Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snkebait95
Man i see both sides of the argument. The thing that gets me is why would anyone waste hours of their time to discuss things discussed in this thread if it was all bullshit?
That and the detail of things discussed is what still holds me back from deciding if this was a hoax or not.
You're not alone. His level of detail and ability to converse with other technical forum members is why I stated, "The guy seems to have a good bit of knowledge and an actual engineering background, or he could be baffling us with BS." in my message to Harlan Charles. The guy has some sort of engineering background.

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Boredom and wanting to feel important come to mind...some people go through great lengths to create an internet persona to make up for their shortcomings in real life. Just watch the MTV show Catfish and look at the great lengths people go to to create entirely false lives.
You see this often. I remember when the C6Z06 first came out. A well respected forum member Performin'Normin' got one of the first ones. Someone tipped him off to another forum where a guy was using all of Normin's photos and videos to post up about "his" brand new C6 Z06. He had a large following of people asking him all kinds of questions and admiring his "first on the block to have it" status. Norman joined the forum and called him on his BS. Initially the forum members claimed Norman was the troll (imagine that!) and that he was trying to steal their guy's thunder. I think it came to Norman posting a picture of the car with a newspaper on it at his house or something along those lines.

The IP address Bigg Gunz posts from doesn't seem to line up with anything that can be tied to GM (although I know those can be masked), and his email account that he used to set up this account is a generic Gmail address. Something has never been right with this guy, and his final ranting post in this thread throws him solidly in the troll category in my mind. If he was a troll, he got you guys good. If he can prove his back story, I have no problems eating crow. The burden of proof is on him.
I will gladly eat crow... I just don't appreciated being lied to and insulted for no reason. I was going to ask if anyone had done some interwebs sleuthing on Mr. Gunz as far as IP address etc.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Well....I have to say, that this thread was more fun when we were talking about how the LV3 might actually outperform the LS1 and how the LT1's combo of crazy powerful ECM, DI and VVT would make it a monster on E85.

Just sayin'.................
Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Launching!

I was also going to say i cant believe nobody on here has tried to see where hes posting from ect. ect. I was just about to ask him to post a picture of his personal toys with different types of bread on them (as another forum did recently according to jalopnik) . Heres a lengthy pm that could help solve the mystery. He mentions the school of mechanical, aerospace, and civil engineering. This is great lengths for a possible internet persona which can, very sadly, be very faux.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
Quote:
Thank you, you sir are awesome. Im going to look into that.

I dont have a power goal, i just want to run mid to low 11s. The guy who ported my heads suggested me a cam that I bought. Its a comp 238/240 duration with .610 lift. I didnt ask what the lsa was. He said the heads flow 300 cfm. Thats as much as I know about the heads. I didnt ask much because I trust the guy, but hes obviously no engineer. I think Ill try the 102mm intake, and then borrow my brothers 92mm and see the results.
Ill be wrapping my headers, and thanks for the hint!
The guy said I should making 480-500 rwhp in a 95 z28, t56, with and 10 bolt with 4.10s (i know ill need a stronger differential). I have 42lb injectors, tubular adjustable lower control arms and panhard bar.

Thanks for any other suggestions you have. Again your awesome, many other people could simply ignore the questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
Quote:
I have been reading your writings in the 2014 lt1 thread. I would love to hear what you have to say about a few things, but only if you have the time because they are selfish i guess you could say, and im sure many people have pm'ed you asking questions. So i understand 100% if i dont get a reply. I'm 20 so im trying not to sound like a dumbass.

First, you say to make some serious money go to school and start learning about direct injection and vvt.
What degrees/majors/ school path/ would one take to become fluent in this technology? I never persued math classes after algebra II so would you agree i dont really have a chance at that lol?

Random fact, you have my dream job.

Last question. I read in your writings that not one gm engine has been built block first, always hea design then build the rest of the engine around it.

So with my very uneducated background to building engines, im sure i built mine in the wrong order but was just wondering what you think of my combination in terms of an "effcient performance engine". I use those terms loosely.

I basically picked a bottom end that sounded good and got the heads i had ported, and got the best intake manifold on the market.
Its an iron 6.0l bored .030 with forged internals, -4cc pistons.
Next i took my heads i had from my 5.3l (862 casting), i had ls1 valves put in, and had them hand ported by a reputable local ls1/lt1 performance shop and the guy told me to go with a fast 102.
How does that sound in terms of effciency or opposed to building an engine from the heads on?

