Holla if you were there...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow is an understatement for how I felt about this weekend. Sure the weather started out bad but the hardcore hung in there and a really great time was had by all. I wanted to race but had to settle for the show and shine. A new untuned motor with the VE in a fairly safe area and the PE in the I'll break your crank if you nail the gas mode left me no choice. Next time I hope there's more food vendors. The only issue I had was spending sunday and today with the screaming *****.(coulda been the waffleHouse)

See y'all next month at the ShootOut.....!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

I had a great time! Holley really did a nice job. Those who didn't show up really missed out on a killer event!!

Thanks PSJ for all the help.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 PM
S2K
On The Tree

Location: Bristol, TN/Knoxville, TN/Mooresville, NC/Phoenix, AZ

I was there on Saturday with my father, and we had a good time.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Teching In

thanks Pro Stock John for setting up the hotel rates @ best western. had a really great room for $59.00. going to try for the same room next year
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 267 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice4thgenZ
I had a great time, thanks again PSJ for the hotel rates. I lost 2nd round in bracket, but took home the win in index! Thanks again Holley, BMR, and Herzog Racing Engines.
Congrats, at least I lost to the winner. I broke out worse than you after cutting a .027 light Oh well, maybe next time.

I didn't realize you were from my neck of the woods. Doug Herzog is still around?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Had a great time,joined true street,index,and bracket.
Just bought the car drove it from Cleveland managed to finish third in bracket.

Good to see everyone.
Big thanks to Holley and the rest of the vendors.

Can't wait till next year.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by helicoil
Congrats, at least I lost to the winner. I broke out worse than you after cutting a .027 light Oh well, maybe next time.

I didn't realize you were from my neck of the woods. Doug Herzog is still around?
Yeah Doug is out in warrenton now. I def had luck on my side, I couldnt get the car to run 10.5 and had traction problems so I unhooked the secondaries, which made it 11.0 but killed my lights
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sunset01TA

Good to see everyone.

So you entered 3 events? Was it on sun or sat that you entered a 3rd event?

I will be pissed as I went up to the tower sunday and spoke with A guy (not Jeff) and they said no to 3 events. They said you can only do two events.

I wanted to get into bracket on sunday. But I already did true street and was in index.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myz06
Excellent event. It was nice to have nothing but ls everywhere. We came up saturday and stayed the night. This was my first trip out of town with the car and she did great. It feels so great cruising a 41 year old car down the parkway getting 20 mpg (untuned). Next year Ill be ready for some autocross action and maybe a little drag racing. I was in the show and shine but I'm more of a driving kinda guy then cleaning. Thanks to everyone that pulled this off and I'm looking forward to next year.
Holy crap man I loved your car. What motor mounts did you use? IIRC you have about a inch between the head and firewall?

I was there Saturday. I didn't show or race my car. I feel its not worthy enough yet. For my first all LSX show it couldn't have been better. There was always something going on and little down time even after the rain. I can't wait till next year!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

I came to spectate some....Damn what a show. There wasnt as many cars but the coolness level of the cars made up for it. I was a little bummed that I got there right when the engine swap just ended. The fast cars made up for it though and the speed stop was fun to watch, I had doubts about it being good. Overall it was a killer show. I will be marking my calander for next year and let work know I'll be sick that day so I can go again.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I had a great time! Holley really did a nice job. Those who didn't show up really missed out on a killer event!!
Thanks PSJ for all the help.
Nice putting a face to the name, it was good to meet you!

Originally Posted by helicoil
Get that turbo kit and you will "never" break out again

Originally Posted by Sunset01TA

Good to see everyone.

Thanks for all the help Brian!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
FormerVendor

It was a great time and met a lot of good people. With the weather there was a good turnout and the event ran very well. Thanks Holley, PSJ and all the rest of the organizers for putting it on. I would hate to see how bad my racoon eyes would have looked if the weather was perfect all 3 days. Beech Bend was an ideal facility to put on a variety of events to keep things moving.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I think that the event went very well considering what the weather was doing.

Thanks to John Ryan for his enthusiasm and continued passion.

Also I wanted to say thanks to Jeff Conley and Jeff Tucker. They were the Drag Race staff and race director. They juggled the qualifying and schedule several times to fit the weather conditions. From a spectators point of view it was very smooth.

Jimi Days crew as well as the Holley gang were very serious about producing a first class event. No detail was too small. Nice job!

Also a huge thanks to Holley for getting the huge media turnout. When the magazine and Horepower TV coverage comes out it should be huge.

I was very impressed with the caliber of Editorial Staff present at the Fest.

It was cool to hang out with fellow racers again. Poor Mark will re think pitting close to me in the future LOL. Sorry buddy!

Hope to see everyone at the LSX Shootout!

Robin
Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Thanks guys, I just love LS heads-up racing and I want to thank Holley for letting me be it the rules committee and along with Robin try to represent the best interests of the racers and give them a voice in those discussions.

I think a lot of guys deserve a big thanks, like the guys who were also on the rules committee..

Off the top of my head...

Bill Tichenor, Holley
Monte Smith, NOS
Jimi Day, FM3
Wally Olczak, FM3
Mike Copeland
Judson Massengill
Brian Nutter
Jeff Conley rules and drag race event coordinator great job broh!
Jeff Tucker event coordinate and super nice guy
Scott Parker, GMHTP
Henry De Los Santos, CHP

And most of all, thank you to all the guys and gals who braved the weather forecast and towed long distances to support the event.

~John Ryan
Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Thanks guys, I just love LS heads-up racing and I want to thank Holley for letting me be it the rules committee and along with Robin try to represent the best interests of the racers and give them a voice in those discussions.

I think a lot of guys deserve a big thanks, like the guys who were also on the rules committee..

Off the top of my head...

Bill Tichenor, Holley
Monte Smith, NOS
Jimi Day, FM3
Wally Olczak, FM3
Mike Copeland
Judson Massengill
Brian Nutter
Jeff Conley rules and drag race event coordinator great job broh!
Jeff Tucker event coordinate and super nice guy
Scott Parker, GMHTP
Henry De Los Santos, CHP

And most of all, thank you to all the guys and gals who braved the weather forecast and towed long distances to support the event.

~John Ryan
Good meeting you John and I had a great time even though my tranny broke.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by c_keith74
The guy with the calico camaro, you gotta see his monte carlo. It is just bad ***. Can't wait till next month.

Well thank you very much! I would like to have had it out on the track as well but I didnt want to break it since i drove it there! No way home would be bad. I dont know if I will be taking anything to the lsx shootout or not, may just be spectating!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 267 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice4thgenZ
Yeah Doug is out in warrenton now. I def had luck on my side, I couldnt get the car to run 10.5 and had traction problems so I unhooked the secondaries, which made it 11.0 but killed my lights
Secondaries? What are those?

Originally Posted by koolrayz

Get that turbo kit and you will "never" break out again
Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was there! Seemed like a really great event. I was especially pleased with how true street was run compared to the shootout!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Launching!

I was there and finally ran my car for the first time. I've somehow managed to drag this project car out for over a year. The second pass was 10.79 @ 127, with a sad 1.77 sixty foot. I'm just glad no parts fell off!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ponyhater27
Holy crap man I loved your car. What motor mounts did you use? IIRC you have about a inch between the head and firewall?

I was there Saturday. I didn't show or race my car. I feel its not worthy enough yet. For my first all LSX show it couldn't have been better. There was always something going on and little down time even after the rain. I can't wait till next year!!
Thanks. I used Carshop Inc 1" setback plates. Used Hookers first but no room whatsoever.