Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2008 Superchargerd Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by militant_x
so how about that 2008 blown z06?

How about you're the kind of loser that makes hard-working college students like me ashamed to be in the same situation. Get a life dude.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in the defense of the person that said his parents bought the 500000 dollar house it is possible they bought smaller homes and paid those off and sold those and kept on moving up until they had enough from selling a house that they could use most of the money for down. There are ways for people to move up the ladder without making tons of cash, plus for school there are such things as financial aid, grants, loans you know, school doesnt have to be paid in cash and of which most of the payments if not all can be deffered till 6-8 months after graduation. Please dont use that line "oh, mommy and daddy didnt pay for me " there were and are ways for you to go and if you were to lazy or just to stupid to ask someone then thats your fault no one elses. It is simply insane to state that 75k a year to run a machine is not a lot of money, designers who are in charge of making those parts are lucky to make that much, maybe you were never that good at math but thats roughly 1400 dollars a week, and thats with out going to college and spending that money that the designer did. Seems to me you have it better than they do considering they had to spend 50000-100000 to just be able to do that job. You would think you would just be appreciative to those college students for going to school and paying their tuition to give you your job because without them your job wouldnt exist!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

The 60,000 were per person. My mother was an engineer she is now going into management she mad close to that. My father has worked in the same cheese factory since he was 17 he doesn’t even make close to 60k. Last year in my internship I made as much as he did and I was only getting paid 65 percent of the starting engineer salary. Note the house is worth more than 500k dollars. We did a lot of work on it ourselves and saved a ton of money when we built it. The land was bought when land prices were cheaper a few years back. Our old house we fixed up ourselves and sold it for a decent profit when we were all done.

I received an academic scholarship coming out of high school for college it wasn't a lot but it sure helped. My sister busted her *** in H.S. and got a full ride as far as tuition and books are concerned.

Right now I'm working a summer job at a truss factory so I could stay at home to be near my grandfather who is ill. I only make half of what I did last summer doing my internship. I bust my *** every day and put out twice what the other guys do that started a couple of months before me. Do I complain about my pay.... no because a monkey could do my job. The American work attitude is getting so bad that the next thing you know kids are going to start asking for allowance from there parents because they can wipe there own ***.

I should try to find a job at a robotic systems design place since from a lot of the attitude I see hear that market is going to be pretty good a few years down the road. Then the union guys are going to have stickers that say BUY MAN MADE USA PRODUCTS.

Oh btw my father shares the same opinions I do even though he's "just a factory worker" the workforce quality had gone down the crapper over the past 20 years. I'm just glad I have good role models so I turned out decent.

Funny you mentioned Hamilton Sundstrand. I almost worked there but I didn't like the fact that it would put off my graduation another year. Great company though.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Restricted User

Wow, this thread went WAY off track. :train derail:
Old 08-11-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Seriously though, what bothers me is the outlook for the current generation of college grads. The job outlook is vey different. My oldest son graduated a few years ago with a Computer Science degree. This was about the time the market tanked and we started shipping out tech jobs offshore. He worked hard through his college years and went full time with his employer right out of college. He's making a bunch of money in the leasing business. It worked out well.

The point is that the education is very important, but so is your reputation as a dependable trustworthy employee. Sometimes the breaks find you. Good luck to all you youngsters. I certainly wish you the best.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OldSchoolSS
The 60,000 were per person. My mother was an engineer she is now going into management she mad close to that. My father has worked in the same cheese factory since he was 17 he doesn’t even make close to 60k. Last year in my internship I made as much as he did and I was only getting paid 65 percent of the starting engineer salary. Note the house is worth more than 500k dollars. We did a lot of work on it ourselves and saved a ton of money when we built it. The land was bought when land prices were cheaper a few years back. Our old house we fixed up ourselves and sold it for a decent profit when we were all done.

I received an academic scholarship coming out of high school for college it wasn't a lot but it sure helped. My sister busted her *** in H.S. and got a full ride as far as tuition and books are concerned.

Right now I'm working a summer job at a truss factory so I could stay at home to be near my grandfather who is ill. I only make half of what I did last summer doing my internship. I bust my *** every day and put out twice what the other guys do that started a couple of months before me. Do I complain about my pay.... no because a monkey could do my job. The American work attitude is getting so bad that the next thing you know kids are going to start asking for allowance from there parents because they can wipe there own ***.

I should try to find a job at a robotic systems design place since from a lot of the attitude I see hear that market is going to be pretty good a few years down the road. Then the union guys are going to have stickers that say BUY MAN MADE USA PRODUCTS.