Oh, you also said good headers make tons of difference. You said theres three companies you would ever buy from but you cant say. Can you give me a hint? I have the typical pace*******, which im sure arent one of the three.

Thanks for anything you can elaborate on!
If you can and should looking into the "School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering." Your going to have to move abroad there and become an international student as I did I left (Nebraska) and acquire as much as you can. Preferably a PhD to set you apart from all others.
Then come back to the states once you have that in your tool belt. You can apply for companies and jobs however more than likely you'll have a job before you complete school there. Companies like to recruit early and build loyalty with students. And you will finish school with a job from some major fortune 500 company making $230,000 per year to start. Sounds crazy right? But its very possible and true. Do NOT do this for the money do it because you love challenges. I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS FOR THE MONEY.

Being twenty you are at the right age. I started when i was 18 but you are at the right age as of right now. Try your best to get started in 2013, go back and take some free classes to strength your math skills. This is all about math and Modeling and analysis, solid mechanics and stress analysis. You need to get to the level of Advanced MATHEMATICS. Once you are there... you are good to go.

Now, I have to be honest with you. If you don't like a challenge or extreme mental stress this isn't the field for you. This requires your ability to focus and be innovative in often new areas not known. You have to have a passion for problems and challenges that others simply give up on as impossible.

This job is the best job if you love problems. Or it can be the worst job if you're doing it for a large check. Do you have chance at it? YES, absolutely the simple fact that you would ask, shows that you are wanting to achieve more in life but need guidance. You can do this the question is will you do it? Will you make the changes and needed requirements to push you above the rest. I believe you do but you have to believe you do in order for this to happen. The first step is the hard and longest.
Success is just a repeat of making very small accurate decisions day to day. It's just like adding up your payroll. 1 hour is nothing... however 40 hours working = your check. You have to look at making your decision to add up to something you can spend on a career and you will make it.

Now to your engine.

I need the flow numbers, cc, and port shape to give you an accurate response.
However I will state that 102MM intake manifold is too much flow for your engine. It will absolutely be incredibility LOW on torque due to the runner length and port design. Your engine will not produce the dynamic pressures you need. You need more cubes to take advantage of that intake. You will have to spin your engine to 7500rpm maybe slightly higher to get any real promising results from such an intake.

Since you have had your heads ported its just best that you build around that. Your combo can be maximized still you need the proper cam and intake next. What are your goal power levels? And I will help you reach them. As for the headers you have, just save up for better ones or wrap those you have. Truly you need to have headers with a merger collector and they are called "race headers." That is your hint.

I am here feel free to drop any information you can about your power goals and lets go from there.

Bigg Gunz

That 10 bolt is soon to be scrap metal. However the tuning of that 102mm is going to be an issue, however you've stated that your brother has a 92mm you can borrow, that will work will as well. However I do NOT like being the burden of bad news.
But that is too much intake volume (102MM) unless 7000rpm+ is in your future, not enough head flow. The velocity is going to drop off really fast with that duration. I'm predicting 420rwhp maximum. Maybe 440 rwhp with the convert locked on a cold day. How long before the build is complete?

My calculations says with a 92mm or 102mm intake and their large volume. Your cam must be .607 intake Lift and .612 Exhaust Lift and LSA 110' Duration would be 238/245 the heads would have to be milled .020 and 45 degree valve cut with a back cut of 30 degrees on the heads. 220cc ports. Converting from a Mass air to a Speed density tune would help as well. This would get you to 480rwhp for sure.

Bigg Gunz
The heads were back cut I forgot to mention. I also forgot to mention it is speed density as well. I had a 5.3l in it not too long ago. Also have a 25% underdrive harmonic dampener. Im interested in seeing the results because guy who ported my heads and suggested the cam will be tuning my car as well so Id like to see how close all of our guesses were. I that I'll get it dyno tuned.

In your case the make or break will be very RPM VS VOLUME within 102mm intake to build the velocity to build the airspeed up to enter the Combustion Chamber. Depending on the port CC and shape will barely and I mean barely get you there. I'd be very impressed if you do meet your goal. The tune is going to have to be spot on.

I'm wishing you all the best with achieving your goal. If it does let me know what happen and if it doesn't let me know what happen so that we can fix it and get you above 500rwhp. And I'm 100% sure I can get you there without question.

