Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

lingenfelter service

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy lingenfelter service

I am curious about the service at Lingenfelter. Has anyone had any trouble with there service department, namely promised completion dates? Reason I ask is that I have had a vehicle there for over a month on a project promised in 2-3 weeks. They keep delaying me. Anyone having similar problems? Good or bad..I just want the truth. Summer is short , and I want my ride.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Dealys happen, a part supplier can have one bad batch and then everyones schedule is scewed until the problem is corrected. It's the nature of the modding beast.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the **** over it.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If a shop says they'll have your project done on an exact date....go to another shop.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:17 PM
CNB
11 Second Club

Some things have changed over there. Find out exactly what the hold up is and decide if you still want to wait.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously, admins need to just delete this thread. Delays happen, lesson learned, now lets all say BYE BYE to this thread before another vendor bashing fiasco is started.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bye Bye!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Bought my short block from them... no problems, would definitely do business again.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Haans249
Seriously, admins need to just delete this thread. Delays happen, lesson learned, now lets all say BYE BYE to this thread before another vendor bashing fiasco is started.
BUT...IF LPE indeed PROMISED it would be done in 2-3 weeks and they've had the car double that time...LPE dropped the ball. Promise is a strong word, if a shop is going to say it, they should keep it. I'd like to know if all parts are in-house to complete his project, if it is they should have completed his job in the time period promised...if another customers parts did not come in it should have NO affect on his 2-3 week project.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bluehrnt
I am curious about the service at Lingenfelter. Has anyone had any trouble with there service department, namely promised completion dates? Reason I ask is that I have had a vehicle there for over a month on a project promised in 2-3 weeks. They keep delaying me. Anyone having similar problems? Good or bad..I just want the truth. Summer is short , and I want my ride.
first post you ever have is a bitch thread. get over it **** happens
Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, business is business, if LPE fell through on a "promised" timeline then there is probably good reason for it, and sometimes you gotta be understanding of that. I feel his pain, I've had three experiences with performance shops my whole life, and each experience was a bad one, which is why I do everything myself now. Have I gone on and posted about problems with them? No, why? Because it turns into **** creek, and this guy with ONE post (which is this thread), and posts questioning the merit of a reputable shop is not even worth the wasted time.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Seems like you are asking for simple advice.

Delays happen, call and ask them what the hold up is.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats another week or 2. Let them do it right and not rush it.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

should just ask em what the hold up is, they probably have a good reason. Nothing we say will make it happen faster!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When my car went together (427ci, FLP tranny, Strange rear-end, alot of suspension parts, Baer brakes, custom exhaust, and a dyno tune) the shop in Orlando that put it all together told me to give them 3-4 weeks to put it all together. ALL of my parts were sitting there ready and I dropped the car off...so that promise should be kept unless there's a fire in the place or everyone dies. My car was done in 3 weeks and I went to pick it up.

KYTP is gonna be doing my next project, they said it will take 3 months after the car is delivered and ALL of the parts are sitting there, but he was sure to tell me it could go 4 months, NO PROMISES. This way when it takes 4 months instead of 3 I have nothing to bitch about. Thats how shops should handle customers.

If the parts are there, a shop has no reason to break a promised delivery time that they give to the customer for that specific project.

A friend of mine had an engine and tranny installed in his car once, and when it was started for the first time and driven onto the dyno the tranny was screwed up. Not the shops fault, but the tranny was bad. So he had to wait another 10 days or so for the tranny to get sent back for repair and the new one sent out. Nothing can be done about crap like that, but then the shop can't be blamed anyway.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bluehrnt
You're not even coming back to this thread.

Call them and find out WHY they keep delaying you, or better yet make a visit to see for yourself.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

I think he was asking for advice not flaming LPE. I know that **** happens, but there is no reason for them to keep the car twice as long as promised. If there was a problem or a back order of parts then LPE should have called the owner and let them know not leave them hanging. I say call them and find out what is going on. No one should flame people for asking a question. There is no reason for people on here to act like an a$$ on their keyboard just because someone asked a question.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Wow..I think a few of you dudes work over there. Didnt mean to set anyone off..you guys have a great shop..now pretty please get back to work and finish my car. For those of you who gave me honest opinions thanks. I just had a bad feeling after 3-4 delays ( meaning everytime I call they delay it.) I was hoping for someone to say " hey there great and dont worry they are running behind and its normal" or I was curious about the quality and such. I am not trying to bash them, I am sure they are the best. Just part of me wonders why a downpayment of $7500 on april 15th for a May 1st drop date on a 2-3 week contract turns out to be May 15th " your supercharge wont be shipping till the week of May 20th." And now its June and I have had 2 more delays. So I am sorry for asking: LINGFELTER IS THE BEST!!!!, and I cant wait to get my car!!!!! There does that make you employees better? Sorry for asking. Does this count as my second posting? I promise to never post on this website again. I thought it was a forum that I could get opinions. Later dudes its been fun and I humbly apologize to everyone for my idiot question. Im a doofus.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
9 Second Club

LPE does great work but they work at thier own pace. I had one of thier supercharger packages installed on my corvette a few years ago. They ending up being a few weeks behind on my install as well. Don't worry, when you pick up your car it will exceed your expectations.