Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Z06 is almost here, woohoo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z06 is almost here, woohoo!!!

Ed (my pops) is comming real close to finally getting the car. The best thing is that Kerbeck will probably get some of the first cars to roll off the production line (for public sale) because GM deals the corvettes based on how many a dealer sells. It is my understanding that Kerbeck is the biggest dealer in the world. My dad is the first to take delivery of one besides the two Kerbeck brothers, and two Museum deliveries. That puts him number 5 on the list. Best part is he is paying the MSRP, NO MARK UP. I'm not a collector or anything but I would think that will give this car a little more value then the rest. Could be way off on that assumption though. Pretty damn cool either way. We'll be picking it up on the trailer from Jersey, woohoo.

Hopefully he'll have it before the shoot out. I doubt he'll run it down the track but it'll be fun just to have it there. I don't know, if everybody wants to pitch on in a "Get Ed Drunk" fund we may be able to convince him, ha ha ha.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats awesome, what color did he get?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Victory Red. We've already seen them in person, very very sharp. Wish they still had the Torch Red though. Atleast they don't have that goofy precission red, lol.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is great news. I have an 02 torch red z06. I want to get a black one this time. My local dealer does not seem to have a clue. Are the Kerbeck people good to deal with? I read the C & D writeup today and am fired up...there has to be a lot of horsepower waiting in that car. It is so fast stock. Thanks for info.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
That is great news. I have an 02 torch red z06. I want to get a black one this time. My local dealer does not seem to have a clue. Are the Kerbeck people good to deal with? I read the C & D writeup today and am fired up...there has to be a lot of horsepower waiting in that car. It is so fast stock. Thanks for info.
Kerbeck has treated him very very well. He's had a deposit with them for about 1.5 years or so with them for this car though, that's why he's this high on the list. It may be some time before you can come about one if you are not on a waiting list, don't think it will be too too long though.

Oh, and the amount of power waiting in just a cam change and full exhaust will be worth it to anyone who seeks the altimute n/a performance. I personally can't wait to see people mess with these cars.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. I am going to check with those guys. I am going to mess with mine after I get used to the power level...ha. I am 53 and wrench and tune on my sons ls1 camaros. Tell your dad I admire him for getting one. My father passed away this year. Life is short so I am glad to see people enjoy it.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
PM sent.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

September 20th was one date thrown out, but we all know how first year production goes

Weve got 1 coming from Kerbeck for a customer, and the other from Young Chevy here in Dallas for the Bossman
Old 09-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Launching!

sweet
Old 09-06-2005, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Louis
September 20th was one date thrown out, but we all know how first year production goes

Weve got 1 coming from Kerbeck for a customer, and the other from Young Chevy here in Dallas for the Bossman
Interesting, the last time he spoke with Kerbeck he was told no dates but said they would most likely get a call prior to it showing up or it was also possible that it would just show up unexpected. All we can do is wait now.

You guys got a customer awaiting one hugh, guess it won't be stock for long then.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
Ed (my pops) is comming real close to finally getting the car. The best thing is that Kerbeck will probably get some of the first cars to roll off the production line (for public sale) because GM deals the corvettes based on how many a dealer sells. It is my understanding that Kerbeck is the biggest dealer in the world. My dad is the first to take delivery of one besides the two Kerbeck brothers, and two Museum deliveries. That puts him number 5 on the list. Best part is he is paying the MSRP, NO MARK UP. I'm not a collector or anything but I would think that will give this car a little more value then the rest. Could be way off on that assumption though. Pretty damn cool either way. We'll be picking it up on the trailer from Jersey, woohoo.

Hopefully he'll have it before the shoot out. I doubt he'll run it down the track but it'll be fun just to have it there. I don't know, if everybody wants to pitch on in a "Get Ed Drunk" fund we may be able to convince him, ha ha ha.
You seem to think it is going to be worth more because it is one of the first ones built.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Chevy has over 400 of the new Z06's sitting in Bowling Green waiting to be released. On 9\8\05 there will be a meeting called a "quality valve" meeting..it is the last meeting before the release of the cars...it is something that happens with the introduction of any new car...It is to discuss if there are any engineering\manufacturing issues that need to be resolved. If there are not any issues the valve will be opened for the flow of product to the consumers..if there are issuse to deal with there will be another meeting set...usually a weeks time frame...just thought that you all would like to know how the introduction of a new vehicle works...I have my fingers crossed that there will be no issues to deal with...I have nine already built in that batch and more getting ready to be built...if they open the valve the first one could be here this time next week..
Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Checkmate
You seem to think it is going to be worth more because it is one of the first ones built.

Generally speaking anything that thousands are built of are not collector items...good example is the 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette..GM acted like it was going to be a limited production vehicle..if memory serves they built 11,634 of them..about one third of production for the 2003 model year..what a joke that was..nice car.. but not even close to being a collector car..
Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

I saw the new Car and Driver today that has it on the front cover. Just seeing the front cover makes me want to buy that issue. It has the Z06 right in the center and under it, it says Z06: New Corvette From HELL. Makes me want that car more and more.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Louis
Weve got 1 coming .... from Young Chevy here in Dallas for the Bossman
I might have to swing by to drool next to it Louis
Old 09-06-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

then how come some people are saying they have been seeing Z06's driving around and in parking lots in thier towns? i dont believe them, but i am just wondering because none have been delivered yet, correct?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by abadss
then how come some people are saying they have been seeing Z06's driving around and in parking lots in thier towns? i dont believe them, but i am just wondering because none have been delivered yet, correct?

There has been BVU's .."build verifcation units" (AKA known as test mules) out on the roads and tracks since Feb. there are preproduction units that GM people have been driving too..there have been new Z06's at all of the ALMS races this years and on the Hot Rod Power Tour, the Super Chevy Shows, the G9 F Body Gathering in Atlanta and many other shows...all of the units for retail sale are sitting on the lot at BG awaiting the results of the quality valve meeting on the 8th of this month..
Old 09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

There are several roaming around apparently as test cars.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I might have to swing by to drool next to it Louis

Unless you are a tier one dealer it will be a while before that car get there..
Old 09-06-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Not the first one built, one of the first available for public sale. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to be significant but maybe a little more, lighten up.