Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 Head Has Been Outdone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LILS
Yeah, the DOHC LT5 from the ZR1 evolved into the Cadillac Northstar engines, and is still going strong. What was your point, and how does it relate to 32-valve pushrod engines?
Not hardly! Completely different engines. Well they are both 32-valve 90° V8s sold by GM.

Jon
Old 08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely different in terms of no common parts, but there have been several reports that the design of the Northstar was heavily influenced by GM's experience working with Lotus on the LT5.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Completely different in terms of no common parts, but there have been several reports that the design of the Northstar was heavily influenced by GM's experience working with Lotus on the LT5.
And the LS1 was influenced by old SBCs. They share common bore spacing.

Yeah, both of the motors were built on experience with previous motors, but that doesn't make the design influenced by.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK. Have you looked at the two engines internals side by side? Compare them to almost any DOHC 4-valve V8 and you'd see similarities, and significant differences. Every OEM tears down engines fro every other OEM. Sometimes they adopt ideas, sometimes they find things to stay away from.

Evidently the head guy at GM who did the LS1, etc. didn't copy too many other engines.

Jon
Old 08-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Staging Lane

Whatever.

The real question, though, was what does a discussion of any of these DOHC 32v engines have to do with the pushrod Arao LSx heads? Or is all of this just OT?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Too bad, I really think some numbers would have been awesome. The idea of a 400WHP M6 F-Bod on stock manifolds is pretty interesting.

I just dont see how a single cam can handle 4Vs per cylinder well in a block designed for a 2V head.

But...what if we had a slightly longer block, designed for a cam with more lobes, to handle a 4V head. Probably the off-sets would just be crazy, with pushrods goingto the head at some weird and dangerous angles.

Pipe-dream mode off.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
OK. Have you looked at the two engines internals side by side? Compare them to almost any DOHC 4-valve V8 and you'd see similarities, and significant differences. Every OEM tears down engines fro every other OEM. Sometimes they adopt ideas, sometimes they find things to stay away from.

Evidently the head guy at GM who did the LS1, etc. didn't copy too many other engines.

Jon
That's because the engineers at GM have a proven track record of technological expertise with these types of engines. (ie small block chevy)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Launching!

The LT5 is a great motor. Its just rare and thus harder to keep running and mod. Those things can be seriously freaky when modded. The fact that it took about a decade for the best OHV engine manufacurer in the world to get a same CI engine to the same power on a production car says a lot. Especially when you consider the massive improvements in tech available in that period and the amount of competiton that arose starting in the 90s.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stroker396
I regret to announce that I will no longer be working with Arao Engineering or Russ. He has proven his critics correct. Despite my best efforts I have had a difficult time in communicating with him. I tried very hard to help take of some orders that preceded my involvement with the company to no avail. I was even lied to on one occasion which was enough to seal the deal.

Russ seems to be bombarded by people stopping in his shop daily and seems to concern himself with the work that is in front of him. In otherwords with all the local speed shops nearby, if a client drops of a car for an install that seems to be his concern and priority.

Upon my last visit all the valvetrain components were in the process of being manufactured for the LS series heads and likely the first 5 to 10 sets will be completed and ready to be sold and shipped in several months.

I would recommend to anyone wishing to purchase a set of these heads to do so through another source such as Nelson who is 1. close by and can insure progress 2. can be trusted.

The product is bar none the best on the market, however the company is lacking in customer service and delivery.
i am not surprised one bit. once i saw these heads become actual prototypes i knew it was going to be the same thing. i thought to myself if russ will **** up a marine style head backed by a major company with big sponsors willing to drop large amounts of cash he can **** this up. hell he should have been building those heads when he found the time to do these ls1 heads.....something i had brought up to him about 2-3 years ago BTW. but thats another story. i find it amazing he's even in business with such a shitty rep and ethics.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So that means these 4v heads are a non-entity?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RC45
So that means these 4v heads are a non-entity?
pie in the sky, unicorn, etc. etc.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

They are coming along, Russ has a good portion of the valvetrain parts manufactured already. It will still be some months likely before any are ready to be sold.

