Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

boosted L76/L92 setup possible?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosted L76/L92 setup possible?

just wondering if it would be benefical to boost a 408 with the L92/L76 setup instead of me N20 and large caming my setup

im not sure if the spilt in the heads would favor boost
Old 11-01-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

umm.. its not like you're going to make any less power by having better flowing heads... lol.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

From what I have noticed they don't flow the best on the exhaust side. People are talking about huge splits in their cams to equate for this which IMO would be bad for a forced induction set up. Even Nitrous as well to a degree. With a forced induction car you need to have flow on the exhaust side because the intake is already being provided by the booast. That's why most blower grind cams have a big split in the first place. Their are heads out their that flow as good but they are more expensive. But if your running any type of turbo or blower you better not be worried about price.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

you could always have them ported on the exhaust side only.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slow trap
you could always have them ported on the exhaust side only.
You could also beat off until your ready to bust a nut and then just stop....But why would you do that.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quik
just wondering if it would be benefical to boost a 408 with the L92/L76 setup instead of me N20 and large caming my setup

im not sure if the spilt in the heads would favor boost
Just do a mild cleanup on the exhaust side. It would take little work to get another 15 cfm out of the exhaust side.

Nate
Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Junkie

heres my point.

they dont flow any WORSE on the exhaust side.

so while in a forced induction setup, you usually dont need less intake restriction, it sure doesnt hurt.
and the exhaust ports are not worse then other conventional heads...

just because the intake is much better, and the exhaust isnt better by the same degree, doesnt mean it sucks.

if nothing else, you can flow the same intake CFM at less pressure, and thats a good thing.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a thread awhile back that said the l92 heads would be a good head for NA Supercharged, and a nitrous setup. But as fot a turbo the exhaust just doesnt flow enough.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by StreetnStrip
There was a thread awhile back that said the l92 heads would be a good head for NA Supercharged, and a nitrous setup. But as fot a turbo the exhaust just doesnt flow enough.

yea.. thats why we cant turbo any of the LS1 cars. the exhaust doesnt flow enough...

the exhaust flows the same as all the other LS1 heads.
maybe theres some intake to exhaust ratio magic im not aware of (if so, someone please explain it to me)...

but what i see is this:
take a LS1 head.
make the intake port less restrictive.
make the intake manifold less restrictive.

thats it.
i can see that making boost pressure going down, with the same volume of air going in... and that means lower intake air temps and greater engine efficiency... right?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
yea.. thats why we cant turbo any of the LS1 cars. the exhaust doesnt flow enough...

maybe theres some intake to exhaust ratio magic im not aware of (if so, someone please explain it to me)...

but what i see is this:
take a LS1 head.

thats it.
i can see that making boost pressure going down, with the same volume of air going in... and that means lower intake air temps and greater engine efficiency... right?
There was a thread somewhere saying that these heads werent good for turbo cars but NA, Nitrous, or Supercharged cars they would work perfect witout any work. Since u know it all post up an explanation.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

There was a thread somewhere saying that these heads werent good for turbo cars but NA, Nitrous, or Supercharged cars they would work perfect witout any work. Since u know it all post up an explanation.

but what i see is this:
take a LS1 head.

thats it.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:43 AM

I want results from someone who knows what there talking about not some jackass behind a keyboard who has nothing better to do with his life besides argue with people on the internet.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:59 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

we're building one for our turbo c6, I think the heads will be awesome with some boost!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
we're building one for our turbo c6, I think the heads will be awesome with some boost!
Thats cool but at the begining when the heads were flowed they said they werent a good head to use with a turbo. They were sayin u needed to do some work on the exhaust for them to work.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

I want results from someone who knows what there talking about not some jackass behind a keyboard who has nothing better to do with his life besides argue with people on the internet.

and i want some data too.
heck, it would be nice to even see some NA stuff... theres more flowbench data on this topend then dyno or track data.

you havent done it, i havent done it... so get off your high horse, read my damn post and either answer the question or not.. but im not going to sit here and dual it out with you, just because you misread my post... twice. even after i bolded the question part.

i have yet to argue with anyone in this thread.. so dont try to start **** by taking anything personally.... dont like the way i phrase things? sorry... ive been that way my whole life... i dont always phrase, ask, or present things in a conventional manner... either learn to deal with it.. or block my posts..
this will be my last and only post directed toward you on the subject. even if i quote you again, it will be purly the subject on hand, and not any past bullshit. this is a tech site.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my setup will also be boosted, using l92 heads
but they will have cleaned up exhaust ports and a good head porter that i know is experimenting with turning down some ls6 sodium filled 2.00 in. valves down to 1.625 or the like, to replace the 1.59 exhaust valves
seems like it will work to me
Old 11-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by NemeSS
my setup will also be boosted, using l92 heads
but they will have cleaned up exhaust ports and a good head porter that i know is experimenting with turning down some ls6 sodium filled 2.00 in. valves down to 1.625 or the like, to replace the 1.59 exhaust valves
seems like it will work to me
it will but I know we talked about the boosted application needed bigger exhaust valves just like ur doing.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:50 PM

and i want some data too.
heck, it would be nice to even see some NA stuff... theres more flowbench data on this topend then dyno or track data.

you havent done it, i havent done it... so get off your high horse, read my damn post and either answer the question or not.. but im not going to sit here and dual it out with you, just because you misread my post... twice. even after i bolded the question part.

i have yet to argue with anyone in this thread.. so dont try to start **** by taking anything personally.... dont like the way i phrase things? sorry... ive been that way my whole life... i dont always phrase, ask, or present things in a conventional manner... either learn to deal with it.. or block my posts..
this will be my last and only post directed toward you on the subject. even if i quote you again, it will be purly the subject on hand, and not any past bullshit. this is a tech site.
I love guys like u who either have there noses in a book or there nose in someone ***
Old 11-09-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love guys like you who quote... We, they, there was.....with no links to the said post that you are talking about or you providing more technical info on the subject at hand. You are just regurgitating what you've read here on tech. That doesn't make you any more knowledgable about this subject than Mr Dude_1.

Stop the trolling or you will be taking a break from 'tech.

Now back on track and no more threadjacking......i'm trying to learn more about these new heads and a potential new set up for my Formula.

Joseph, any more info on your C6? Find any heads that I'd be interested in PM me or hit me up in the mod/admin lounge.

Quick Reply: boosted L76/L92 setup possible?