Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012 | 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet Lord!! Someone is going to lose their job today. That is a DAMN shame...That is an actual page from the service manual.

Even with that image/picture I cannot comment on the chassis unless directed by my immediate superior.

Thanks for understanding.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-19-2012 | 11:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by H8Mac
BG, my main question is... Will this new engine be capable ( in Big Brother form) of destroying the "New" Viper? : ). I have a feeling it should, with less cubes, weight and price. Do you agree?

What I can tell you is that....We are in the HUNT to take a few titles from HYPER CARS.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-19-2012 | 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
What I can tell you is that....We are in the HUNT to take a few titles from HYPER CARS.

Bigg Gunz
This brings a SMILE to my face, a big cheezy smile!
Old 12-19-2012 | 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Bigg Gunz
while that means stupid amounts of power, it also means getting that to the ground as well as or better than those cars. are we going to see a gen3 version of the magnetic suspension?
Old 12-19-2012 | 01:37 PM
Launching!

Jalopnik posted that image a couple days ago. Dont quote me but i believe they said a gm tech posted it?
Old 12-19-2012 | 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been on forums for many years. I have read/received/contributed a lot of good information over the years. Never in that time have I found a thread with so much amazing information.

My hats off to Bigg_Gunz and GM for sharing this fascinating technical information. I have learned a huge amount. Based on what I have read in this thread the C7 is going to be an awesome platform. I'll take mine in blue...
Old 12-19-2012 | 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Bigg_Gunz, is the Gen V going to use the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the LSx platform?

I'd also love to know if there are going to be any other variants on the V6 since you say this architecture has forced induction in mind from its inception.
Old 12-19-2012 | 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WarShrike
Hey Bigg_Gunz, is the Gen V going to use the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the LSx platform?

I'd also love to know if there are going to be any other variants on the V6 since you say this architecture has forced induction in mind from its inception.
I believe that was covered already.
Old 12-19-2012 | 03:15 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BG,

Any more guidance you can give to LY6 owners as to enhancements needed to bring things alive....?

You have stated that the exhaust side is the choke point, so first and foremost a suitable exhaust system is needed along with port design. Some users have commented on the large valve and shrouding issue in a small port, almost seems like we need to install a smaller intake and larger exhaust.

Aftermarket is making big HP numbers with camshafts, but at the expense of efficiency...Tightening the LSA is not recommended under the current design due to these reversion issues....more LSA and additional life on the exhaust side possibly.
Old 12-19-2012 | 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BG, thx for your comments!! I didn't want to add that during just a few year time period I lost a house, business, my Dad and oldest son and a wife (though we can still talk with each other). Of those the $ was last on the list. I also had a 750hp bbc 67 camaro that I would dearly love to have back, but such is life. At least my other son made it back from Afghanistan.

Your explanation tells me why that 07 truck was such a dog, even with a Maggie sc on it. And perhaps why this 02 Camaro still feels low on grunt out of the corners compared to the 67.

Love all the info. You are a bad man and I attribute my scheming now to obtain a C7 "big brutha" version to your terrible influence! (you might consider asking GM about a commission with all the buzz you are creating!!). Thx dude. I might be dead broke when I retire, but at least I may have one fast/well handling mamajama to drive off into the sunset!
Old 12-19-2012 | 07:51 PM

Bigg Gunz
Thank you Bigg_Gunz!!!!

Your posts in this thread have been extremely enlightening, and greatly increase my anticipation for the C7!!!

Also, it is extremely refreshing to have you, as an Engineer, come here and share your in depth knowledge. You have not provided just puffery, but have provided engineering based facts, far beyond what we can receive anywhere else, and with far greature specificity. If you represent the new direction of GM, I am sold!!!!

The C7 will be my next vehicle purchase, or two. I really want the next Z06/ZR1 replacement (with "big brother"), but I may lease a base C7 to get me by until that is released.

Again, thank you!
Old 12-19-2012 | 08:13 PM

Bigg Gunz

2) Is GM doing anything to improve rear wheel traction on the C7 to improve 0-60 performance? Will we see some rear weight bias?Yes
Awesome!!!
Old 12-19-2012 | 10:31 PM

Some guys in the Corvette Forum are whining about the nomenclature "LT1" for various reasons: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ead-of-ls.html

I thought of a new designation: "GFE1", which stands for "Great F***ing Engine 1".
Old 12-20-2012 | 12:04 AM

As engineers we know.... that torque in first gear is what sells cars. This is also sets the pace for the first 60 ft. and nothing is more critical then the first 60ft e.t
Torque management takes and removes the soul of the car.... I am 100% against it.... What it does is turn a Grizzly into a care bear.....I got into a heated discussion with a supply engineer off the record outside of work (as this is the time where we can curse and be ourselves) we are all friends outside of work.... I do NOT like torque management systems or launch control in supercars.

