Old 03-16-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

agreed!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:25 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try to get picks of the I beam, but for now here is the Callies H beam. Very nice rod!

Old 03-17-2005, 03:44 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do u guys run main studs in these engines or regular GM hardware?
Just curious....
Old 03-18-2005, 11:11 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the answer...
ARP Main Stud Option = $140.00

Thanx guys....
Old 03-23-2005, 10:43 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JS
I got the answer...
ARP Main Stud Option = $140.00

Thanx guys....
The original plan was to builkd it as cheap as posable but still have a good product for under $4,000.00. For your styandard street strip set up the stock studs will work fine. We have many options to look at if there is anyone wanting a set up with a different parts. We have the Callies 4340 steel crank, along with many rod options (Manley light weight I beam, Callies H beam, and the Lunati light weight I beam). we have ARP main, & head studs, Cometic head gaskets, and many other pieces. I can assure you that we will do anything we can to give you the product you want at a very good price!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

Well, I have been very very busy, so haven't had a chance to post much. Also have been uprgrading lots of car to take the power of the new 402.

I finally got the Racetronix fuel pump and assembly in last week and found the source of the pcm "open." So the last 3 days are my first driving "the beast."

All I can say is Wow!!!

Instantaneous power from any rpm above idle. Can you say "off idle" power.

Drives completely differently than my heads/cam car. It kinda explodes right now. I never found full throttle the first 2 days. Didn't want to blow the tires away til I had a bit of a handle on the idle and off-idle tuning. That is now done. The car is surprisingly tractable (after some hours of idle tuning).

But it is a completely different car. And I was over 400 rwhp with the old motor.

Thanks Kris. I will keep you posted. I will be doing the part throttle tuning the next several days and than a couple of days of wot/PE tuning and I will be ready to hit the dyno.

Perry
Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
The original plan was to builkd it as cheap as posable but still have a good product for under $4,000.00. For your styandard street strip set up the stock studs will work fine. We have many options to look at if there is anyone wanting a set up with a different parts. We have the Callies 4340 steel crank, along with many rod options (Manley light weight I beam, Callies H beam, and the Lunati light weight I beam). we have ARP main, & head studs, Cometic head gaskets, and many other pieces. I can assure you that we will do anything we can to give you the product you want at a very good price!
Hey Kris,
I was wondering a few things about this assembly. I'm going to assume that it isn't going to take a real extreme cam to get 500 rwhp out of a car with this motor in it. But I also plan on running about 200 hp worth of nitrous thru it. Will the parts included in this shortblock handle it, or not. What would/should be upgraded to do it right the first time around. I'm planning on selling my current heads/cam/block/rotating assembly for cash towards AFR225's and a cam for the new motor, but what else should I expect to need motor wise? I want to have lots of power at the track and make sure to maintain streetability too. But most of all, I want it to be strong enough to not have to worry about whenever I open the bottle.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:51 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
Hey Kris,
I was wondering a few things about this assembly. I'm going to assume that it isn't going to take a real extreme cam to get 500 rwhp out of a car with this motor in it. But I also plan on running about 200 hp worth of nitrous thru it. Will the parts included in this shortblock handle it, or not. What would/should be upgraded to do it right the first time around. I'm planning on selling my current heads/cam/block/rotating assembly for cash towards AFR225's and a cam for the new motor, but what else should I expect to need motor wise? I want to have lots of power at the track and make sure to maintain streetability too. But most of all, I want it to be strong enough to not have to worry about whenever I open the bottle.
Thanks for your post! Our short block is very reliable, and built with great parts. The main thing we will want to do is file fit your rings correctly to accept the nos you want to run. Our short block, AFR 225's, and a nive cam will get you over 500 rwhp no problem. we have alot of nice cams from Crane that were just released, and the AFR 225's are on the shelf ready to lend a hand to make horsepower!

As for upgrades the only thing I would look at if it were me is::
1) Callies crank
2) ARP main studs
3) ARP head studs

Don't get me wrong, the Eagle crank is a nice crank and we have had great luck with it. I just prefer Callies since it is U.S.built & U.S. machined. We also recomend Cometic head gaskets & we have all of this on the shelf ready to go! Please email, pm, or call me with any questions or special request.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for your post! Our short block is very reliable, and built with great parts. The main thing we will want to do is file fit your rings correctly to accept the nos you want to run. Our short block, AFR 225's, and a nive cam will get you over 500 rwhp no problem. we have alot of nice cams from Crane that were just released, and the AFR 225's are on the shelf ready to lend a hand to make horsepower!

