on the lift I found that they had hammered in the floor to fit the true duals that were on the car, the core support was cut to fit the stand alone nitrous fuel tank and there was rust in the driver foot well.

Old 04-06-2020 | 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

The car was a T56 but somewhere down the line they swapped a Turbo 400 in it, no one covered the, master whole and water was getting inside. Its not too big but the spot is going to be cut out of the other car and welded in. This is about the time that I decided to make this a dedicated race car and not put it on the street, so the AJE subframe came out and I made a call over to MWC and ordered up their Chromoly Kmember and another 9" (still waiting on this to come in).

Old 04-06-2020 | 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Ok so here is the rundown on the motor, LME 440ci, 15.1 compression, LSX block (standard deck), Dragonslayer crank, Ultra Billet rods, Dimond gas ported pistons, LLSR cam from CamMotion, Frankenstein F710s heads and Freakshow intake (LS7), Holley 105 Throttle Body, and Shaft mount rockers. The oiling system is a Daily Dry Sump stage 6, with one of their billet pans, added the vacuum section after talking with them. The motor was built to handle a 400 shot of nitrous if I really get the itch to turn it up, I doubt that I will ever spray it but you never know. Also we are looking at turning 8000 to 8300 rpms, so the motor should really scream!

The trans I looked around and decided to go with the Turbo 400 from ATI, this is pretty much the same trans that's in the COPO camaro. The converter is still up in the air as of yet.

Old 04-07-2020 | 04:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice. You will be well over 800HP with that combo. Excellent choice of parts for sure. The Daily Engineering billet dry sump setup is bad *** for sure. We almost pulled the trigger on that setup too. That will free up some ponies. The Peterson Oil tank with catch can is what we were going to use suggested by Bill himself. Which one did you get? That bad boy should last a long time with a little Love. I don't know about spraying a 15:1 motor with a 400 shot though. When the cylinder pressures are as high as you will have, there will be a very tight window on the tune keeping it from detonation. If it were me I wouldn't spray it. But thats me. Glad to see you went with the MWC fabricated 9 inch. Probably the lightest out there and plenty of cars laying down big power using them too. Make sure you put an anti roll bar on there and definitely a cage or that motor is going to twist that chassis in a knot. Also make sure you get a set or real good DA shocks. We love our Mencers. Couldn't keep the front end on the ground with QA1's. Makes a big difference and may save the underside of your car by not letting it wheelie. Our car doesn't wheelie at all anymore just by changing shocks. If it were me I would wait on the converter until you can get a weight on the car till after you strip it down however you want it. That will help whoever you get the converter from, get it very close the first time. The more info you give them the better. Is this going to be a strip only car? On a NA setup the limiting factor is always the weight of the car. The lighter you get, the faster it will go. Then once you reach that limit, there is always Alcohol. Best of Luck to You. You will have a blast with that bad boy.
Old 04-07-2020 | 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Very nice. You will be well over 800HP with that combo. Excellent choice of parts for sure. The Daily Engineering billet dry sump setup is bad *** for sure. We almost pulled the trigger on that setup too. That will free up some ponies. The Peterson Oil tank with catch can is what we were going to use suggested by Bill himself. Which one did you get? That bad boy should last a long time with a little Love. I don't know about spraying a 15:1 motor with a 400 shot though. When the cylinder pressures are as high as you will have, there will be a very tight window on the tune keeping it from detonation. If it were me I wouldn't spray it. But thats me. Glad to see you went with the MWC fabricated 9 inch. Probably the lightest out there and plenty of cars laying down big power using them too. Make sure you put an anti roll bar on there and definitely a cage or that motor is going to twist that chassis in a knot. Also make sure you get a set or real good DA shocks. We love our Mencers. Couldn't keep the front end on the ground with QA1's. Makes a big difference and may save the underside of your car by not letting it wheelie. Our car doesn't wheelie at all anymore just by changing shocks. If it were me I would wait on the converter until you can get a weight on the car till after you strip it down however you want it. That will help whoever you get the converter from, get it very close the first time. The more info you give them the better. Is this going to be a strip only car? On a NA setup the limiting factor is always the weight of the car. The lighter you get, the faster it will go. Then once you reach that limit, there is always Alcohol. Best of Luck to You. You will have a blast with that bad boy.
I was looking at that same Perterson tank with the catch can but I have not ordered it yet. LME said it would be fine to spray it but the number of passes before a refresh would go way down, running it NA should be relatively save letting me have fun for a long time. As for the MWC 9" I did get the biggest Anti Roll bar they made, also pretty much every option you could get. I want it to be as bullet proof as I can get it. I'm running Afco DA out back and the car came with AJE front strut/spindle (deletes the knuckle, upper control arm, and upper shock mount). Yes the car will be track only, the goal is to get it to 2600 lbs. I have the Rock solid motorsports front end kit, deleting T tops with a carbon roof and a VFN rear hatch, will be running lexan on all the windows as well.

Im waiting on the motor and the rear to come back before I send it to the chassis shop for a 10 point chromoly cage, the RSM front end kit and they are going to build a set of custom fender exit headers.
The following users liked this post:
TTur1996 (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020 | 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95sscamaro
I was looking at that same Perterson tank with the catch can but I have not ordered it yet. LME said it would be fine to spray it but the number of passes before a refresh would go way down, running it NA should be relatively save letting me have fun for a long time. As for the MWC 9" I did get the biggest Anti Roll bar they made, also pretty much every option you could get. I want it to be as bullet proof as I can get it. I'm running Afco DA out back and the car came with AJE front strut/spindle (deletes the knuckle, upper control arm, and upper shock mount). Yes the car will be track only, the goal is to get it to 2600 lbs. I have the Rock solid motorsports front end kit, deleting T tops with a carbon roof and a VFN rear hatch, will be running lexan on all the windows as well.

Im waiting on the motor and the rear to come back before I send it to the chassis shop for a 10 point chromoly cage, the RSM front end kit and they are going to build a set of custom fender exit headers.
You are definitely doing it right. Excellent attention to detail. Very nice. Best of Luck to you. Can't wait to see your results. At that weight you won't need the spray. That Bad Boy is gunna fly.
Old 04-08-2020 | 09:54 AM

Great project! Nice to see you posting up in here again, too
Old 04-08-2020 | 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

You are definitely doing it right. Excellent attention to detail. Very nice. Best of Luck to you. Can't wait to see your results. At that weight you won't need the spray. That Bad Boy is gunna fly.
Thanks, I am getting excited to see what the engine will put out on the engine dyno. Also would be the first time getting to hear this beast run! I hope I can get it down that low, if not ill just keep cutting lol.

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Great project! Nice to see you posting up in here again, too
Thank you, Yea a lot has happened in the past 2 years, I opened up my own shop and with that and the accident and surgery, last year was hard on me. But we are hitting it running now and cant wait to build and run this new car, you love to do some out of state events.
Old 04-08-2020 | 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

A little update as of yesterday, Installed the new motion raceworks MPI steering wheel and buttons. Also mounted up the block off plates for the cluster and radio delete (Going to make and install button box in this later). After mounting the seat a while ago I thought it was a little high, the new wheel confirmed that, I have to drill the RaceCraft seat brackets to lower the seat, should be able to get the seat down another inch.

Old 04-08-2020 | 12:47 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

I'd like to see this build lined up with Cdubz new build! That'd be cool heads up race
Old 04-08-2020 | 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rkupon1
I'd like to see this build lined up with Cdubz new build! That'd be cool heads up race
Make it happen!

Quick Reply: 8.9s NA or Bust