I am tired of his lip service and have put an end to our relationship.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Dear LS1tech Forum members, Re; ARAO ENGINEERING INC, I cannot bite my tongue no longer..............On Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:26 PM I Kevin Gall made contact with a company located in California U.S.A. The company is Arao Engineering Inc. the owner is Russell Arao. In my contact email to Arao i enquired about a special order set of FORD Aluminum racing cylinder heads - a product Arao advertises & manufactures. After receiving a reply and several emails i decided to place an order with Arao. The product is special order Automotive cylinder heads to suit a Ford V8 for racing use at a quoted total cost of USD $11,000.00 manufacturing leadtime Arao states of 90days for special orders. On 31st January 2006 payment via Int'l Bank Wire of USD $5,500.00 & 6th February 2006 USD $5,500.00 was completed in FULL to Arao Engineering Inc. Bank account. After several more emails to finalize details and special requests i was informed by Arao were engaged and going. After some waiting i emailed Arao on Friday, June 02, 2006 12:39 AM to ask if everything was on track, i received a response back from Arao that everything was fine and on track. Again after more waiting On Friday, September 15, 2006 03:05:42 i asked via email a good friend of mine that owns a reputable drag racing supplies shop located in Whittier, CA U.S.A. to contact Arao by telephone. He spoke with Russell Arao and he stated to he was waiting on parts from an outside supplier - hence the delay. In months to come i have made ALOT repeated more attempts in writing, faxes, calls, emails to receive a date from Arao for finalizing and completion of my special order. I still have not received a date at which my order will be finished. As of today Sunday, August 26th, 2007 i have not received my order from Arao Engineering Inc. I believe i have been patient and understanding and more than reasonable considering that Arao has not delivered as promised 90days to manufacture. From my personal dealings I heavily caution anybody wishing to part with their money to purchase from a disreputable company like Arao Engineering Inc. All the best people, Kev.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Teching In

This probably is the wrong forum but it's relevant to everyone here I think people can only take so much lies and promises, if anyone has anything to add about Russell Arao - Arao Engineering Inc please fwd it to myself billetracing@optusnet dot com dot au.... it will be treated completely confidential, or even better you could send it to C.A dept of Justice ,The office of the Attorney General C.A... c'mon guys it's 2007 i think its time the walls come crashing in on Arao Engineering Inc. Russell Arao. before he scams anymore $$$$ from unsuspecting people!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
I wouldn't get to reve'd up about them. They did this with the LT-1 stuff a few years ago. I think maybe one set made it out. I doubt they will ever surface in the hands of the average guy.
Correct sir, the heads that made it out went on an original LT-4 white/hugger stripes, procharged 396 97 SS here in AZ. I've seen the car in person and it still to this day does NOT run correctly. The car at idle smokes like a S.O.B and any type of throttle and the car looks like a damn diesel pushing 100+psi. It moves out pretty good and sounds a little different but still not worth all the hassle of all the custom **** thats been done to make the heads fit, work properly, etc.

Last edited by lilbuddy1587; 08-28-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
FormerVendor

Russ told me about this car and said it was supposed to be coming to the shop to be tuned correctly. I was starting to think it did not exist.

If he ever gives up on those heads have him contact me my plan was to get a set.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

I have been hearing about these heads since the LT1 was the cool thing to have. I have HEARD of one person from houston that had a set it was a white LT1, his name was keven possible. However I have never seen such a car run, and just don't see it happening. They have been around for so long and knowone has seen a car running them.

UNTIL I SEE A CAR ON THE DYNO THIS IS CRAP!!!.

Thomas
Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dyno number don't mean ****.

If the car can't perform and drive on the street, then whats the point?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

May very well be, but if it damn near impossible for anyone else to get them, it is a moot point...
Old 08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
May very well be, but if it damn near impossible for anyone else to get them, it is a moot point...
I agree, I'd probably never do business with Russ Arao directly, if I wanted his stuff I'd go through someone like NRE who can get them and get support from Arao.

But its obvious that Arao heads are BADASS and work as advertised.

Quick Reply: LS7 Head Has Been Outdone!