Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Which F-Body To Get??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FBGSU02
M6 is more fun to drive on the road. camaro or t/a dosen't matter just get the best car for the price.
and that is a "fact"..
Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

my "fact" on that matter is a stalled a4 is MUCH more fun than an m6..
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
"Differences between LS1 Years."
Where did you find this at? ^ That's like the fbody Bible
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Radcannon
haha engineering is not experience or r&d as much as it is governing equations and analysis and CFD. BTW R&D is very rarely used in engineering now as in it is not really relied upon. Its all shifting to analytical design using Computational Fluid Dynamics and 2D repesenation of systems doing 1D flow analysis and using CFD to match the flow characteristics. We also do stress and strain analysis on valvetrain components and blocks you name it all equations not experience. Experience doesn't tell you how the microstructure of an alloy will hold up to stress and strains and the thermo characteristics and how it relates to UTS. Also we do analysis on cams to determine velocity, acceleration which is the derivative of velocity we go to the third or fourth derivative the second being jerk which largely determines valvetrain requirements and drives valve spring and cam design.

That must all be experience and r&d. HAHAHA not engineering background education and theory. We don't really use r&d its for the less sophisticated and capable companies, because its a waste of money. When major automotive companies approach r&d now its with very limited controlled variables due to analysis.

We do not have time to r&d multiple turbos or cam phase positions mixed with spark hooks and fueling trims there are over 100,000 variables in the modern tune. Calibration is even becoming analytical.

Now explain to me how that is experience or R&D.
Little bit off topic...wow, big fancy words. But for someone of such high education, Radcannons, you still cant spell and construct sentences with proper grammar for ****.

I dont know how others feel, but I personally dont care how educated you are and how many big words/pretty-colored FEA charts you can post up, I STILL find it hard to take you seriously if I have to read some of your sentences two or three times to understand what you are trying to say.

Yes, I graduated from a university too.

Just my opinion...I see so many brilliant keyboard commando engineers out there on the forums, but when they cant even write intelligibly I have to wonder...

ben
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Ben you are the epitmy of people that **** me off. Get a life because I am way better at my job than you can even dream to be. Last time I checked engineers are not payed to engineers papers but to "construct" something that is actually of every day value smart ***.

Use your language to achieve a better reality for someone. Sorry I am horrible at literature but at least I can communicate with people. I don't find it worth my time to waste it on something so trivial as language arts when it means **** to my profession. So take your opinion and your sophisticated grammar structure and feel better about yourself. Frankly I could give a rats ***. Funny thing is i still got paid to go to college after scoring a 24 on my act in english I guess they realized engineers don't care technical language is another ball park.

Don't reply with a snide remark about going to a cheap school search GMI.

13 posts huh. What university did you graduate from? with what degree?? common man are you serious

EDIT: You know what man. the only real thing I have to say to that is I question engineers whose writing is correct. Why? because thats another side of your brain. You are more dominant one on side than the other. You can't be great at both thats so rare and far in between, I would rather have an engineer who is brilliant and bad at grammar working for me than the slick engineer who can speak so well and make people believe whatever he finds. The best engineer is math and science inclined which naturally tends to weaker english skills. How can the rational and realistic man understand an irrational and flawed language its hard to do. So you are so much more sophisticated and intelligent in mechanical and engineering matters because your flattery in language.

And you race diesels and soon to be vortec 4.8's don't bother us on our gasoline larger v8 site by talkin sh**. Diesels are easy to make power on. You have **** to control. Ohhh i think i will up the boost and throw more fuel and compression ignite my mixture without any cam changes or spark changes, hmm maybe because you don't tune anything. Its the cheap way to make power for the people that don't understand advanced controls. Any half intelligent person can throw a large turbo on a diesel and stick more fuel in it. I am sure you didn't do any designing of pistons or heads that improve swirl and tumble characteristics of the flow to enhance the fuel mixture to reduce the amount of black smoke from the exhaust, or are you one of the guys that just stuck the turbo on and added fuel to make more power and didn't give a **** about the black smoke out of your stacks.

At least us gasoline guys respect the environment a little more and tend to be a little more motor savy because it takes more refinement to build a fine tuned gasoline motor than port the diesel heads with your dremel and new turbo. Diesels are forgiving as all hell. They don't care as much if you mess up a port. Compression ignition.....

