Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

LSX block with L8T rotating assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2024 | 08:04 AM

Default LSX block with L8T rotating assembly?

Hey guys I happened on a killer deal on a gently used ($1200) LSX block from a ARCA race team, I’m would like to build this up on a budget. I was wondering if the L8T rotating assembly could be used in the LSX block? Don’t really have $2500-3500 to spend on a new rotating assembly so I’m looking at good used parts from my pick and pay. Any help is appreciated
Old 09-26-2024 | 04:39 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BigLev74
Hey guys I happened on a killer deal on a gently used ($1200) LSX block from a ARCA race team, I’m would like to build this up on a budget. I was wondering if the L8T rotating assembly could be used in the LSX block? Don’t really have $2500-3500 to spend on a new rotating assembly so I’m looking at good used parts from my pick and pay. Any help is appreciated
The LSX block is dimensionally the same as an OEM LS block, as far as bearing journals go, bore spacing, etc. Now you’ll need to do your homework here on your LSX block and find out if it’s a std deck height, what the cylinder bore is currently, and especially the cam bearing diameters. Circle track (endurance engine builds in general) engine builders like to bore the cam bearing journals oversize so that a bigger base circle cam…with larger journals obviously..be utilized, which makes for a more robust valvetrain foundation. Often times roller cam bearings are used there.
In a nutshell, the L8T crank will absolutely fit as long as your block hasn’t been modded for different main bearing diameters. That’s another circle track engine mod that reduces bearing temps and adds life to the narrow bearings that often get used in endurance engine builds. If you don’t have the means to properly measure all of these areas, take it to a shop and have them do it for you. I wouldn’t purchase anything before verifying exactly what will work in that block.