Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2006 Z06 Dyno with LG Pro Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Spray 250 out of the hole and watch him fall back quickly in my rearview ... anymore questions? Thanks and come back to play again scottyballs ...

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-11-2005 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niphilli
I hat it when Mags do not post MPH, ET is all about skill, MPH is all about power.
When I'm watching a car at the track, I look at the trap speed before I look at the ET.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Depends on what sort of potential you're looking at. Shear horsepower potential probably favors the Viper. Overall potential may well favor the Z06 (when you consider weight, chassis, aero, etc). But its really a moot point anyway because we all know that "potential" is simply a function of $$. Anything has potential if you throw enough money at it. The real question is "how much are you getting for what you spend?" Clearly the Z06 is the winner in that category.
Well potential in my eyes is all in opinion. You could say potential and refer to many different things. Looks, hp, track times etc. I'm with Fulton on his comment that the Viper would probably be favored in HP. Actually I know it is. Not sure if you all have heard of a company called UnderGroundRacing out of Charlotte or not but I have been to their shop and all I can say is WOW! They have pumped out several Vipers that maxed out their 1500rwhp dyno. And when I say Maxed I mean Maxed. I saw one that maxed the dyno in the 3000 rpm range with both torque and hp. Not that I am bashing the vette because I love it, it's just the Viper takes the cake in this area. You ahould check them out....undergroundracing.com
Old 10-10-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Wink

Spinmonster, I was turned the wrong way about the Mustang Cobra Vs Corvette subjective opinions...

First of all... I totally think the 03-04 Terminators are bad assed engines, but you said they put out such(x) and such(y) power level for $20k less than a vette.. How can you compare full car prices for just what the engines offers? You must not have drivin many mustangs, they feel cheap compared to vettes.. The overall price you are paying is for the WHOLE car not just under the hood and should be compared as such. If you compared the whole Corvette to the whole mustang, you would be wasting your time. There is no comparison, the Corvette has incorporated much better technology all around. As far as the engine, sure add $20k to the stang and it will out-perform the vette, but thats irrelevant. Take a golf cart and add $40-$60k and smoke alot of "fast" cars. There will always be faster. Stock vs Stock the stang does hold its own, but give credit where credit is due.

Its too early to be so subjective. Around here, you will be nagged as you have seen. I dont for one second say you dont know what your talking, but as you know more than me 10 fold, but being so subjective will get you a headache and 4 hours of replies to reply to! Good luck with your cars, and hopefully we will all be pleasantly suprised w/ what the Z06 can put out.

I am so happy to see GM finallly did something cool. They really needed to come up big with the new Z06 as ford and Dodge had been out of reach with their STOCK Vipers, and the GT. The new Z06 puts shame to the SRT-10, and runs just behind the GT that does cost $100,xxx (alot more, but dont want to exagerate) for $65,000! (base) To have a car with so much performance that beats many Ferrari's, Porshes, and ranks up with the $150,xxx-$800,000 cars is out of this world. Granted the Z06's have a steep markup at some places now, it will tame itself as the market matures. The GTOs even had markups for the 04 models and now look at them. This will never happen to the vettes, but you get the idea.

I am curious how long it will take for them to put this LS7 in other models? two-three years? I would compare it to the LS6 of the Z06? How long was the LS6 exclusively in the Z06? Just something to think about... If you made it to the end of my ramblings, please feel free to correct me, or add your thoughts! P.S. I am in love with the C6 Z06
Old 10-10-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by niphilli
I hat it when Mags do not post MPH, ET is all about skill, MPH is all about power.
Absolutely agree. Hopefully some of the other rags will run this same comparison with more thorough information. If in fact the Z06 competes this well with the GT at less than half the price, its going to be something.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spray 250 out of the hole and watch him fall back quickly in my rearview ... anymore questions? Thanks and come back to play again scottyballs ...
uhhhh your 3500lb fbod is gonna spray 250 against a head/cam/bolt-on zo6...and win? so your putting out 650+ at the wheels? interesting.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did LG dyno this with out the Restrictive Air cleaner? I don't remember see'ing anything about that. Would be interesting to see results if they didn't. Another thread picked up 20 RWHP from the Air cleaner removal.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

when a stock one pulls up beside me and I beat him or her, well, all that **** falls by the wayside and matters NONE. Of course, a little spray never hurt noone ...
and what will you do when a cam only bolt on pulls up next to you..
JAvenger007 > uhhhh your 3500lb fbod is gonna spray 250 against a head/cam/bolt-on zo6...and win? so your putting out 650+ at the wheels? interesting.

UHHHH ... where did you get I was talking about a heads/cam/full bolt-on Z06? I wasn't, but, yes when my motor is finished, I believe it should hold it's own spraying 250 against a heads/cam/bolt-on Z06. Do you think a bolt-on heads/cam Z06 will be making 650+ at the back corners?

If so, do you think it will get any kind of traction weighing in at 3100 lbs ... would be so much wheel spin ... would have to be on drag radials with the **** heated out of them or slicks to get a dig. Plus, it's said that the TM system is it's biggest weakness.

Thanks and come back to play again ...

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-11-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

JEB sounds pissed cause he cant afford one.. join the club and quit bitchin! so what do you think is going to happen when the Z06 slaps on a 250 shot we could go on forever just drop it
Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Retired, degree'd, and Cisco certified, so, I'd say the money's there.

Yeah, whoever spends the most money usually gets the fastest ride ... funny how that works ... takes a G.E.D. to figure that one out ... ... guess that leaves you out Camaroz.

