Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Which sponsors port L92 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I want you to think about that statement. Then call Greg and tell him that. Honestly it matters to you who does the heads, because I know Greg is not the least expensive option out there.

IMHO, who does the heads is all that matters. Almost any monkey with a dremel can go to work on those heads and pick up 25 cfm, but you know what, they will lose HP. If you want to bench race, lets at least bench race HP and not flow numbers.

This was not directed at you specifically, just I have seen this attitiude quite a bit and I just can't understand it..

I never said my heads where not the "best"...... My point was that anyone who is a "sponsor" and ports heads can do a decent enough job.... I went with Greg because he "wanted" to do a set of L92's.... I recieved his expertise for a very good price. He did an AMAZING job, I dont think he would charge the same fee.

Most of these shops like Texas Speed/Livernois/WCCH's etc... can produce 355cfm/240cfm L92 heads without losing power. I trust thier work. So if you have the cash ask for the best IMO ** cough GG cough **; if not any of the above will do!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PortPros1
There is more to porting a set of heads then just the cfm total you see on a flow bench. I know Greg Good; he is one of the better head porters out there. I also consider myself one of the better head porters on this board. I think most guys get caught up in the cfm flow and forget about the quality of the work being done.
Both Greg and I do our heads by hand, I not sure about Greg but I believe like us he flows every set of heads he ports. It makes a big difference.

Greg and I compete in the Viper world as well, if you ask him you will hear good things about Port Pros LLC. The motors we build make very good power, take a look at our website we have many videos and examples of the work we do.

The cnc guys can produce a good product for less $ then us smaller shops, but everyone gets the same head. If you want something with attention to detail, a head that is ported and flowed for your car, go with me at Port Pros LLC or Greg Good. You won't be disappointed.

You will spend a bit more $ but you'll get a custom job done with your set up in mind.

Harold
Port Pros LLC
512-257-0222
Thanks Harold.. that is exactly what I meant by my statement. Hand porting on a bench vs CNC'd...... there is a difference... in both gains and $$! It all depends on what you are looking for!

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=5&gl=us

Last edited by WizeAss; 10-04-2007 at 09:56 AM.