Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 LT1 wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 LT1 wiring harness

I have a 2017 LT1 engine without any wiring harness, ECM ,pedal , Fuel sensor ,vss, etc. I can purchase the engine harness $305, ECM $200, pedal $100, but I don't know if they will be the correct parts, and then having to modify the harness , reprogramming the ECM and hooking everything up.
A lot cheaper than buying a stand alone kit .

Any help, wiring diagrams , tips on procedure, would be of great assistance. I know some of you have completed this process, so please help . I can follow instructions and directions.
Fuel injection is a weak point in my skills.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
Old 02-16-2021, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by righthanddrive
I have a 2017 LT1 engine without any wiring harness, ECM ,pedal , Fuel sensor ,vss, etc. I can purchase the engine harness $305, ECM $200, pedal $100, but I don't know if they will be the correct parts, and then having to modify the harness , reprogramming the ECM and hooking everything up.
A lot cheaper than buying a stand alone kit .

Any help, wiring diagrams , tips on procedure, would be of great assistance. I know some of you have completed this process, so please help . I can follow instructions and directions.
Fuel injection is a weak point in my skills.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
Ed,

What transmission are you planning on using?

Instead of doing everything you described above, you can get a Holley Terminator X Max V2 system and have all the benefits that come with it.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...njection_kits/

Andrew
Old 02-17-2021, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Andrew

Thanks for replying.

I have an older Tremec 5 speed that I got about 8 years ago. I think what I am going to do is contact PSI Conversions and have them make up a harness for about $1500.

Whenever I look at Holley parts, they are usually fairly high priced . They can get away with it because they are almost the only game in town.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by righthanddrive
Andrew

Thanks for replying.

I have an older Tremec 5 speed that I got about 8 years ago. I think what I am going to do is contact PSI Conversions and have them make up a harness for about $1500.

Whenever I look at Holley parts, they are usually fairly high priced . They can get away with it because they are almost the only game in town.
The TerminatorX Max V2 is more than $1500, but you also get a lot more than a stock setup. You gain a wideband o2 sensor and the ability to make tuning changes yourself without getting HP tuners and all that goes along with that.

Lakewood also has a bellhousing for LT engines that will allow you to use your older Tremec... presumably it's a T3550 or a TKO?

Andrew
Old 02-17-2021, 06:13 PM
Teching In

It's a TKO 600 with.64 5th gear. I already found a flywheel for the engine that fits the '621' bellhousing and will use a hydraulic slave cylinder. The car is already hydraulic clutch due to being RHD.

I'll do a little more research into the Holley set-up before making up my mind.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2021, 06:15 PM
Teching In

TKO500 not 600
Old 03-02-2021, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Give us a call, im sure we can help you out. Terminator has it place if you need nitrous control and stuff like that. But ALL it tunes for you is the air/fuel to what you tell it to do. Most of us don't want to be full time tuners.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
The following users liked this post:
righthanddrive (04-03-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Kudos to Tony and the rest of the team for making harnesses for LS and LT swaps. I just ordered mine, and should be here in a couple of weeks. I am glad they are a sponsor of this website.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:16 AM
Teching In

I forget to mention that I purchased the wiring harness from PSI Conversions . Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (04-02-2021)

Quick Reply: 2017 LT1 wiring harness