If I'm ever down in your area I'll stop in for a coffee and alignment. And on a fun note... Between you and I the 5.3liter is the sledgehammer of the LSX world. Do NOT Repeat that surely they will insult you as the 6.0 some how is bigger just because of the larger bores (rolls eyes). With the right rods and heads we spec to our machinist to build I have gear head friends within the company 610hp N/A out of a 2005 5.3 liter. We're talking 115HP per liter that is called efficiency and it screams up top. And if you're wondering about my person my person toy, I have a 2008 L92 block destroked with a 4.8 forged crank and rods that purely runs E-85 @ 20psi on HIGH PRESSURE VE of 145% That makes 1420 HP and has been doing so for 3 years solid.

Maybe one day our superiors will let me or our engineers post how to build guides and the process of creating such efficient engines with pictures. As of right now we are RED TAPE for obvious reason the aftermarket and those people that make their living wouldn't approve. Which is only fair I think at the basic level.

Take care keep me posted on what is happening. I am here to help anyway possible in knowledge.

Bigg Gunz
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone notice the members with the harshest criticism for me all have single digit post counts? Anyone want to do an IP check on those vs. Mr. Gunz? I'd put money on them being the same.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Teching In

bg's info seemed interesting. i regret to see him leave.

even if it turns out not to be completely authentic, i suspect the guy definitely does have inside knowledge.

i have been a fortune 500 risk manager, and we would not have done what they were doing; but we were in a different industry.

if we did it, we would have screened any posts in advance, (and that is a headache) so it would not surprise me if it turns out that bg did not work for GM.

then again, the 'debunking' is not likely true either; if GM had seen the thread turn from informative to stupid bickering, of course they would shut it down and deny their involvement.

while far from carrying a professional marketing polish, i thought bg's posts were much more civil than the ones attacking him, by a long shot.

those of you going out of your way to antagonize him are the real jerks here. thanks.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Cobra- right after you say, anyone notice low post count members are the only ones attacking you, a person with 14 posts calls you a jerk
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I fail to understand why you guys want information from an unverifiable source who just doesn't come off "right"?
Personally, if I wanted to get cleansed and sanitized information blessed by GM's marketing department, I'd just wait until I can go to the car show and get a glossy brochure with all that information in it. I have worked inside these types of companies and it takes longer to get technical details like have been shared here blessed by a "verifiable source" than it takes to design an entirely brand new car.

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
I only wish that all parties would have been more adult and this thread would still be going as a great source of inside information.

Let's all stop with the name calling and finger pointing and hopefully, this thread will get back on track.
Amen. Let's lock this thread and bury it. Maybe the next threads will be a little more civil. Personal attacks should be left to Facebook, which was invented for the purpose.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramey
i suspect the guy definitely does have inside knowledge.
He has no knowledge that GM isn't OK with him posting on this forum. If he had real knowledge and was posting secrets i.e. details on the hi-po variant of the C7, GM would have the thread shut down for violation of intellectual property rights. I would take every bit of "insider info" posted in this thread with a massive dose of salt.

then again, the 'debunking' is not likely true either...
What exactly about any of my posts have been untrue? Have I made any claims I was unable to back up? Did I go to the trouble to photoshop my conversation with Harlan Charles? I guess that could be done... if that's what you want to believe then have at it.

while far from carrying a professional marketing polish, i thought bg's posts were much more civil than the ones attacking him, by a long shot.

those of you going out of your way to antagonize him are the real jerks here. thanks.
Hilarious... nobody has attacked Mr. Gunz, only asked basic questions to validate him as a source. Please show me where he was antagonized or attacked?

-------------------------

Nevermind... another low post count poster. Another sign of an uber-troll... he's got multiple log-ins in reserve to create his own fanclub. How deep does this go Mr. Gunz?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wssix99
Personally, if I wanted to get cleansed and sanitized information blessed by GM's marketing department, I'd just wait until I can go to the car show and get a glossy brochure with all that information in it. I have worked inside these types of companies and it takes longer to get technical details like have been shared here blessed by a "verifiable source" than it takes to design an entirely brand new car.
Again... not a single real photo of the C7 has leaked prior to the 1/13/2013 release in this modern camera-phone era. Do you think GM would allow someone to post special info in this forum? Seriously?

