Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2006 or 2007 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 or 2007 Camaro

Does anyone know if they are going to produce the Camaro in 06 or 07. I just hear some guys talking about. Is it going to happen.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Launching!

The earliest you will see a "Camaro" would be 2009. The GM brass has halted the Zeta (SP) platform for US production.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The most recent rumor I read on GMI was a release in mid 2007.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was going to be 2007 but like USMC said GM cancelled the ZETA plateform in which the camaro was going to be built on. It is sad, with all the hope and support from camaro enthusiats, but GM is struggling, big time. I have not heard anything about 2009 or anything but we can only hope.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

It's rumored GM is going to build a Camaro version off the Kappa and a Chevelle off GM's future RWD platform (Sigma?). DEFINITELY won't be 06 though.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I second LS1TORQ...its unfortunate but ive been reading about the "upcomeing camaro for a while", its not happening because GM sucks right now. The only thing we can do is write to GM and keep our fingers crossed. But I havent heard anything about 2009
Old 06-19-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i doubt ure going to see anything by 07 either.. its only two years away... theyd already have alot of work done on it if it was coming out then... not like u can just make and design a new car in a few months
Old 06-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

The Camaro had better happen or I am getting a Mustang. GM is really screwed up! People are going crazy wanting Ponycars / Mustangs and GM is no where in the market? Who the heck is running the show? They are missing a huge market opportunity! Old women at work are even excited about the new mustang! Come on GM wake up and make some money!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zforme
The Camaro had better happen or I am getting a Mustang. GM is really screwed up! People are going crazy wanting Ponycars / Mustangs and GM is no where in the market? Who the heck is running the show? They are missing a huge market opportunity! Old women at work are even excited about the new mustang! Come on GM wake up and make some money!
These things take time! When they cancelled the zeta platform, that is because it is unsuitable for a pony car: it is a luxury platform and the car would have ended up costing north of $30,000. Not good.

I mean, yeah, somebody should have cancelled zeta a LONG time ago, and then we would have a new camaro by now, but them's the breaks.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

the camaro is DEAD
Old 06-19-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
the camaro is DEAD
Old 06-20-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
the camaro is DEAD
I think GM is heading in the right direction.
Who needs a camaro, when you can have a COBALT!!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dont think they will come out with the camaro untill the sales figures turn around for GM.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WALLY99'SS
Does anyone know if they are going to produce the Camaro in 06 or 07. I just hear some guys talking about. Is it going to happen.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/racer-s-lounge/329160-congratulation-camaro-firebird-back-pics.html
Old 06-20-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

unless GM can pull something off with canda you won't see a camaro until 2017... before the 4gen's Gm made some deals with canada to keep production open in exchange for tax breaks. to sum this up there is only one place a camaro or firebird can come from until 2017 and they leveled it... sorry to crush your hopes but if you see one in the near future you will know GM went through great lengths to bring it back, but i doubt you will see such work on behalf of the global giant who is pondering Bankruptcy. Also with as many mistakes as they have made in recent years I really don't see them taking anymore chances on RW for awhile... they are going to look at the GTO as a mess thats not really their fault but the economy... we call all figure out what is wrong with GM/ GTO aimed at the wrong age group w/ the wrong price tag. I could go on and on but I just don't see GM taking such risk or spending the money to build a new factory.. ALso I think at this point in the game if they did bring back the camaro or even the firebird they'd probably hurt your feeligns by destroying it.....

I read a rumor in CAMARO that they were bringing it back in 2007.... I did some research shortly after and got all this info on the tax breaks & the rights canada has to the name Camaro & Firebird. Not right but a technical lean might you say until 2017.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There will be an "engineering excersize" at the Detroit Auto
Show in January..call it what ever you want..one thing you can call it for sure is "mustang eater"..
Old 06-20-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM could field a new Camaro by late 2007 as an '08 model, but there are a few things that have to be going on now...

1. They must have the production prototype nearly frozen right now,
2. They must be finalizing design on the core exclusive tooling now,
3. They must have an existing assembly plant and line in place now that is compatible with GM's latest low-cost tooling,
4. The new model would have to share parts with some larger volume vehicle to stay in the Camaro's price range,
5. This project must move faster than any GM project since the mid 1950's

I haven't seen any evidence that this is going on. I do believe there's a group of influential people inside GM bent on bringing it back, but unless all of these things come together at the same time, it's not going to happen. It definitely isn't going to happen by the end of 2007. Late 2008--at best!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CONVERTED
unless GM can pull something off with canda you won't see a camaro until 2017... before the 4gen's Gm made some deals with canada to keep production open in exchange for tax breaks. to sum this up there is only one place a camaro or firebird can come from until 2017 and they leveled it... sorry to crush your hopes but if you see one in the near future you will know GM went through great lengths to bring it back, but i doubt you will see such work on behalf of the global giant who is pondering Bankruptcy. Also with as many mistakes as they have made in recent years I really don't see them taking anymore chances on RW for awhile... they are going to look at the GTO as a mess thats not really their fault but the economy... we call all figure out what is wrong with GM/ GTO aimed at the wrong age group w/ the wrong price tag. I could go on and on but I just don't see GM taking such risk or spending the money to build a new factory.. ALso I think at this point in the game if they did bring back the camaro or even the firebird they'd probably hurt your feeligns by destroying it.....

I read a rumor in CAMARO that they were bringing it back in 2007.... I did some research shortly after and got all this info on the tax breaks & the rights canada has to the name Camaro & Firebird. Not right but a technical lean might you say until 2017.
"Canada gave GM HUGE incentives and tax breaks to make ALL future F-bodies at the St. Terese plant until 2015, so in order to demolish that huge, expensive, un-efficient plant they couldn't be building ANY Camaro's or Firebirds. So GM stopped making the F-body, moved or retired all those people, sold the land, and demolished the plant last year. Now that the St. Terese plant is gone, so are the legal barriers to GM manufacturing the F-body (Camaro) anywhere else." Since the plant has been demolished, GM is free and clear to use the Camaro name.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Guys I have a video of Scott Settlemire Confirming that it will be back within the next 3 years and to keep the faith...would anyone like to see it? He announced it at the Dick Harrell unveiling this year at GMMG.

If ya'll are interested in seeing it or someone can host it let me know who I need to send it to.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitten
Guys I have a video of Scott Settlemire Confirming that it will be back within the next 3 years and to keep the faith...would anyone like to see it? He announced it at the Dick Harrell unveiling this year at GMMG.

If ya'll are interested in seeing it or someone can host it let me know who I need to send it to.

That is correct I was there too..watch for the "engineering excersize" in January at the Detroit Auto Show..

Quick Reply: 2006 or 2007 Camaro