Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

What Would it takefor a 650rwhp LSX Motor>

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quickin
But wouldn't you agree that staying away from sleeves is just a huge bonus, if the block is only $1,995?

How much is a sleeved LS2 gonna cost from start to finish?????????????????????? See what I mean?

And just think, he can pull the LSX later on, bore it bigger and it will be like the day he bought it but a brand new set-up to start with.

Cannot do that with the sleeved LS1, LS2, LS7.

I am talking about going with a forced induction LS1 or LS2...650 to the tire can be done on a stock internal motor and very very easily on a forged bottom end. If I was going to go LSX I personally would be shooting for a combo with 800 to the tire and something that doesn't mind tearing the top of the tach into shreds.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I just think an LSX motor for 650 to the tire is overkill, any # of sponsors can put together a FI LS1 or LS2 that can easily all day long get to 650 RWHP. And have pretty much stock driveability...no crazy cam's...funny idles...stock fuel mileage out of boost etc.
yeah, but you're forgetting about an important aspect, $$$$$$$

If you're not talking about supporting mods, you can get a 650hp stroker lsx for around 15k.

To do that with an ls6 or ls2 on fi would be in the 22k + range easy unless you're interested in 650 being the number where your block and bottom end is maxxed out.. Sure You can turn up the boost and make 800 with FI if you have a good flowing forged stroker... But nitrous will do the same thing + more for an lsx for another $2500. Can't beat it.

Quick Reply: What Would it takefor a 650rwhp LSX Motor>