You ARE NOT driving..... you're driving a pre-programmed variable that is generalized to point of question "what is skill and what is controlled performance by ECM."

Bigg Gunz
I hope that either A you are the team leader or B everyone at GM shares your views. That is spot on what a true sports car is about. Hold that line!

It's rather ridiculous that my driving simulator is more hands on driving than some of the real cars out there. Pretty soon sports cars will come out with a direction pad because they are 1/2 second faster. To these "enthusiasts" I always recommend rollercoasters: they are literally on rails, stop and accelerate like a dream, they even do flips. Leave the sports car pure!
Old 12-20-2012 | 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
I hope that either A you are the team leader or B everyone at GM shares your views. That is spot on what a true sports car is about. Hold that line!

It's rather ridiculous that my driving simulator is more hands on driving than some of the real cars out there. Pretty soon sports cars will come out with a direction pad because they are 1/2 second faster. To these "enthusiasts" I always recommend rollercoasters: they are literally on rails, stop and accelerate like a dream, they even do flips. Leave the sports car pure!
iRacing?
Old 12-20-2012 | 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by C7ZR1forT
iRacing?
Nope, GT5 + Logitech G25+camo C7> AMG S63 experience in real life.
Old 12-20-2012 | 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
Nope, GT5 + Logitech G25+camo C7> AMG S63 experience in real life.
Nice.
Old 12-20-2012 | 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VortechC5
I have been on forums for many years. I have read/received/contributed a lot of good information over the years. Never in that time have I found a thread with so much amazing information.

My hats off to Bigg_Gunz and GM for sharing this fascinating technical information. I have learned a huge amount. Based on what I have read in this thread the C7 is going to be an awesome platform. I'll take mine in blue...
Ls1Tech.com is very special there is something really great happening on this site. From the staff, admins, each & every user. It is almost like a LARGE dysfunctional and functional family and you have complex and engaged conversations with each other and even sponsors. Just WOW at that and how the times have changed, LS1tech.com is absolutely amazing and a spider web like of communications and it works!

All of the big 3 knows about this site and watches it very closely. Why? RAW DATA and it's completely untouched/unpolished/not tampered with..... anything less than raw data is useless.

Because engineers know that in the chain of command within our organization & many others like our organization know often the truth & original message concern of a customer or potential client is lost or polished by the chain of command aka managers etc.

This happens in the corporate world all the time and for sure it happens in the aftermarkets.
When the legit concerns of the customers are DOWN PLAYED and rewritten to be polite to executives/directors eyes...the brand becomes arrogant and ignorant.

It will FAIL under poor leadership. Each and every one of you have felt it at some point in time in your search for a service or product.... YOU JUST KNOW IT AS (BEING OUT OF TOUCH). You think to yourself these people/business are so out of touch. Then you move on to something or someone else.

So that company/business/brand becomes out of touch with the customers and starts producing things they don't need or want... Any of you reading this now can name at least 10 businesses that are out of touch. (PLEASE DO NOT NAME THEM).

But by the time the message reaches us engineers/innovators, its been polished so much that usually it doesn't warrant a additional review. We cannot do anything or react, if the message we receive has no critical information.

No one likes to carry bad news this is why they polish the message in the corporate world.

So teams are formed and sent to sniff out the real missing data. On here we found a very LARGE missing piece of the puzzle we found the squeaking wheel of performance. Your concerns are noted and then reports are formed by engineers for presentations. Legit concerns, updates, problems, and your suggestion are taken very seriously around the round table.

Just because other engineers and teams doesn't respond or reply back or login, they read you loud and clear. All BIG 3 are here I can 100% assure they are if you make enough noise in the proper fashion. You can control the direction of performance and power train.

Chassis Design, Interior etc are carried out by other divisions so don't waste your time on that But Performance and Power train you can control.....

I respect each and every one of you, you guys are invaluable keep us on our toes and doing our best. We root for the little guys...they guys that have small budgets or no budgets. Anyone with a bottomless bank account can make + 2000HP. The playing field for the little guy isn't even...Engineers are ALWAYS for the little guys.

The way you guys take these OEM parts modify them in ways never thought and make tremendous power output, or the way you guys rewire/reverse engineer systems and make them play nicely together. Is amazing... a lot of you up & coming guys would make great engineers. You are naturally curious and ask all the right questions.

On slow days we sit and smile at what you guys are able to pull off in 600.00 or less, or they way you take common hand tools and build great motors. You GUYS ROCK!! I mean that we can't give you money or secrets, but us engineers can be sneaky & leave high amounts of power on the table for you to harvest and so far you guys are finding your gifts from us.

The 2014 LT1 will be NO different, you Hot Rodders are going to adore this thing we created. We left some dinner on the table.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-20-2012 | 09:00 AM
Banned

I just want to let everyone know that sent me your emails you've been entered in for the giveaway.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-20-2012 | 09:54 AM
Teching In

thanks dude!

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block