Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WarShrike
Hey Bigg_Gunz, is the Gen V going to use the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the LSx platform?

I'd also love to know if there are going to be any other variants on the V6 since you say this architecture has forced induction in mind from its inception.
This particular V6 will not see force induction from the OEM stand point. The aftermarket will have to fill that niche.

The bell housing will be the same bolt pattern.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
while that means stupid amounts of power, it also means getting that to the ground as well as or better than those cars. are we going to see a gen3 version of the magnetic suspension?

You can expect magnetic suspension yes.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 68steiny
BG,

Any more guidance you can give to LY6 owners as to enhancements needed to bring things alive....?

You have stated that the exhaust side is the choke point, so first and foremost a suitable exhaust system is needed along with port design. Some users have commented on the large valve and shrouding issue in a small port, almost seems like we need to install a smaller intake and larger exhaust.

Aftermarket is making big HP numbers with camshafts, but at the expense of efficiency...Tightening the LSA is not recommended under the current design due to these reversion issues....more LSA and additional life on the exhaust side possibly.
The 6.0 VVT is full of latent performance. The aftermarket is picking the low hanging fruit which is just delete the VVT rather than research and develop it. I urge anyone with a laptop and spread sheet. Take your data logs and get to work on finding out what is occurring in VVT. And here is your path to start... Under certain conditions a pre ignition event occur when modified at a certain point. Figure out why it is occurring, understand it, then look for ways to solve it. Yes this will be challenging... I WILL NOT SAY MORE THAN THIS SO DO NOT ASK!!

There is enough information in this thread alone to solve the problem with VVT and make someone a MILLIONAIRE easily.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Banned

Everyone is REGISTERED for the engine's give away

Last day at work before the long holiday season, TGIF as well! Slow day so I'll be on here with you guys.

Today is the day to ask your questions over the next 2 weeks I'll be vacation with the wife and kids. no access to laptops or cell phones says the wife. So I won't be able to log in over the next 2 weeks after today. If you have a question please ask no question is too small or large.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
As I've stated before the VVT 6.0's only need two developments in the aftermarket. However in my position, dealing with work ethics, proprietary patents, non competes, etc. I am NOT at liberty to state those needed developments. The aftermarket has to step up and develop what is truly needed, the sooner the better. VVT isn't going away...and VVC is coming soon and is extremely complex over vvt. So the aftermarket has to come through for you hot rodders to unleash the true power potential of VVT. However any information pertaining to development of parts in detail,critical processes, data logs, etc will not be allowed. Please understand my position.

The block is solid .......night and day difference in terms of stiff and increased strength. It has to be for several reasons. The greatest achieve in the Gen 5 engine? The entire engine... this is the last v8 you'll ever see NOT only from GM but the other major automotive companies as well. This one will leave a legacy unchallenged we are sure of it.

Knowing that this would be the last V8 to be developed. We went all out and really didn't leave anything on the table. The greatest achievement of this engine is output is ground breaking and shattering depending on the level of performance we deem for a vehicle.
This is unquestionable, and this is by an lunar orbit the best engine to ever leave GM. And Three valve could still happen it is developed and real world proven. However we don't make the decision on what makes it into production.

From an engineering stand point my question to you is why would you want to bore this potential engine out? Why would you want to stroke it?

Bigg Gunz
Really? I cant imagine how they would can v8's all together? Will FI v6s fill that niche going forward? Like the ford ecoboost in the F150?

Could we see a smaller displacement engine in the C7s lifecycle? Will we see something with 4 cylinders debut in a car like the camaro and corvette?

What info do you need for that engine give away?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

So we'll be left for 2 weeks in the dark

The only question I have is when is big brother coming? I know you can't much, but would its release period be similar to C5 Z06 (i.e. 3.5 years after base C5 LS1), or similar to C6 Z06 (i.e. 1 year after base C6 LS2)?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrob56
Really? I cant imagine how they would can v8's all together? Will FI v6s fill that niche going forward? Like the ford ecoboost in the F150?

Could we see a smaller displacement engine in the C7s lifecycle? Will we see something with 4 cylinders debut in a car like the camaro and corvette?

What info do you need for that engine give away?

No need to worry the death of the V8 will be in about 2019-2020'ish. About 8 years away... give or take 1 year depending on regulations. The V8 has had an incredible run you have to admit.

We have a engine that is smaller more powerful up TOP than the current 6.2 Gen V that I personally feel should have went into the base C7. However torque slightly suffered below 2,000 RPM's so that was the engine wasn't deemed worthy.. so that was the end of that discussion. The 6.2 liter was chosen only because of the ability it had to render monster torque below 2,000 RPM's as this is the sweet spot for everyday use.

All that is needed is your email...if you're picked someone will contact you requesting full shipping information.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by xxxhp
So we'll be left for 2 weeks in the dark

The only question I have is when is big brother coming? I know you can't much, but would its release period be similar to C5 Z06 (i.e. 3.5 years after base C5 LS1), or similar to C6 Z06 (i.e. 1 year after base C6 LS2)?

No comment as we continue further & on going testing.