As for upgrades the only thing I would look at if it were me is::
1) Callies crank
2) ARP main studs
3) ARP head studs

Don't get me wrong, the Eagle crank is a nice crank and we have had great luck with it. I just prefer Callies since it is U.S.built & U.S. machined. We also recomend Cometic head gaskets & we have all of this on the shelf ready to go! Please email, pm, or call me with any questions or special request.
I checked the last few pages but didn't see, so I'll ask. How much is the Callies crankshaft upgrade?
Old 03-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Teching In

I am about to take the plunge with this setup, and would like to know the cost of the Callies upgrade as well please.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

The Callies crank, ARP main studs, will bring the price up to $4,999.95. We keep the Callies crank on the shelf so it wouldn't take any longer to build, in fact we have built about 10 of them this way so far.
This will include all LS2 parts needed (front cover, valley cover, and timming set).

Turbo guys, we have just made an order with JE to get you the perfect piston! Take a look at this:
-32cc dish
.927 pin
1.117 comp height
.002 out of the hole
**basicly looking at 8.5 to 1 with .040 thick gasket & a 66cc head.

This set up with hellfire rings, ARP main studs, Callies crank you are looking at $5,295.00.

Last edited by KJ; 04-12-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:27 PM
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=KJ@SDPC]The Callies crank, ARP main studs, will bring the price up to $4,199.95. We keep the Callies crank on the shelf so it wouldn't take any longer to build, in fact we have built about 10 of them this way so far.

I tried to call just now, but you were away from the phone. I have a pretty simple question.

I am wanting to run about 11:1 CR, and spray around a 150 shot. As I see from earlier posts, the bottom end comes with ARP rod bolts. If I were to purchase this package, but upgrade to a 415 cid with a Callies crank, and H-beam rods, what would the price be after the upgrades.

Also, what would the cost be for the 402 cid stroker with Callies crank and rods? I am just looking to compare here. I am very interested in this package, and I am sorry if these questions have already been asked, but I did not read all the posts in this thread.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 03-28-2005, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

The Callies crank, ARP main studs, will bring the price up to $4,199.95. We keep the Callies crank on the shelf so it wouldn't take any longer to build, in fact we have built about 10 of them this way so far.
Great Price!
Now this is refreshing!
Most of the time when I see engine packages with "upgrades" available, the upgrade costs 90% of the cost of buying the part seperately. So basically, buying two parts and only getting one. And it's on parts that don't take any extra prep work to interchange during the assembly.
Under such situations, I'd rather buy the upgrade seperately, and sell the part I'm taking off to make up costs...

Looks like Kris is pulling out every stop to give us a KILLER deal! I'll see if I can't move my plans up a few months
Old 03-29-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

Mine is together, in the car, and has been 90% tuned and all I can say is I love it!!!!!!

Perry
Old 04-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Perry Kincy
Mine is together, in the car, and has been 90% tuned and all I can say is I love it!!!!!!

Perry

Please keep us informed. I'd like to see some Dyno charts or E.T. slips

Does SD make a LS1 402? or other displacement for this price?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Cool_Hand_Luke]Please keep us informed. I'd like to see some Dyno charts or E.T. slips

I sm VERY interested to see your dyno numbers with this setup. What kind of heads and cam are you using? Any info you can give would be great.
I am also wondering what minimum amount is required for deposit on one of these. I will be ready to do this within the next few weeks.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Launching!

looking for dyno numbers with this 402 kit.... hmm, also what kind of gas mileage are you getting with the 402? (kinda a dumb question but i'm curious) are you auto or manual? also looking to see what kinda times you are putting down.... need this info before i'm going to spend the cashola to buy the motor.... have to do some research

everything for install is included with purchase of this motor? nothing else is needed?

thanks

Dan
Old 04-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Launching!

KJ@SDPC

I sent you a PM. How do you get a SDPC catalog? I've tried 3 times online and called earlier this year. I was told you didn't have them out. Do you have them now?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Luke
KJ@SDPC

I sent you a PM. How do you get a SDPC catalog? I've tried 3 times online and called earlier this year. I was told you didn't have them out. Do you have them now?

Thanks
Mine is a couple years old and obviously won't have this bad boy in it.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:46 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

What other block prep is going into these to make them LIVE. Obviously if you put them to boost or nitorus you'll need to do regular maintence. Aline honing the cylinder's with TQ plates. Reeming of the main caps for bearing tolerences?

Quick Reply: LS2 402 short block at SDPC!