Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member from NC (LS1 Miata)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from NC (LS1 Miata)

Well, time for a proper introduction I suppose.
My name is Daniel and I have owned my 1994 Mazda Miata since 2003 and have decided to get serious about power and reliability, at that point only one thing made sense, the LSx/T56 combo!
I have been browsing this forum for a little while and it was finally time to register. I have been a long time member on a Miata forum, so not new to forums or their etiquette.
I am finishing up selling of all of my old 4cyl stuff and have acquired a complete pull-out out of a 98 F-body with 88K miles on it, or so I was told.
Long story short, I am finally ready to start my long list of required fabrication in order to make my install happen.
I want to go ahead and thank you all for everything I have learned so far about this awesome power-plant and of course, everything that I have yet to learn.

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Teching In

I think I bought a turbo blanket from you a few years ago on MT.net, looking forward to seeing your build Daniel.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Teching In

WOW. That is a ton of motor in a very small car. I would be interested to see how well that thing runs.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Yes, I organized a ton of group buys on MTnet and the turbo blanket was the largest ever I believe. Good to see a familiar screen name! I believe your name is Matt, I don't know how I remember that, that is if I am correct...

Thanks skin, I take that as a compliment. But I am no pioneer here, there are a lot of LSx powered Miatas around and they deserve all the credit as I am following their footsteps.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by skinsandjrfan
WOW. That is a ton of motor in a very small car. I would be interested to see how well that thing runs.
It is but isnt lol got a friend that has a Mita with a stroked ls3 416 thats putting down 535 rwhp... its stupid crazy an scary af to drive.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zabac
Yes, I organized a ton of group buys on MTnet and the turbo blanket was the largest ever I believe. Good to see a familiar screen name! I believe your name is Matt, I don't know how I remember that, that is if I am correct...
Yes my name is Matt, you have quite a memory Daniel! So what are your plans for an ecu? I saw a company now makes a plug and play LS harness/MS3 combo which looks pretty cool: http://www.efisource.com/shop/ms3-lsx-plug-and-play/
Old 12-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I remember almost everything I have ever read, just can't always recall it lol

That MS3 is badass, may very well be an option down the road. Who am I kidding, I will more than likely go with it sooner or later.
At this moment I am going with the OEM unit and harness as I got a complete pull out including motor/trans/MAF/ecu/every sensor/complete harness.
I will go trough the harness when time permits and tidy it up and be happy for a while.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Teching In

A Miata and an LS are a combo made for each other. Stock LS hp kicks the stock engine's *** even when it's turbo'd. Can't beat a Miata for handling either. Fun, with you the best of luck with the swap!

Quick Reply: New member from NC (LS1 Miata)