Originally Posted by wssix99
Amen. Let's lock this thread and bury it. Maybe the next threads will be a little more civil. Personal attacks should be left to Facebook, which was invented for the purpose.
As I said in the post above... please show me where anyone attacked Mr. Gunz. Attempting to verify the worthiness of a source is not a personal attack.

---------------------

This is my last post in this thread. My intentions were to verify if this guy was legitimate; nothing more nothing less. Convincing some of you that you've been duped on an extremely elaborate level isn't going to happen. Akin to arguing politics with liberals. Hope one of you wins that sweet gM LT1. I'll go back to hanging around the Conversions & Hybrids section

Last edited by Cobra4B; 01-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM

You can search my posts... been around here a long time. What makes you think "we really had something good" if you can't verify the source? Anything of substance that GM doesn't want out there would get deleted instantly. There have been some leaks and planned leaks in the C7 area of CorvetteForum and a the things that stay are what GM allows to stay.
Sorry I should have been more clear for you to understand. I meant you showing back up in the the thread to cause trouble, not how long you have been here at LS1TECH.

If you were looking for "leaks" you have all the right to be skeptical of who he is.
Even if Bigg Gunz was fake or if you think he was, he was still a valuable resource of concise information. All of his input regarding other peoples technical questions on released items have been very informative and from what ive seen seem to add up. Which is why i said "we really had something good" (in regards to him taking time to answer our technical questions on realeased items).

I think the result of you getting "ranted at" the first time by BG was because he was already getting constant insults from people who were not liking what they were hearing regarding the ECM. So when you asked about his language (he seems to be very patriotic so he probably took it very personal(even though you were not attempting to insult him)) he then saw it as yet another insult coming his way he then lost his composure so to speak. Also showing leaked CAD images of unreleased things he had worked on probably did not help(even IF they were official leaks from a corvette official to build excitement, him in a seperate division as "powertrain engineer" may not have been privy to this). So basically you unintentionally became the powder keg of his frustrations.

Thank you sharing your personal research but I believe the response from Harlan Charles is "MOSTLY" public relations BS "to keep the customer happy". Personally I think contacting someone in the powertrain division would have been a much better bet. As BG seems to be an engineer participating in an inside experiment only him and his superviser knows about(maybe a couple more).
Old 01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think what people are getting so upset about is that they felt special...after all, this guy made them feel like they had nearly unlimited access to a GM insider, and that they were being given information that no one else in the world had access to. And all because we post on LS1Tech, which GM had deemed a super special internet forum that was worthy of such insider information. As a matter of fact, they were so impressed with our little neck of the woods that they even wanted to have a sweepstakes, all you had to do was provide Mr. Gunz with your email address and BOOM - free LT1. I sure hope those of you that decided to participate gave him throw away addresses.

Successful internet trolls have a few things in common - they come off as very believeable, but they usually take it one step too far. Like, say, claiming a $500k/year salary when they are in their 20s. Or "give me your email address and I'll enter you in a contest to win a free LT1." They also can't stand anyone that questions them, and take it 10 steps too far to try and squash anyone that dares to question their identity or authority. They'll even go so far as to try and get other forum members to attack whoever dared to try and verify their credentials. Shun the nonbeliever!

So before anyone else goes crying "*******", take a step back and look at some of the more heated exchanges, and then ask yourself one question: why would GM take an interest in a forum that has, as of late, been falling off in actual tech content? The glory days of LS1Tech have long since passed. There are some that are still trying to keep it alive, but not like this.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM

Anyone notice the members with the harshest criticism for me all have single digit post counts? Anyone want to do an IP check on those vs. Mr. Gunz? I'd put money on them being the same.
That's because a lot of us joined the forum to make use of the channel of information that was opened. No one is happy with hearing you instead of BG? Surprised?

GM would not disclose that they are releasing information through a forum before they pass it along to other formal media channels. Again, are you surprised? Some of the leaks if not all could be GM creating excitement and guess what. They won't ever come out and say it outright. His email address does not come back as Bigg_Gunz@GM.com. Surprised?

So BG may be fake, that possibility always existed. So it may be true, I'll get over it in a day. But what if BG was real? Then you killed off a chain of communication that was unique to the forum and enthusiasts. There is much more to lose here...
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Teching In

I think what people are getting so upset about is that they felt special...after all, this guy made them feel like they had nearly unlimited access to a GM insider, and that they were being given information that no one else in the world had access to. And all because we post on LS1Tech, which GM had deemed a super special internet forum that was worthy of such insider information. As a matter of fact, they were so impressed with our little neck of the woods that they even wanted to have a sweepstakes, all you had to do was provide Mr. Gunz with your email address and BOOM - free LT1. I sure hope those of you that decided to participate gave him throw away addresses.

