Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another enthusiast and new in the forum !

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another enthusiast and new in the forum !

My name is Sebastien, a little frenchy and a real car lover.
I had a few V8, among them a beautiful 2004 corvette that I had to sell for another project. But since 2 weeks, I am the proud owner of a 2002 trans am WS6 with only 48000 miles on it ... Couldn't resist to the LS1 lol

So being passionate about V8's, I just love this car so far, specially for a french guy. Back in France, it's impossible to drive those cars on a daily basis.
Right now, I live in the west coast, just perfect to enjoy the T tops
The car is 100% stock for now and in great shape.

I hope to find interesting informations here and meet some other enthusiasts, why not
Old 11-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sebvegas
My name is Sebastien, a little frenchy and a real car lover. I had a few V8, among them a beautiful 2004 corvette that I had to sell for another project. But since 2 weeks, I am the proud owner of a 2002 trans am WS6 with only 48000 miles on it ... Couldn't resist to the LS1 lol So being passionate about V8's, I just love this car so far, specially for a french guy. Back in France, it's impossible to drive those cars on a daily basis. Right now, I live in the west coast, just perfect to enjoy the T tops The car is 100% stock for now and in great shape. I hope to find interesting informations here and meet some other enthusiasts, why not
welcome!! The forums have tons and tons of info for anything and everyone so welcome! The TrAns am is a classic and by all means an animal! Great car! Enjoy and post some pics.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Here are a couple of photos when I bought it :

Old 11-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

just installed the sub frame connectors

I am looking for borla exhausts, do you guys know where I can find a good deal on those please ? (used or brand new)
Old 12-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Borlas adjustable ordered and received !
Can't wait to install those beautiful pieces now. The quality looks awesome. Now I just have to hear them

And just a little photo of the engine bay :

Old 12-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Just installed last week some borlas catback adjustable. What an awesome catback !
Seems like the car gain some power, takes off way faster. Well i love it, and the sound is just wonderful ! i highly recommend this exhaust to any ws6 owner.

Some sound videos :

Stock one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmx...ature=youtu.be

With the borlas :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC8A...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShFY...ature=youtu.be

Just note though for everyone who wants to change their exhaust that you will have to cut the stock one or uninstall a lot of parts like the rear axle etc ...

Now, I need to change my tires and would need some help and advices please :
I would like to go 245/45 instead of 275/40 17" in the front, just for the look of a muscle car with more narrow tires on front and bigger ones on rear nd also for the handling. So, would you guys recommend that option or should I just keep the stock sizes ?
Also, what kind of tires do you recommend ? I live in Vegas, so it doesn't rain a lot and it doesn't snow neither lol I saw the bridgestone re760 sport or bf goodrich g sport. Any recommendations ? Looking for something sticky but not too much though ...

Thanks for your help everyone !
Old 12-26-2014, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Now, I need to change my tires and would need some help and advices please :
I would like to go 245/45 instead of 275/40 17" in the front, just for the look of a muscle car with more narrow tires on front and bigger ones on rear nd also for the handling. So, would you guys recommend that option or should I just keep the stock sizes ?
Also, what kind of tires do you recommend ? I live in Vegas, so it doesn't rain a lot and it doesn't snow neither lol I saw the bridgestone re760 sport or bf goodrich g sport. Any recommendations ? Looking for something sticky but not too much though ...

Thanks for your help everyone !
Beautiful car, looks to be in great condition!
Putting 245s in front will hurt handling, not help it (why would you think that it would help???)
If you want a staggered look get a new set of wheels with 10.5" or 11" in the back and stock size (9") in the front (although that is not ideal for handling, best handling will be with the same size on all four corners).
Check the wheel/tires section for recommendations on tires.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply

I thought it would help because on one of my ex car, that's what I did and it was so much better for handling.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the reply

I thought it would help because on one of my ex car, that's what I did and it was so much better for handling.
What car was it?
That doesn't make any sense. Apples to apples going from a 275 section width to a 245 section width you will have less grip, its a more narrow tire. How would that improve handling?
FYI the serious auto-x guys run 315/40/17 tires on 11" wheels on all four corners on these cars, 275s are narrow in comparison...
Old 12-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What car was it?
That doesn't make any sense. Apples to apples going from a 275 section width to a 245 section width you will have less grip, its a more narrow tire. How would that improve handling?
FYI the serious auto-x guys run 315/40/17 tires on 11" wheels on all four corners on these cars, 275s are narrow in comparison...
It was a '06 mustang GT which the previous owner installed shelby rims with fat tires. I went for more narrow tires on front and was so much better handling, the steering wheel was feeling "lighter".
That's why, I was thinking about the same for the Trans Am but obviously not lol thanks

Quick Reply: Another enthusiast and new in the forum !