Bigg gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it too late to enter in the giveaway?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

Its not too late ... feel free to send ur email in a pm. Today is the last day I'll personally be doing it. Before the company goes public with it.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Bigg_Gunz,

Much earlier in the thread, a few weeks ago, you spent much time discussing the issue with exhaust back pressure and EGT. Adding turbos will change the exhaust flow. So, is it correct to assume that big brother is supercharged?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by C7ZR1forT
Bigg_Gunz,

Much earlier in the thread, a few weeks ago, you spent much time discussing the issue with exhaust back pressure and EGT. Adding turbos will change the exhaust flow. So, is it correct to assume that big brother is supercharged?

Look at the engine layout and you'll have your answer.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
Being this car is a "specialty car" with limited production between 5000 - 10000 with more available upon demand, I would say its going to one up the GXP with refinements in interior, braking, and suspension. I would not expect to see anything less than the LT1 with a high possibility of a supercharged version. I also expect the pricing of this car to be 50k + whatever the dealer comes up with for "Market Value".
how much HP does the GXP have? the 5.3L i bet will break 400hp
Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
how much HP does the GXP have? the 5.3L i bet will break 400hp

Easily, expect sand bagging.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
Being this car is a "specialty car" with limited production between 5000 - 10000 with more available upon demand, I would say its going to one up the GXP with refinements in interior, braking, and suspension. I would not expect to see anything less than the LT1 with a high possibility of a supercharged version. I also expect the pricing of this car to be 50k + whatever the dealer comes up with for "Market Value".
Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/12/...vette-7712080/

"Power will come from the new LT1 V8 which the SS will share with the upcoming Corvette C7, mated to a manual transmission. Despite its standing as a halo model, GM won't limited production of the Chevy SS, building and selling as many as customers demand. The General figures that will amount to about 10,000 to 15,000 units each year. "

Last edited by johnbell2; 12-21-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Although this is not an exact answer, I'd say they look the same.
Awesome, thanks a ton for that image.

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
This particular V6 will not see force induction from the OEM stand point. The aftermarket will have to fill that niche.

The bell housing will be the same bolt pattern.

Bigg Gunz
Bigg Gunz,

Thanks for the reply! I'm willing to bet that once the market figures out how to milk that E92 ECM for everything that it's worth, the rest will manage to come into it's own. With as much similarity between the whole platform I think this can only help our V6 community which has dwindled in size over the last few years.

I am glad that GM has done this, I had wished that they had done it before with the LSx powerplant because of the sheer capability of that engine itself.

With this engine being an aluminum block/heads, this makes retrofit swaps even more desireable instead of tossing a large iron block/head 4.3 from previous generations for minimal gain.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
THIS is pretty impressive!
I would bet this was infact the 5.3L variant instead of the LT1.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Teching In

BG,

I know your response must be gauged, but are we talking about "big brother" and the new "Z06" as the same model? From the leaked CAD photos we can see two different engines, the LT1 being one and the presumed LT4 the other. In other words, combining the current Z06 and ZR1 into one higher performance model. Current sales seem to point towards this.

Just curious as I would like to see a HIGH horsepower, boosted ZR1 type model with all the bells and whistles, but also a track oriented Z06 type model that focuses on N/A, light weight and a more raw driving experience. Something more along the lines of a GT3RS, Viper ACR, etc. High revving peaky engine, titanium exhaust, adjustable coilovers, carbon ceramic brakes, thinner glass, etc...

Thanks for all your info and answers! I'm sure the C7 is gonna be killer. I grew up just north of Blowing Green and visited the factory as a kid. Well, I still do!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Latterlon
BG,

I know your response must be gauged, but are we talking about "big brother" and the new "Z06" as the same model? From the leaked CAD photos we can see two different engines, the LT1 being one and the presumed LT4 the other. In other words, combining the current Z06 and ZR1 into one higher performance model. Current sales seem to point towards this.

Just curious as I would like to see a HIGH horsepower, boosted ZR1 type model with all the bells and whistles, but also a track oriented Z06 type model that focuses on N/A, light weight and a more raw driving experience. Something more along the lines of a GT3RS, Viper ACR, etc. High revving peaky engine, titanium exhaust, adjustable coilovers, carbon ceramic brakes, thinner glass, etc...

Thanks for all your info and answers! I'm sure the C7 is gonna be killer. I grew up just north of Blowing Green and visited the factory as a kid. Well, I still do!
It is essential that different levels of performance must be maintain for the consumer. One size does NOT fit all, every budget is not the same. All corvettes are built on the track. The questions is how much motor can the tire handle and go from there.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WarShrike
Awesome, thanks a ton for that image.

Bigg Gunz,

Thanks for the reply! I'm willing to bet that once the market figures out how to milk that E92 ECM for everything that it's worth, the rest will manage to come into it's own. With as much similarity between the whole platform I think this can only help our V6 community which has dwindled in size over the last few years.

I am glad that GM has done this, I had wished that they had done it before with the LSx powerplant because of the sheer capability of that engine itself.

With this engine being an aluminum block/heads, this makes retrofit swaps even more desireable instead of tossing a large iron block/head 4.3 from previous generations for minimal gain.

I think the V6 scene can rejoice! They've needed something like this engine for a while now. They have something they can go out and pick on stock Ls1's which should make for interesting performance between the two rivals.

Bigg Gunz

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block