Successful internet trolls have a few things in common - they come off as very believeable, but they usually take it one step too far. Like, say, claiming a $500k/year salary when they are in their 20s. Or "give me your email address and I'll enter you in a contest to win a free LT1." They also can't stand anyone that questions them, and take it 10 steps too far to try and squash anyone that dares to question their identity or authority. They'll even go so far as to try and get other forum members to attack whoever dared to try and verify their credentials. Shun the nonbeliever!

So before anyone else goes crying "*******", take a step back and look at some of the more heated exchanges, and then ask yourself one question: why would GM take an interest in a forum that has, as of late, been falling off in actual tech content? The glory days of LS1Tech have long since passed. There are some that are still trying to keep it alive, but not like this.
Amen to that!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

5 days till the real deal goes down...

Then this thread will be forgotten...

If the Mods still believe in Santa, then maybe an Administrator
can lock this thread..
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 PM

Personally I really dont care if he was real or not.
Im just unhappy how we had someone taking there time (legit or not) to answer our various engine questions. And it certainly didnt warrent wasteing 150 posts of someone trying to prove their point no matter how right or wrong they may be. And not stopping until they drove off the other party with out catching them red handed. And we still dont have concrete evidence as of if he was legit or not. Other than the Harlan Charles post(but I just dont think he was in the loop).
All of his "leaks" could very well be bogus but to me it wasnt about that.
What i really do care about is the free informative tips he was handing out to people looking to build a LSx engine.
And his other more technical posts about the inner workings of the engines were an interesting read.

As an engineer Bigg Gunz form of customer service has been to stoop to our level and answer our questions in an informative way. Having dealt other hardcore specialised engineers I would have to say his responses have been similar.

What I really think happened here was someone high in GM told Bigg Gunz to go post on LS1TECH "for first hand experience with the customers/enthusiasts to get their feedback etc". Also to stir the pot so to speak by providing us with tidbits of information to keep us interested in (Gen V and other GM things) and to answer any of our questions(THANK YOU).

BG was selected by his superviser to be the one to do this. Unfortunely BG did not appear to have any previous experience posting on a internet forum or at least dealing with a forum that is NOT strictly professional such as LS1TECH. As he seems to be inexperienced in the ways of the internet forum. I take everything he says that is a bit off(his mannerisms) is due to inexperience with dealing with people(and ********) in the context of an internet forum. As an engineer he is used to presenting the facts and then explaining why it is. End of Story. But then when people insult you and then say "no your wrong I can do the impossible". Bigg Gunz was not used to this, part of the reasons why I believe is why he acted in the manner that he did.
Which is also why I believe the poor guy had quite the "trial by fire" when he first arrived and then left in frustration.
What you really got from this was raw unedited engineer. Being that this is a more techincal site I would have thought this would have been fine. But for a few here it was just way to much to comprehend/handle or even understand apparently.
Some of the stuff he does say may not be his personal veiws. But what he can say is worded the way it is due to company policies and legal BS.

I assume part of the reason he does not reveal himself is b/c he is officially here on unofficial business. IE anything he says could be used againist him and his employer if he was official. This way they can have deniability. But essentially he does not exist.

Even if he did happen to be a blue oval engineer sitting at his computer getting a good laugh at us. I would have to say that this was quite an elaberate and persistent troll to actually be one.
If you read from the beginning (which is quite long now) you can actually see how Bigg Gunz goes from being a complete forum newbie to haveing a basic grasp on how things work on a internet forum(although he still seems to have trouble dealing with trolls). I find this aspect of him to be a partically hard thing to emulate as a troll.

I for one was grateful of his presence here, being able to talk to an actual engineer has been a privilege for us.

Im sure dealing with some of the people was infuriating for him.
In the end i think we were just to much stress BG didnt need/want in his life.
Maybe he just needs a break from this for while but I really hope he does come back.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Name calling might make you feel better but doesn't really do more than that.

You have his "insider info" and knowledge which seems good on the surface. And then you have his insults, tender feelings, and made up giveaway.

It comes down to whether the bad discredits everything else he said.