Last edited by Radcannon; 08-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Ben you are the epitmy of people that **** me off. Get a life because I am way better at my job than you can even dream to be.
Dream to be...what??? Another sentence that makes no sense whatsoever.

Last time I checked engineers are not payed to engineers papers but to "construct" something that is actually of every day value smart ***.
I knew you were going to say this... "engineers dont have to be able to write worth a damn". Sure they do, I have plenty of friends that are ME's and EE's and ill tell you what, they all know how to write. Its called high school English.

Use your language to achieve a better reality for someone. Sorry I am horrible at literature but at least I can communicate with people.
Literature is not the same thing as grammar and writing mechanics, dumbass. And no, you cant communicate with intelligible people (the ones that actually run companies that you work for and give your sorry *** a paycheck at the end of the week) in the real world using your level of writing and grammar.

I don't find it worth my time to waste it on something so trivial as language arts when it means **** to my profession.
And thats why you will always work for someone else and never go anywhere further than where you are now.

So take your opinion and your sophisticated grammar structure and feel better about yourself.
Dude its not sophisticated...its the level that every person who graduates high school should be at.

13 posts huh. What university did you graduate from? with what degree?? common man are you serious
My name on every other forum is duratothemax. I couldnt use that one here because someone must have taken it already. Go on Diesel Place or any other diesel/gm truck forum and Im sure thousands of people will be able to tell you who I am. Why does it matter which university I went to? I dont have a degree in engineering, so it wouldnt impress you anyways. I can do performance rebuilds on duramax's and allisons all day (its not like the LSx world where everyone and their brother has built one and had it hold together) so I guess there goes my need for a mechanical engineering degree.

OK thread derail complete. Carry on.

ben

Last edited by dmaxben; 08-17-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Teching In

And you race diesels and soon to be vortec 4.8's don't bother us on our gasoline larger v8 site by talkin sh**. Diesels are easy to make power on.
Yep! They are! Dont be jealous! :p:

Ohhh i think i will up the boost and throw more fuel and compression ignite my mixture without any cam changes or spark changes,
thats because there is no spark...? On a forced induction diesel engine, the cam profile doesnt really mean much like it does on an NA gas engine...

hmm maybe because you don't tune anything. Its the cheap way to make power for the people that don't understand advanced controls.
Back in 2005, I was one of 6 or so beta testers for EFILive when they started developing support for the duramax.

I am sure you didn't do any designing of pistons or heads that improve swirl and tumble characteristics of the flow to enhance the fuel mixture to reduce the amount of black smoke from the exhaust
For an engineer you're pretty stupid. On a diesel, there is no "fuel mixture" that goes through the heads...go look on wikipedia...the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder...no fuel is injected before the valves...are you following me? Thats not how you reduce the "amount of black smoke from the exhaust". You really dont have a clue. I myself decided on a design for the pistons and borrowed the use a friends lathe, FYI.

or are you one of the guys that just stuck the turbo on and added fuel to make more power and didn't give a **** about the black smoke out of your stacks.
Uh well thats how you make power on a diesel...Who said I have stacks...

At least us gasoline guys respect the environment a little more and tend to be a little more motor savy because it takes more refinement to build a fine tuned gasoline motor than port the diesel heads with your dremel and new turbo. Diesels are forgiving as all hell. They don't care as much if you mess up a port. Compression ignition.....
Oh man how little you know...your ignorance amazes me...sure we dont have to worry about air fuel ratio...but then again you guys dont have to worry about externally balancing an 85lb crankshaft, and getting internals to withstand 1,800+ ft lbs of torque at less than 2,500rpm...

ben
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Launching!

HAHAHA..... I am glad you have ME friends and EE friends. Grammar doesn't mean **** about how to run a business I do not have much respect for many managers and ceo's today because of the way they operate and hopefully that will change. Although there are managers that I have the upmost respect for yet I would think to be at their level with under a year in the company.

Nice reply to diesels because you know how easy they are, and nice reply to how the brain works. I know more about psychology I guess and I could care less about your diesel power and knowledge is not the future never was and is infinitely easier to mod so you obviously are a better engineer. CEO's that pay me often don't know **** about what I do. Thanks though, I never want to be a CEO or manager. I will leave when the time is right and start a racing company with all the knowledge I have taken from my employers. Sorry that I do not think the internet and forums are worth correcting my grammar I speak as i think.