Oh btw my father shares the same opinions I do even though he's "just a factory worker" the workforce quality had gone down the crapper over the past 20 years. I'm just glad I have good role models so I turned out decent.

Funny you mentioned Hamilton Sundstrand. I almost worked there but I didn't like the fact that it would put off my graduation another year. Great company though.

next time you shouldnt post something that misleading just to make a point then.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

This is the most retarded "Z06" thread I've ever read.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KALEL

Moral of the thread: If you work hard, you should be rewarded. If you're a lazy twinkle berry, you shouldn't. Does this always happen? We all know the answer to this.

A high paying salary doesn't make anyone better than the next man. I say we stop this woman business and drink beers and talk car talk...

Or we can continue whining like "little girly men."
agreed

HEY! I have one thing we can all agree on . Make the damm s/c vette and let us all test drive it for 2 years
Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oohtwo WS6
When you are on the outside looking in, maybe you should check your facts, before posting. Do you think the CEO's pay for their insurance ? How about their own car insurance ? Spouses car insurance ? Life insurance policys ? Nope, the company pays for it all, plus bonuses and more.
If you are taking it in the *** on your health insurance, does it make it better if your buddy is too ? I guess if your car gets stolen, you hope your neighbors does too ? Dont seem right does it ? How about just saying your health care policy at work sucks and your company is sticking it to you. Why does everyone feel if they are taking the shaft, everyone else has too also ?
Why is Ford doing OK ? Same stupid uneducated UAW workers there, making the same $$$, doing the same thing. Chrysler/ Dodge seems to be doing OK. GM management has driven this company into the hole, not the UAW workers pay or benefits. Seems you get pissed when stupid high school graduates find a way to make close to what a college grad does.....too bad, take your masters and shove it. When you ****, do you turn on the exhaust fan ? No, because it probably smells like roses, because your better then everyone else. You probably put both of your shoes on at the same time, just to prove it to yourself. Unions built most of the great things you see in this country, corporations tear them down.
The more American jobs that are killed by greedy CEO's for bonuses, diminishes the amount of money people spend in America.......I dont see the good in that. You being in health care is a good field to work in......but what happens when no one has insurance to pay the bills that pay your salary ?? We all lose.
i completely agree with you and im not union i work at a chevy dealership
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldSchoolSS
You hit the nail right on the head. Unions have no purpose of being around anymore. All they do is hurt the good workers and help the bad. If you are a good worker like you say you’re company will have no problem giving you the pay you deserve. BTW if you are only just making by on 60k a year tell your wife to get a job. If she has a job then you really need to learn how to budget your money. My parents made due with less than that, put two kids through college, and built a $500,000 house which will be paid off in less than 7 years. They are by no means just making by.

People with bachelors, masters, and PHD's get there degrees for job security and there desire to succeed. They don't expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter like a lot of union guys do. The place I did my internship at had union guys that could barely read making 10k more a year than salaried engineers that put in 50-60 hours a week compared to the union guys 40 hours a week. If that isn't B.S. then I don't know what is. As far as the statement where I can take my degree and shove it we’ll see who is sitting in the better position when in 10 years the unions fall apart because nobody will be able to afford to pay them anymore. The idea of outsourcing your job has probably came up more than a few times in meetings already this year at your company. Who knows plans may already be in the works. There is a lot that you guys and your unions don’t know. The place I last worked at had plans of shipping all the union labor to china, and the stuff the didn’t trust to china to the south where labor is cheap and they don’t need a union.

Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of union workers that are great and knowledgeable guys that deserve to get paid every cent they are. But for every one like that there are 20 that should have there *** kicked to the curb because they are worthless piles of crap.
This was very well written and directly to the point. Unions have had too much power in control how a company manages. Those days are over, just like the days when companies committed the crimes against the employees that unions were created for in the first place. I think everybody has some friend, relative, or acquintance that's worked for a union. My Uncle and two cousins work for GM and Ford, respectively. My uncle gets benefits up the ***, but he can't read worth a ****. My cousin knows how to "work the system" to get double-time, triple-time, etc. He's bragged to me how he's gone to work, punched-in, and left for the day. Nice. The union has always protected him when ever there was a problem.

I just hate that UAW can target GM, Ford, or DC and shut them down whenever they want to. That's wrong. And, to the guy that made the comment that "unions built most of the great things in this country", you're wrong; they worked for someone. Unions don't build things, they only protect and guarantee the jobs to their workers. Someone else is paying the bills.

Quick Reply: 2008 Superchargerd Z06?