Seeing how he reacted when confronted with a MARKETING MANGER saying he doesn't work for GM was enough for me. He wasn't attacked, just presented with information and he exploded.

A manager who is that high on the marketing food chain would know of someone granting early access to a giveaway of that magnatude. Especially if BG, as an engineer, had access to enter us into that sweepstakes before the public was given a chance.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
That's because a lot of us joined the forum to make use of the channel of information that was opened. No one is happy with hearing you instead of BG? Surprised?

GM would not disclose that they are releasing information through a forum before they pass it along to other formal media channels. Again, are you surprised? Some of the leaks if not all could be GM creating excitement and guess what. They won't ever come out and say it outright. His email address does not come back as Bigg_Gunz@GM.com. Surprised?

So BG may be fake, that possibility always existed. So it may be true, I'll get over it in a day. But what if BG was real? Then you killed off a chain of communication that was unique to the forum and enthusiasts. There is much more to lose here...
Agreed. The upside of BG's posts were definitely better than any possible down side.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
But what if BG was real? Then you killed off a chain of communication that was unique to the forum and enthusiasts. There is much more to lose here...
this...

Originally Posted by chazman
Agreed. The upside of BG's posts were definitely better than any possible down side.
and this..
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AllGoodNamesTaken
Personally I really dont care if he was real or not.
Im just unhappy how we had someone taking there time (legit or not) to answer our various engine questions. And it certainly didnt warrent wasteing 150 posts of someone trying to prove their point no matter how right or wrong they may be. And not stopping until they drove off the other party with out catching them red handed. And we still dont have concrete evidence as of if he was legit or not. Other than the Harlan Charles post(but I just dont think he was in the loop).
All of his "leaks" could very well be bogus but to me it wasnt about that.
What i really do care about is the free informative tips he was handing out to people looking to build a LSx engine.
And his other more technical posts about the inner workings of the engines were an interesting read.

As an engineer Bigg Gunz form of customer service has been to stoop to our level and answer our questions in an informative way. Having dealt other hardcore specialised engineers I would have to say his responses have been similar.

What I really think happened here was someone high in GM told Bigg Gunz to go post on LS1TECH "for first hand experience with the customers/enthusiasts to get their feedback etc". Also to stir the pot so to speak by providing us with tidbits of information to keep us interested in (Gen V and other GM things) and to answer any of our questions(THANK YOU).

BG was selected by his superviser to be the one to do this. Unfortunely BG did not appear to have any previous experience posting on a internet forum or at least dealing with a forum that is NOT strictly professional such as LS1TECH. As he seems to be inexperienced in the ways of the internet forum. I take everything he says that is a bit off(his mannerisms) is due to inexperience with dealing with people(and ********) in the context of an internet forum. As an engineer he is used to presenting the facts and then explaining why it is. End of Story. But then when people insult you and then say "no your wrong I can do the impossible". Bigg Gunz was not used to this, part of the reasons why I believe is why he acted in the manner that he did.
Which is also why I believe the poor guy had quite the "trial by fire" when he first arrived and then left in frustration.
What you really got from this was raw unedited engineer. Being that this is a more techincal site I would have thought this would have been fine. But for a few here it was just way to much to comprehend/handle or even understand apparently.
Some of the stuff he does say may not be his personal veiws. But what he can say is worded the way it is due to company policies and legal BS.

I assume part of the reason he does not reveal himself is b/c he is officially here on unofficial business. IE anything he says could be used againist him and his employer if he was official. This way they can have deniability. But essentially he does not exist.

Even if he did happen to be a blue oval engineer sitting at his computer getting a good laugh at us. I would have to say that this was quite an elaberate and persistent troll to actually be one.
If you read from the beginning (which is quite long now) you can actually see how Bigg Gunz goes from being a complete forum newbie to haveing a basic grasp on how things work on a internet forum(although he still seems to have trouble dealing with trolls). I find this aspect of him to be a partically hard thing to emulate as a troll.

I for one was grateful of his presence here, being able to talk to an actual engineer has been a privilege for us.

Im sure dealing with some of the people was infuriating for him.
In the end i think we were just to much stress BG didnt need/want in his life.
Maybe he just needs a break from this for while but I really hope he does come back.
I have to break my rule for this... One more post. Please tell me you guys realize this is Mr. Gunz posting under another username. That or the biggest "swinger" of all time.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Its only obvious. LOL

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block