Camaroz = dumb **** 101 ...

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-11-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice job editing your post I liked the 1st one better
Retired, degree'd, and Cisco certified, so, I'd say the money's there and would love to have one, but, not sensible to me to spend that kind of money for one when someone in a F-Body would just spray on me and then cause me to have to go spend another $20,000 to beat him in my Z06. Besides, If I owned a Z06 and F-Body's come up to race me, I'd smile and just wave them off because I'm not arrogant ... wouldn't **** up a beautiful ride like that by street-racing it.
Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Camaroz = dumb **** 101
CamaroZ ooo ouch my feelings! Captalize the Z next time its not pronounced Camarozzzz
Old 10-12-2005, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by supercoupe01
500 rwhp from a 427 engine that will pass emissions and still be under warranty with only bolt ons and tuning is simply amazing. That must be one set of killer heads. I think GM has done a great job on this car.
Nah man, what is amazing is that awesome 67 camaro sitting in front of the C5 in your sig.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
how many 400+ cube ls1's making over 500rwhp are emissions legal??? hmm....ZERO? it is a production motor...they have to abide by laws....yes(LAWS) to release a car to the public...
You mean like this one

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/388006-ls2-402-dyno-sheet-just-installed-my-z06.html

Actually if it wasn't for the pistons, it looks like a great package. Impressive to see 20rwhp just from the air cleaner. If they could do that with a 50 dollar K&N why didn't they. Is it just an easy way to introduce more HP numbers to the next years market? I'm sad to see I was right about one thing; this car has hit the dealers and they are asking 15K on average over MSRP. Sux.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
You mean like this one

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388006

Actually if it wasn't for the pistons, it looks like a great package. Impressive to see 20rwhp just from the air cleaner. If they could do that with a 50 dollar K&N why didn't they. Is it just an easy way to introduce more HP numbers to the next years market? I'm sad to see I was right about one thing; this car has hit the dealers and they are asking 15K on average over MSRP. Sux.
just because it has cats doesn't mean it will pass emissions testing required for a new vehicle...

it could pass an inspection yes
Old 10-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
Nah man, what is amazing is that awesome 67 camaro sitting in front of the C5 in your sig.
If I could take the handling, air conditioning, 12 CD player, and the 447 from the vette and put it into the 67, now that would be a car.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RaRe99SS
Spinmonster, I was turned the wrong way about the Mustang Cobra Vs Corvette subjective opinions...

First of all... I totally think the 03-04 Terminators are bad assed engines, but you said they put out such(x) and such(y) power level for $20k less than a vette.. How can you compare full car prices for just what the engines offers? You must not have drivin many mustangs, they feel cheap compared to vettes:
First off, go read my post again and don't put words in my mouth.
I don't like mustangs. I love the corvette (I have a C5 and a C6) and the Z06. I NEVER said anything about engine power levels or anything positive about any mustang performance. I SAID THIS:

The mustang cobra for 20k less comes with superior parts in the shortblock. I was, and am now ONLY REFERING TO THE **** PISTONS THE Z06 has for what is actually a 85K car when you get one from a greedy dealer. So, my point: if a crappy cobra can use forged pistons and pass emmisions, then why doesn't the amazing GM flagship. If the Z06 had a removeable roof and was available for the sane sticker price I would trade in my modded C6 for one. Since it is 35k more than I paid for mine, I'll stick with my car and its measly forged motor build-up.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
just because it has cats doesn't mean it will pass emissions testing required for a new vehicle...

it could pass an inspection yes
It did pass emissions...ie SMOG legal. My C5 with gutted cats passed emissions too.....with forged pistons.

My brother got 644 to the wheels with cats and passed the sniffer too.

Last edited by Spinmonster; 10-12-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by supercoupe01
If I could take the handling, air conditioning, 12 CD player, and the 447 from the vette and put it into the 67, now that would be a car.
Is it a stock car? If not, the BMR website has lots of parts for that car to bring the handling into the 21st century

Last edited by Spinmonster; 10-12-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Lets assume someone did manage to get a sprayed FBODY out in front of a stock Z06. It wouldn't be by that much, maybe a second in the quarter mile?

with 427 cubes and a mild cam, a stock manifold and headers, I dont' see how you'd have to spend 20 grand on your vette to get that second back.

port the manifold, increase your cam duration by 10-15 degrees, get long tube headers, and retune you PCM.

That should be good for more than a second, and cost what, like 5-8 grand? 10 grand tops.

plus you've still got driveability, and ur not gonna throw a rod or blow a head gasket with your sega-nintendo inspired arcade game NOS junk.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NewportGeek
Lets assume someone did manage to get a sprayed FBODY out in front of a stock Z06. It wouldn't be by that much, maybe a second in the quarter mile?

MANAGE?? You know how many F-bodies there are in the 9's?

with 427 cubes and a mild cam, a stock manifold and headers, I dont' see how you'd have to spend 20 grand on your vette to get that second back.

At nearly 85 grand with the dealer tax...you already did.

port the manifold, increase your cam duration by 10-15 degrees, get long tube headers, and retune you PCM.

That should be good for more than a second, and cost what, like 5-8 grand? 10 grand tops.

So 95k to get back in front?

plus you've still got driveability, and ur not gonna throw a rod or blow a head gasket with your sega-nintendo inspired arcade game NOS junk.

Once you start modding, all bets are off.....
The Z06 rocks.

Quick Reply: 2006 Z06 Dyno with LG Pro Long Tube Headers