Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2006 Z06 Dyno with LG Pro Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Now who's pissed and whining ...

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Nice job editing your post I liked the 1st one better

CamaroZ ooo ouch my feelings! Captalize the Z next time its not pronounced Camarozzzz
Yeah ... we do have the ab ility to edit posts ... brilliant w observation ... peanuthead ...
Old 10-13-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

A second in the 1/4 is a lot. Trap speed is what to look for ... IMHO ... anyone agree?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
A second in the 1/4 is a lot. Trap speed is what to look for ... IMHO ... anyone agree?

Of course.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewportGeek
Lets assume someone did manage to get a sprayed FBODY out in front of a stock Z06. It wouldn't be by that much, maybe a second in the quarter mile?

I my mind, it's vital to remember the LS7 C6 is a STOCK car. Its currently about the fastest thing you can buy for any reasonable sum (i.e., no Ferrari price). My one worry is just how much "cheap" potential it has: it already has CNC's heads, etc. I think it will be a bit more expensive to add power to it than on an F-body or a standard C5 or C6. but then it is starting out ahead. I'm mentioned before that I have a built C5R in my car and I figure the new ZO6 will do just a bit better than that (dry sump, bigger valves, it should), when it has headers and a cam in it. I've heard of 540 RWHP from them (i got 507 from a good "grandfather" cam) so I would expect 555-565.

And of course, a bottle kit will fit it as well as an F-body.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Spray 250 out of the hole and watch him fall back quickly in my rearview ... anymore questions? Thanks and come back to play again scottyballs ...

Yeah ok so when you pull up at a light and one pulls up next to you your going to get out your car run around and turn your bottle on, then pop your hood to put in 250 jets and then run him before the light turns green? OH nevermind you run 250's on the street all the time, and have a remote bottle opener and endless suply of NOS! your a fuking tool LMAO!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

SCOTTYBALLS ... Yeah ok so when you pull up at a light and one pulls up next to you your going to get out your car run around and turn your bottle on, then pop your hood to put in 250 jets and then run him before the light turns green?
No, I'll kill him with my 100-shot! Remember, he's stock or near-stock.

I don't think ANYONE can reasonably argue that the new C6 '06 Z06 is not the best value you can find in a car. It's awesome and has much potential, but, as was indicated my Spinmonster, it's only a 427. It's a Corvette Racing team designed street car ... niiiiiice ... and fast!!! Instead of buying one, I chose to put a lesser amount of money into my TA and make it fast.

Now, let's be realistic instead of all these WHAT IF's:

(1) How many people are going to mod the new Corvette to accomplish 550+RWHP ... knowing that the things talked about here are going to immediately void the warranty on the thing.
(2) How many people realistically are going to put a big nitrous kit to spray the warranty right out the exhaust tips?
(3) And how many people are going to really give a **** if you pull up to them and try to race them in a F-Body? Most will just laugh at you because they're arrogant ***** and they could care less what you have because they have the 'cream of the crop' z06 that cost them money most of us cannot afford. Of course the few good people will just wave you off and maybe give you a thumbs-up for having a fast F-Body.

So who really cares WHAT one or two indivduals will do to a brand new Z06 to beat an F-Body? It just shows me they have a very small dick and will NEVER mod their cars enough to beat some of these monster F-Bodies ... no matter how hard they try ... even those are few and far between ... you know ... the low 9-second or better F-Body's right here on this board.

When one pulls up beside me at a light, what will I do? I'll race him or her if they want to race ... I'll get beat if it's one of these SUPER-modded Z06's with $20,000 worth of engine work and nitrous .... just curious to see how many of them will pull up beside me at a light next week wanting to race.

Oh yeah ... and I certainly wouldn't feel bad to get beat by a car like that ... but I don't think it's gonna' ...

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-14-2005 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Add Text
Old 10-14-2005, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

I can agree with you there.. there wont be very many moded zo6's, but the potential of the car is just sick when you think about.. Im just pumped that GM finally put out a monster that can hang with just about anything out there (stock for stock) and did this with no FI...
Old 10-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scottyballs
I can agree with you there.. there wont be very many moded zo6's, but the potential of the car is just sick when you think about.. Im just pumped that GM finally put out a monster that can hang with just about anything out there (stock for stock) and did this with no FI...
My guess is there are going to be alot of Z's modded with headers, intakes and cams once the tuning software comes out. Won't need much more than that.

Even with a small cam the car should get close to 550 rwhp. With what it weighs and how it handles, it is going to be one bad *** car.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Scottyballs ... agreed man. I was up at NLP checking on my motor build. They're already seeing several NEW Z06's (already) which are in for headwork and cam installs ... plus a major array of bolt-ons. It's gonna' take a LOT of juice to hang with them. These things are going to be a nightmare to try and keep up with.

ME and the TA gotta' lose some weight ... LOL!!!

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-14-2005 at 05:55 PM. Reason: miswording
Old 10-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Does NLP have a site? No luck on a search.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

WWW.NLPERFORMANCE.COM is their site. They do great work.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

sick!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:18 AM
Var
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
It did pass emissions...ie SMOG legal. My C5 with gutted cats passed emissions too.....with forged pistons.

My brother got 644 to the wheels with cats and passed the sniffer too.

Cars go through different emission standards before they are avaliable to the public. It's completely different from a smog check.... For example the cats have a required light off time, let's say 30 seconds, in which time they have to be working from a cold start. Cold start emissions arent tested for in a smog check.

Quick Reply: 2006 Z06 Dyno with LG Pro Long Tube Headers