On that note being an engineer you might be suprised by this I know. I have multiple friends who are engineers and I know quiet a few with jobs and quiet a few without, funny thing is is the ones without are decent if not really good at grammar but don't have jobs funny that. My friend is a brilliant ME and CE and knows grammar well but I can tell him engines inside and out yet he is without a job. Dude you don't know the mechanics of the brain or engineering. Please don't try to lecture me and feel good about yourself on a forum that deals with powertrain.

How about do some research on brain functioning and then respond with what you think an engineer who is truly engineer minded will function in grammar. I bet your the dumbass who thinks the effing english teacher should know mechanics too. you are so brilliant. I aspire to be you.

EDIT: (in response) if you didn't catch my sarcasm wow. i was being sarcastic about diesels don't give a **** about cams. Diesels are direct injected no **** just like SIDI engines, but flow characteristics of head and pistons dictate the mixture motion in the air which leads to fuel mixing... hahaha or do you not know that.

And congrats on beta testing efi live. So you mean you increased fuel when you put the bigger turbo on!?!?!?! **** thats hard. Still doesn't answer the question of the black smoke out of your exhaust does it. No because its obvious you have it. Diesels make power easy and cheap like I said and its obvious when it blows clouds of black smoke of how inefficient it really is. The ability for it to withstand 1800 ft/lbs at low rpms means **** unless you specifically tested the properties of the alloys up for choice in the crankshaft and then controlled their heating and cooling to treat it. I bet you don't even know what material is on the surface of your crankshaft let alone a few hundred microns deep because I bet they are different so before you blow smoke out of your *** get a clue. Its alot harder to design a crankshaft to spin 8-10 grand than withstand 1800 ft/lbs at low rpms maybe thats why your crank weighs so much smart *** twice as much as a gasoline motor yet the same size if not smaller than most race motors. Reason diesels only spin so high.... bet you can't tell me the reasons why though and what the dictating factor is, what makes it worse is I know **** about diesels compared to my gasoline knowledge and so far I know more than you. You are arguing over stupid **** without answering the key points that dictate diesels efficiency, search the diesel cycle online. It will be a P-V diagram hopefully you understand it to some extent.

As for turning the pistons congrats and i commend you seriously but since it was one a lathe there is no possible way to get the optimum cylinder design for mixture motion especially with the alloys you would have to use to achieve such high UTS. (ultimate tensil strength or specific strength of the alloy in question basically its breaking point). If it blows very little black smoke then you had to have known what you were doing otherwise I have turned many things on a lathe before doesn't make me an expert. Friend has a lathe in his basement too i can use.

And you are running 12's I could do better with a stock cummings or duramax and a bully dog tuner.

My ignorance... If I am ignorant what are you man seriously. You obviously know **** about engineering go console (probably not spelled right) with your so called ME buddies. Just out of curiosity where did they go to school?? and where do they work now?? Or do you not want to bring their jobs and education into this???

Dreamz28 i hope you have some popcorn.

Last edited by Radcannon; 08-18-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone see the Panthers-Giants game tonight? Should be a good season for the Giants even with the roster changes..
Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Teching In

We go from engines to how the brain works? I bet there are dozens of people sitting back and laughing as they read this thread.

I know I am!

ben
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Anyone see the Panthers-Giants game tonight? Should be a good season for the Giants even with the roster changes..
lol!

Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
what are you talking about????

what am i talking about? im simply stating my opinion. the thread started as a simple question about the differences between z28's and ss's and, the diffs between t/a's and so an and so forth. i think the guy gets the point. and as far as me "highjacking the thread" yes the guy should just get what he wants its not that difficult.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Launching!

lol the chiefs are where its at. And I have what he wants 02slayer. I have a two fbodys.

Thanks duramax. You already proved you know **** about engines and the brain which was introduced when you said something about my grammar. Didn't expect you to understand although you talk your university education up alot and your friends. Doubt any of them have that great of jobs.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jobs are awesome; hand, blow, boob...man, I love jobs
Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^ agreed! IBTL!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Launching!

^^^ I always enjoy a good job.

how about that farve.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

fuckhim
Old 08-19-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

for sure get a t/a . which looks meaner driving towards you? camaro or t/a......exactly
Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, for all the people talking about grammar on here, they sure do use a lot of "...s". I don't believe that using "..." is correct but whatever lol. I'd say go with the T/A over the Camaro... but that's just me .
Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

dot dot dot